Lincoln County @ Riverdale

StrengthandHonor

I do not see Riverdale ever blowing out the lights on the scoreboard again . They lost many of their staff to other schools. You do not see the players coming in from out of state to play there anymore either. The tradition is still there but the space reserved for other gold balls is going to get dusty.

The up and coming school football -wise could be Siegel . They have the talent and the money, just not the head coach.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see Riverdale ever blowing out the lights on the scoreboard again . They lost many of their staff to other schools. You do not see the players coming in from out of state to play there anymore either. The tradition is still there but the space reserved for other gold balls is going to get dusty.

The up and coming school football -wise could be Siegel . They have the talent and the money, just not the head coach.

OK, that little comment has brought me out of semi retirement!

Only way Siegel is EVER gonna be a power in football is to hire a new head Coach! Just a little word of advice, TRY to hire Coach Scharse from Eagleville or Coach Britton from Franklin County and then y'all might stand a chance to be a power in Region 4 football. Thing is I do NOT think y'all can get either one of them.

NOW I see why you are so vocal about 2p and myself, we print the truth about Siegel and that evidently bothers you alot. Truth hurts don't it?

OK, that little comment has brought me out of semi retirement!

Only way Siegel is EVER gonna be a power in football is to hire a new head Coach! Just a little word of advice, TRY to hire Coach Scharse from Eagleville or Coach Britton from Franklin County and then y'all might stand a chance to be a power in Region 4 football. Thing is I do NOT think y'all can get either one of them.

NOW I see why you are so vocal about 2p and myself, we print the truth about Siegel and that evidently bothers you alot. Truth hurts don't it?

Hhahaha.....yes it all makes sense now doesn't it?? J

OK, so we have two shutouts against teams we have usually dominated and shut out in the past. Unless we get it together NOW we WILL be on the outside looking in when playoff time comes.

It used to be when there were turnovers like Friday night EVERYBODY on the team ran the Snake. While it was not fun it DID cut down on turnovers.

My opinion is like anyone elses on here as it is just one voice saying things that some will agree with and some will not, but unfortunately now it seems to be more important to be Politically Correct than to be right.

So many times it is like more important to be gossips on here than to be right and not hurt folks 'feelings'. I have always called them like I saw them and that is NOT popular anymore so I will NOT be bothering folks on here anymore. Yes, I will be reading and will post occasionally, but NOT as much as in the past. For me the main thing I will be concentrating on is my children and the rest of my family and NOT football anymore. No, I will NOT be coming back in any other secret 'identity'. I started out as LOD and if I post it will be under that name as it is NO secret who I am. For those who have supported my son over the years, Thank You for that. He worked hard to accomplish what he did in football at R'dale.

Now back to what this board is suppose to be about.......Talking about Sports!

HAHA, coming from the same guy who cursed rankins every footstep...now you have a beef with how aydelott does things. you always said you would have rather your son gone to oakland anyways, i guess you wish you had chosen hot dogs over your son having a ring. and it was ALL rankins fault when your son didnt get a scholarship. dont get me wrong, i have all the respect in the world for ross and he was one of the hardest workers i have ever seen. family first, definately, but you have always made it about the CLONE and never about the team.

RIVERDALE is the ones that are 3-0, if you dont like that go support your alma mater Smyrna that is 2-1 or your favorite concession stand which is 1-2. NOBODY will be sad to lose you as a fan. to many times i have bit my tongue because we are supposed to be on the same side, but if something didnt go right for your son or it wasnt your way it was nothing but negativity for the program.

now dont get it wrong, i still am not the enemy because i did support ross and hope he is successful in life, just get tired of proud pappas antics. you contradict yourself to often, the optimism is not there...this is a team that is 42-3 since i have been in high school.

for riverdale outsiders, the TEAM does not have turmoil like this, i know they are closely knit and each plays a VERY important role and most all of them deliver each week (if not you can bet they are busting their butts). as some have said riverdale is no longer a school about the superstars, while i am extremely proud of each one we had, i am liking this team concept for a change. get with it or get lost.

