Henry Co. vs Martin Westview?

BigRedForLife

Go back and read the initial posts on this thread. That is what I am talking about. Those posts reflect the attitude that prevailed in Henry County. That helped to get the team beaten. If you don't believe that, then I can't help you. I am not a "wanna be"; I coached for quite a while. Many people out there are"wanna be" coaches, but I have already been there.

Remember Red Warrior, most of the early posts on this thread were not from Henry County faithful but from "outsiders." I know folks like myself, RedPride, and wingman were a bit nervous about this game. I was confident that we could win, but we didn't and so be it. One thing I thought contributed was the general feel around town. Most people I ran into just felt like we were gonna put it to them. But its over now and we have to move on and win the Region.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be willing to be that less than a third of football players get on these silly forums and read what a bunch of wanna bes are saying. Red warrior you seem to be someone that thinks everyone cares what you think and let me tell you, they do not, especially the students at the local high schools that play sports, yes they enjoy reading positive things about themselves so if you compliment them, they will care what you have to say, but your perspective of the game or mine, they do not care, if they did there would be more players and students posting and from what I have seen over the past few years on here, most of us are parents, fans, or former coaches who have enough time to post on coacht. You have said that HC should have won the game Friday night and I agree, and I think that is what you are criticizing everyone about, they were simply saying that HC should win the game prior to Friday, I guess it is different coming from a former coach. Either they should win or they should not win, they still have to show up and play.

I am smart enough to know that the only response that I will get out of this is from your rebutle and from the Yanker just needing to read his own words. No one else really cares about my ramblings or yours.

Wrong again, my "angry westernly footballingly Tennessean" of a friend. The YANKER is too concerned with Liberty to get drawn into your anger. I AM THE LIBERTY FOCUSED YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Red Warrior, most of the early posts on this thread were not from Henry County faithful but from "outsiders." I know folks like myself, RedPride, and wingman were a bit nervous about this game. I was confident that we could win, but we didn't and so be it. One thing I thought contributed was the general feel around town. Most people I ran into just felt like we were gonna put it to them. But its over now and we have to move on and win the Region.

Went back over the posts and took a straw poll. If I read between the lines correctly. There were 11 posters that looked at this game as a very tough game but felt HC should win. Why wouldn't they? Good team playing a good team, we are Patriot fans, we will pull for Pats, duh!

There were 11 posters who it seems like felt HC would soundly beat Westview. 7 of those were not Patriot posters just folks outside giving their 2.

Drew, before the season began I looked at the schedule and read what I could about other teams and felt there was not a team that HC couldn't beat. Did I think unbeaten going into playoffs? NO. If HC has a first quarter like they did against Westview, they could be in trouble in most any game they have left, maybe not Treadwell, but everyone else.

Pats have a week off to make adjustments, work on what needs to be worked on, has Homecoming and Treadwell game, then the Road thru the Region starts over. Can't wait.

So big red is off this week and all the red coaching staff will spread through out the region to see everyone play. Joe when you get here eat at Olympic Steak and Pizza it's really good and give me a call. GO BIG RED!!! That's Munford red.

I believe they have their plane tickets ready. It is a long trip South!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Too close to lunch to mention Steak and Pizza!!!

NO No NO, I was right again as you did respond, just as I predicted, as you are the predictable Yanker.

The YANKER will always respond, unless the post is crude...but not for the purpose of reading my own post...I am not that bored! Besides, I am too worried about the Liberty game, to worry about much else!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!

So big red is off this week and all the red coaching staff will spread through out the region to see everyone play. Joe when you get here eat at Olympic Steak and Pizza it's really good and give me a call. GO BIG RED!!! That's Munford red.

Im a big fan of JT's Burgers and Wings or you can head down to Well's Kitchen in Brighton. haha

I would assume Gaddis would go to JCM since that is who we play next. Oh, wait! You are probably right since JCM will trade film, and Munford will not.

There were only a very few of us on here who did not ASSUME victory, without saying so specifically. Yes, I do think that kids read these forums. I think the assumption of victory among the posters on here, and in the Henry County community, had to have an effect on the players. If you don't think so, then you have never coached, or you are not very realistic. Frankly, I do not think that Henry County had the proper respect for Westview. If they had, they would have beaten them, because they had the better team. Lesson hopefully learned, whether you want to admit it, or not. If there was no lesson learned, then it will happen again, whether you like it or not.

What specifically is it that makes you think Henry County has the "better team"? They obviously were less disciplined than Westview. Is it because they have better athletes? More speed? Better coaching? Better techniqes? Better tacklers? Better kicking game? More size? ..........................................???????

What specifically is it that makes you think Henry County has the "better team"? They obviously were less disciplined than Westview. Is it because they have better athletes? More speed? Better coaching? Better techniqes? Better tacklers? Better kicking game? More size? ..........................................???????

They obviously didn't have the better team last Friday night.