Boyd Buchanan @ Grace Academy

reaction

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure at ten til three, the sun was not out, and it was still raining in East Brainerd. Believe me Grace's coach did not want to move the game or postpone, hence the late notice. This is a huge gate night for them. The game could have been played at Grace, but then all we would have heard was how horrible the field drained for weeks afterward (Temple last year) . Boyd's not getting a bad deal, two games on your own field, split gate both years, and concessions.

BULL!!!!!!!!!!!! Your coach shouldn't have scheduled the game!!! He obviously didn't want to play it. We had fans show up at Grace and then come to Boyd. Your field was in better shape than ours. Yes we loved having to pull a two minute drill and get concession workers at 3:30. By the way, where were your workers, to help collect gate and work the concession stand. The DEAL is your getting half the gate and concession both years and not doing a thing for it....other than showing up and getting beat. We had to make that deal or your COACH would not have played!!!!

You and Silverdale need to get together and decide if you want to play with the big boys or not...if NOT, quit canceling games at the last minute. SD cancelled at 11:00 PM the night before a scrimmage. Grace just simply did not want to come. With all that said your players are first class. Coach leaves a LOT to be desired!

Boyd Buchanan 37

Grace 7

Mercy rule was put into play in the 4th Quarter. Grace put one in late in the 4th.

I was not at the game, nor was I listening to it. People were txting me updates. So hopefully BUC4LIFE can fill us in.

Boyd Buc defense seems to have done a great job again. I knew it would be low scoring, or no score for Grace.

Reaction, we gotta get you a different job. Your missing to many games. The game was pretty uneventful, all the drama was just getting Graces Coach to honor his commitements to play. With tha said, Grace has a couple of decent athelets. They will probably win some games in 1A, but no where near a South Pitt calibur team. Their kids were first class. Bucs D did what it does. We played a lot of JV...later in the game. We did sub in and out with Varsity still in during 4th Q. (I want to be careful in case timman is waiting to jump me again) We started a SOPH at RG and a Freshman at TE. We subbed a freshman in at QB, Ben Beasley, who had 80 yrds rushing. Some young guys got a lot of playing time, all did great. We had 10 tackles for losses. We played pretty sloppy, 2 INTs, 2 Fumbles we lost. 4 TURNOVERS for US. Can't do that against other teams we play and be OK.

As a reminder: Boyd and Grace are only a few kids apart in enrollment. It still makes my skin crawl every time I hear "2A", but the 1.8 is here to stay and I think that several small schools have done a great job of stepping up their programs to compete.

I was surprised at the size match-up tonight. Grace seemed a little bigger at most positions. I echo what BUC4 said: the Grace kids displayed incredible class most of the evening.

Big thanks to all Buc fans who helped pull off this last minute deal.

Reaction, we gotta get you a different job. Your missing to many games. The game was pretty uneventful, all the drama was just getting Graces Coach to honor his commitements to play. With tha said, Grace has a couple of decent athelets. They will probably win some games in 1A, but no where near a South Pitt calibur team. Their kids were first class. Bucs D did what it does. We played a lot of JV...later in the game. We did sub in and out with Varsity still in during 4th Q. (I want to be careful in case timman is waiting to jump me again) We started a SOPH at RG and a Freshman at TE. We subbed a freshman in at QB, Ben Beasley, who had 80 yrds rushing. Some young guys got a lot of playing time, all did great. We had 10 tackles for losses. We played pretty sloppy, 2 INTs, 2 Fumbles we lost. 4 TURNOVERS for US. Can't do that against other teams we play and be OK.

OK, since you are waiting for me to correct, I guess I will.

I'm pretty sure we started #14 (soph) and #88 (jr) at the tight end positions -- the freshman did play some. Ben Beasley is a soph, but we did finally get the freshman (#8) in the game on the last possession.

We got more subs in this game than against Marion, but our head coach showed an extreme lack of class by putting our starting cornerback #7 back into the game with 3 minutes to go to try to insure the shutout after the substitute CB had just gotten beat the prior play. The Grace QB instead threw a TD to the inside receiver. I was glad to see them score. Grace has some tough kids and have nothing to be down about. #1 and #2 are great players. Our starting inside linebackers (#30 and #88) never came out of the game.

And what is with the pooch kicks? Our kicker kicked the 1st two kickoffs in the end zone - then we decide to pooch kick the rest of the night. I simply don't get it -- we've got a great kicker and we make him pop the ball up -- it costs us the game against Meigs by giving them the ball on the 50 instead of the 20 late in the game.

OK, since you are waiting for me to correct, I guess I will.

I'm pretty sure we started #14 (soph) and #88 (jr) at the tight end positions -- the freshman did play some. Ben Beasley is a soph, but we did finally get the freshman (#8) in the game on the last possession.

We got more subs in this game than against Marion, but our head coach showed an extreme lack of class by putting our starting cornerback #7 back into the game with 3 minutes to go to try to insure the shutout after the substitute CB had just gotten beat the prior play. The Grace QB instead threw a TD to the inside receiver. I was glad to see them score. Grace has some tough kids and have nothing to be down about. #1 and #2 are great players. Our starting inside linebackers (#30 and #88) never came out of the game.

And what is with the pooch kicks? Our kicker kicked the 1st two kickoffs in the end zone - then we decide to pooch kick the rest of the night. I simply don't get it -- we've got a great kicker and we make him pop the ball up -- it costs us the game against Meigs by giving them the ball on the 50 instead of the 20 late in the game.

Timman. Our head coach has more class than anyone YOU know. The players like shutouts, not often you get one, but when you have the chance, you go for it. "lack of class"??? Sounds like you need another school to pull for!!!

The pooch kick is a good question though. Meigs almost broke a return when we kicked off earlier in the game. The kicker made the tackle at mid field. It was the reverse play they ran. We can all question the special teams coach, but it's just Monday morning quarterbacking. The pooch kick last night to Grace was almost recovered by the BUCS. Would you have complained about that? We do have a great kicker, however there were a lot of things that cost us the game with Meigs.