at least we have a kicker this year...sure he missed one xtra point but heck he made one & had a few good punts & one heck of a kick that landed blackman down w/in the 5 yard line (might have been the one or two) & the game b4 that we called on the kicker alot & he came through which is something we cld not do last year. as for van HOOS its nice to have so many options in the back...he protects that ball & runs he is just awesome!! the d-fense still has a weakness w/ tackling & w/ safety so i'm sure that will be worked on & the 0-line well i'm sure Pope/Spurlock/& Travis are tired of everyone talking down on them so i'm sure they will pull it together (no doubt about it).. the 0-line is good and they will continue making the holes. Coach A knows exactly what he is doing & how to keep this team on track so i have nothing but confidence in him & his staff that wins will continue!!

okay, first tackle was missed sometimes (credit blackman wallace, bowers, smith, all VERY talented runners that proved if they couldnt run verticle on us they would atleast run horizontally), part of the game right? fortunate for us, alot of the times the runner gets stuffed in the backfield anyways as we have 11 guys who can get to the ball on any given play...if they slip past the first guy usually they wont on the next guy. there is not a tackling "problem" in my opinion because the tackles are getting made. if not our opponents PPG average wold be higher than 4.3 i believe.

btw, i think the safety Joseph Grimes is a darn good football player...when the opponents backs have actually gotten that deep to him i dont think i have seen him miss a tackle yet. this is the same guy who chased antioch's QB down after he scrambled 70+ yards down the field and broke a number of tackles, joseph caught him from the back and saved the TD down at like the 1 yard line...2 plays later verge had a 50 yard INT return, so it was a very significant play. i think joseph is doing a very good job hes big and athletic has made serious strides since his freshman year and established himself as a good ball player

otherwise i agree with every other point you made. the o-line is getting stronger weekly i believe and lilienthal has stepped up as a leader with the intensity he brings. vanhoose is doing a phenominal job i think our backs will give defensive coaches a fit trying to game plan against them as they all are talented and bring different running styles to the table. hoose is money running up the middle

HAHA, coming from the same guy who cursed rankins every footstep...now you have a beef with how aydelott does things. you always said you would have rather your son gone to oakland anyways, i guess you wish you had chosen hot dogs over your son having a ring. and it was ALL rankins fault when your son didnt get a scholarship. dont get me wrong, i have all the respect in the world for ross and he was one of the hardest workers i have ever seen. family first, definately, but you have always made it about the CLONE and never about the team.

RIVERDALE is the ones that are 3-0, if you dont like that go support your alma mater Smyrna that is 2-1 or your favorite concession stand which is 1-2. NOBODY will be sad to lose you as a fan. to many times i have bit my tongue because we are supposed to be on the same side, but if something didnt go right for your son or it wasnt your way it was nothing but negativity for the program.

now dont get it wrong, i still am not the enemy because i did support ross and hope he is successful in life, just get tired of proud pappas antics. you contradict yourself to often, the optimism is not there...this is a team that is 42-3 since i have been in high school.

for riverdale outsiders, the TEAM does not have turmoil like this, i know they are closely knit and each plays a VERY important role and most all of them deliver each week (if not you can bet they are busting their butts). as some have said riverdale is no longer a school about the superstars, while i am extremely proud of each one we had, i am liking this team concept for a change. get with it or get lost.

Facts are he did get offered, just wasn't a FULL ride and it is DAD's fault I could NOT afford the balance. You are also right that I personnally didn't like Coach Rankin. Fact is I DO like Coach A and his style. I just want the program to be MORE sucessful and not just some vanilla Metro Nashville type team. R'dale is too good for that. What I want to see is another 15-0 Riverdale team and that should be what everyone that supports them wants. As to being 'optimistic' I am but first and foremost I am a 'REALIST'. You are also right that R'dale is a proud school and the team is tight so I will not argue that. I am sorry if I make you mad, but that is OUR problem as evidently our personalities clash as well as mine and Rankins did. As to your 'get with it or get lost', don't worry about it as I will NOT be there on the sidelines to EVER bother you again.

You know that many people feel the same about Rankin that you do, but what we sure didn't complain about the excitement and enthuasium that he brought to the Riverdale community. That seems to be lacking with the current staff.

