Henry Co. vs Martin Westview?

BigRedForLife

I suppose the "Henry County" you both refer to is in England, because "learnt" is old English and primarily used across the Atlantic. We true-blooded Americans usually stick with "learned". Next thing we know everyone will be spelling honor as honour and other wacky British stuff.

I reckon yous be right. Those wacky Brits! They even think Football is played with a round ball. All this wackiness must be associated with their overconsumption of pints.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not implying anything. I am simply stating the obvious. Your friend, the defender, talks about how great your staff is and how wonderful the program is at Munford. It stands to reason then, that your policys are correct, and most of the remainder of the coaches in the district, state, and nation, most of whom swap film with each other, are all stupid for being cooperative.

For the life of me I can't remember using any words like you have stated. Please cite the site and page number where I can refer to my reference to the MH staff as "great." Further please give the same information as to where I have referred to the MH program as "wonderful." I've only said that the staff there is, IMO, is going to, over time, be able to improve the program. Why don't you get a grip?

the better team has yet to be determined, now they certainly did not play better the other night,

similar to that game at Munford last year, HC did not play better but they were obviously the better team, as Munford manged to watch two rounds as HC was still playing. A teams success is measured in the post season, Just ask Marty Schottenheimer. Congrats to Westview, they outplayed HC on Friday and I wish them all the luck this season.

Last season HC lost to Ridgeway, Dickson, Southside, and Munford in the regular season, If I am not mistaken, none of these teams even made it to the quarterfinals before getting beat, well does that make them a better team than those they beat that went deeper in the playoffs.

One more example, the Titans beat the Colts late last season, I do not think that anyone would say that the Titans had a better team than the super bowl champions.

I ltold a fib, one one more, Boise State beat Oklahoma in a bowl game last year, Boise State did not have the better team, but they played better that night.

Westview was better than HC as the warrior stated, the only night that mattered, however if they lose in the first round of the playoffs and HC is still alive late in the playoffs, it will be hard pressed to convince a nonbiased sports fan that Westview is the better team.

I'm not a fan of either team and I'll hopefully live tommorrow (good Lord willing) whether either wins or loses, however I'm gonna put my 2 cents in on this since I've seen both teams play the last few years and I know what the coach's have done over the years. If HC lost to Ridgeway, Southside, Munford, and Dickson last year, plus Westview this year with better talent, what does that say about team motivation? Do they have to wait til playoff time to become motivated to beat teams they are superior than? You don't have a run of 10 years winning at least 10 games a year like Randall did at East without being able to beat the teams you're supposed to and also beating some you shouldn't. That difference to me is coaching. The thorn in his side for those years was Melrose and he happened to get some wins against them too. We all know what kind of talent they have had. I couldn't stand Steve Spurrier for years being a Vol fan, but I couldn't help but respect the fact that he wins, period. There's people that don't like Randall. Whether it be not swapping film, not returning calls, extreme confidence, or whatever, the bottom line is he wins. That's why Munford went out and got him when he was available. If he doesn't return a call or not want to swap then that is his perrogative. Just deal with it. That being said, I respect what Gaddis did over at Oak Ridge. They had some great teams. He took Henry County on a good run last year and I expect them to do the same this year. Ya'll are comparing apples to oranges. One's the good guy, one's the bad guy, if you are happy with you're coach and you're program then that's all that matters. It's a waste of time bickering about it. No one will ever convince the other side.