The players seem to like Coach A and they would follow their position coaches through fire, so I guess us spectators should just leave it to the boys and let them do their thing.

As for the offensive line not getting the job done, they seem to be taking the blame for the lack of points on the board. The offense they run will never be the 40 or 50 point spread games of the olden days. That is a coaching call not a lack of player effort or ability.

Facts are he did get offered, just wasn't a FULL ride and it is DAD's fault I could NOT afford the balance. You are also right that I personnally didn't like Coach Rankin. Fact is I DO like Coach A and his style. I just want the program to be MORE sucessful and not just some vanilla Metro Nashville type team. R'dale is too good for that. What I want to see is another 15-0 Riverdale team and that should be what everyone that supports them wants. As to being 'optimistic' I am but first and foremost I am a 'REALIST'. You are also right that R'dale is a proud school and the team is tight so I will not argue that. I am sorry if I make you mad, but that is OUR problem as evidently our personalities clash as well as mine and Rankins did. As to your 'get with it or get lost', don't worry about it as I will NOT be there on the sidelines to EVER bother you again.

If we have a good offensive showing we'll score a bunch of points and lot's of guys will get to play. Shutouts are nice but I'd rather get a lot of players some experience than get a shutout.

Of course we need to win the game first...let's just focus on playing well enough to win. LC always plays Riverdale tough and physical. They are 2-1 so they obviously have a pretty good team.

LOD does have a point....we are heading into the 4th game and the offense should be getting better. One thing you can be sure of is that the defenses start getting better this time of year. If you look at the last four games on our schedule that should give everyone a sense of urgency.

First, a bunch of points does not equal lot's of guys playing. The last time Rankin coached against Blackman and put 60 something on them, he still had every starter in the game half way through the 4th quarter. It was the biggest show of no class I had ever seen. He had a personal thing with the Blackman coach and it spilled over into his coaching.

Second, if you are a student of the game you know that defenses are usually ahead of offenses early in the season not the other way around. You would also know that defenses win championships. Again back to Rankins last year, what beat our high powered offense? Good defenseive coaching and playing. If you cannot score on a team, you cannot win. I would rather have a shutout and win than play 100 players. If you are the team that can only get 75 yards a game and you know you cannot move the ball, it will demoralize you. You said in a earlier post that Riverdale had a lot of problems. If you know what these problems are and how to fix them, maybe you should meet with coach A and help him out. Maybe you can compare the State Championship ring you won as a coach with his.

Third, you say that the offense should be getting better heading into the 4th game. If you have seen all three games you should have noticed that the offense is getting better. Is it where it needs to be? Not by any means. Has it improved since game one? Yes. The point output was not there but the improvement was. The line showed more intensity and blocked better. But the intensity was not sustained. The two turnovers were momentum killers.

Fourth, this team should have a sense of urgency before they get to the last four games, and I believe they do. This team knows what it wants and what it needs to do to accomplish it. They should stay hungry and improve each week.

Riverdale has won all three of their games by an average of two touchdowns when one point is all you need. Where would rather be at this time? 3 - 0 with an average point spread of two TD's, or 2 - 1 with anaverage point spread of two TD's? I will take the 3 - 0.

Riverdale is tough but not unbeatable anymore.

Lincoln County is not tough and very beatable.

LC has about three good players. Not enough to compete with Riverdale.

As far as the shut out, I think it is a real possibility. Riverdale just needs to use the same defensive gameplan they have used the last 10 years, because LC's offense looks exactly the same (except with less talented players).

The O will get it together? WHEN?!?! In case you haven't noticed the regular season is a third over already with some VERY big games coming up. The running game looked like it was square dancing in the backfield instead of driving north and south. Yes, we had a couple of good runs, BUT we are spoiled in that we are used to seeing MORE yards per carry and more often.

From what I saw last night we have gone from being a team that was truly FEARED to one that is just another vanilla Metro Nashville team.

Maybe I am wrong and I truly hope that I am, but just being satisfied with a win is NOT going to cut it for long.

Square dancing to 5.7 yards per run (294 yards on 52 carries). I bet any other team in the region would love to average 5.7 yds per run and be 3 - 0 with two shut outs. The turnovers were the stopper, not the running. If you can average almost 6 yards a run, the only thing that can stop you is yourself, which is what happend. No other team in our region has the defense Riverdale has and when the offense stops putting the ball on the ground no one will stop them. This offense, unlike last years, is not a one man show. Therefore, it is taking it a little longer to find its identity. If it does not put more points on the board this week or next, then it will be time to worry, not now.

I guess if being another vanilla Metro Nashville team keeps you number one in the AP pole, it's good to be vanilla.

didnt say that wasnt the fact, but you have it in your mind it was rankins fault. look at david spurlock, most would say he's the 2nd or 3rd best lineman we have (not takin anything away from him, one of the tops in state as well as other guys on our line), see what size gets you. if clone was your size he could probably be playing for LSU. but like i said it was never about the team in your mind it was only about him. of course gaston couldnt have achieved mr. football without his linemen but if you had it your way it would be marked with an asterick that says ross skidmore. ross wasnt like that though he was a TEAM player. like rankin said told alot of guys "the ship is gonna sail" regardless.

i think riverdale will achieve 15-0 THIS way honestly, of course that is the goal...there aint a wrong way as long as you are winning (or you are the chicago bears and continue to have faith in rex grossman).

you have personality clashes often cause you HAVE to have it YOUR way. rankin didnt do it your way so you had a problem with him, but now you are in denial and want to see that again. same guy who used to tease the "RUN EM UP RANKIN" and all that. you honestly cant be pleased

"Unless we get it together NOW we WILL be on the outside looking in when playoff time comes."

okay, why dont you say the same about your beloved oakland and smyrna? dont they need to get it together also, they are the ones with the L's right now. you talk down on riverdale ALMOST as much as you do siegel.

but yeah honestly you might have supported riverdale before but i dont ever think you have been a FAN, so since smyrna and oakland can do no wrong, go eat some hot dogs over there. better yet since the only person in the riverdale program besides your son you have ever given any credit to is coach britton, go watch some FC games. i am sure they will appreciate that since you claim to be the 'REALIST.'

wow i wish i was half as REAL as you

First, a bunch of points does not equal lot's of guys playing. The last time Rankin coached against Blackman and put 60 something on them, he still had every starter in the game half way through the 4th quarter. It was the biggest show of no class I had ever seen. He had a personal thing with the Blackman coach and it spilled over into his coaching.

Second, if you are a student of the game you know that defenses are usually ahead of offenses early in the season not the other way around. You would also know that defenses win championships. Again back to Rankins last year, what beat our high powered offense? Good defenseive coaching and playing. If you cannot score on a team, you cannot win. I would rather have a shutout and win than play 100 players. If you are the team that can only get 75 yards a game and you know you cannot move the ball, it will demoralize you. You said in a earlier post that Riverdale had a lot of problems. If you know what these problems are and how to fix them, maybe you should meet with coach A and help him out. Maybe you can compare the State Championship ring you won as a coach with his.

Third, you say that the offense should be getting better heading into the 4th game. If you have seen all three games you should have noticed that the offense is getting better. Is it where it needs to be? Not by any means. Has it improved since game one? Yes. The point output was not there but the improvement was. The line showed more intensity and blocked better. But the intensity was not sustained. The two turnovers were momentum killers.

Fourth, this team should have a sense of urgency before they get to the last four games, and I believe they do. This team knows what it wants and what it needs to do to accomplish it. They should stay hungry and improve each week.

Riverdale has won all three of their games by an average of two touchdowns when one point is all you need. Where would rather be at this time? 3 - 0 with an average point spread of two TD's, or 2 - 1 with anaverage point spread of two TD's? I will take the 3 - 0.

This was an excellent post. You really hit it right on the head. Every HC is different. Coach A knew coming in that Rankin would be a tough act to follow, so you have to admire him for leaving a successful program and taking on the challenge. Expectations are high at Riverdale and comparisons will always be made. A is winning and getting it done HIS way. He has the respect of the players and he has the respect of other schools. In time, he will win over the fans too. I think it is more important for the players to respect him than anyone else though.