Lincoln County @ Riverdale

StrengthandHonor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we will hopefully we will start finishing drives so more points will go on the board but as lnog as we keep winning i could care less

I agree. 13 - 0 sounds like a close game, though it was not. Blackman only had 75 yards total. Also, congrats on your good game last night. The O will get it all together soon enough and y'all will roll!

I agree. 13 - 0 sounds like a close game, though it was not. Blackman only had 75 yards total. Also, congrats on your good game last night. The O will get it all together soon enough and y'all will roll!

The O will get it together? WHEN?!?! In case you haven't noticed the regular season is a third over already with some VERY big games coming up. The running game looked like it was square dancing in the backfield instead of driving north and south. Yes, we had a couple of good runs, BUT we are spoiled in that we are used to seeing MORE yards per carry and more often.

From what I saw last night we have gone from being a team that was truly FEARED to one that is just another vanilla Metro Nashville team.

Maybe I am wrong and I truly hope that I am, but just being satisfied with a win is NOT going to cut it for long.

The O will get it together? WHEN?!?! In case you haven't noticed the regular season is a third over already with some VERY big games coming up. The running game looked like it was square dancing in the backfield instead of driving north and south. Yes, we had a couple of good runs, BUT we are spoiled in that we are used to seeing MORE yards per carry and more often.

From what I saw last night we have gone from being a team that was truly FEARED to one that is just another vanilla Metro Nashville team.

Maybe I am wrong and I truly hope that I am, but just being satisfied with a win is NOT going to cut it for long.

Square dancing ? more yards per carry ? turnovers are the only thing that killed us not not being able to run north and south

If we have a good offensive showing we'll score a bunch of points and lot's of guys will get to play. Shutouts are nice but I'd rather get a lot of players some experience than get a shutout.

Of course we need to win the game first...let's just focus on playing well enough to win. LC always plays Riverdale tough and physical. They are 2-1 so they obviously have a pretty good team.

LOD does have a point....we are heading into the 4th game and the offense should be getting better. One thing you can be sure of is that the defenses start getting better this time of year. If you look at the last four games on our schedule that should give everyone a sense of urgency.

I am a tad bit worried myself. The wins are obviously the first thing, and we've managed to do that 100% of the time, but I'd like to see domination again. Our biggest games are toward the bottom of our schedule . . . from Dickson County (who is much better this year) through LaVergne, our toughest games are in the last 5 weeks not the first 5. Our o-line has to vastly improve so that our scoring is more than 13 points. And we're gonna need all extra points and field goals! No doubt.

We're headed into the final weeks playing offenses that can really produce. Riverdale is going to have to do the same. I realize the old saying that "defenses win ballgames," but the offense has to be able to produce, as well. Go Coach A . . . Go!

And Go Warriors. To heck with shuts outs, just keep the wins rolling. In the end, that's all that anyone remembers anyway. . . who beat who!

To Josh, you played a terrific game. I've already told you that. I am proud that your hard work and you watching others from the side has finally paid off. I am proud of you, kid!

at least we have a kicker this year...sure he missed one xtra point but heck he made one & had a few good punts & one heck of a kick that landed blackman down w/in the 5 yard line (might have been the one or two) & the game b4 that we called on the kicker alot & he came through which is something we cld not do last year. as for van HOOS its nice to have so many options in the back...he protects that ball & runs he is just awesome!! the d-fense still has a weakness w/ tackling & w/ safety so i'm sure that will be worked on & the 0-line well i'm sure Pope/Spurlock/& Travis are tired of everyone talking down on them so i'm sure they will pull it together (no doubt about it).. the 0-line is good and they will continue making the holes. Coach A knows exactly what he is doing & how to keep this team on track so i have nothing but confidence in him & his staff that wins will continue!!

Hopefully we cqn cut down the turnovers. The score friday could have been better for us if we didnt turn it over on blackmans terriotry. Hopefully, we can pick it up on offense this week, because im getting tired of people saying were a horrible and ordinary team because we havent blown anyone out. 2 shutouts in three games?? How many other teams can say that. Lincoln county will not be an easy task, i just hope a fire is lit to strat making everyone happy and blow people out.

Hopefully we cqn cut down the turnovers. The score friday could have been better for us if we didnt turn it over on blackmans terriotry. Hopefully, we can pick it up on offense this week, because im getting tired of people saying were a horrible and ordinary team because we havent blown anyone out. 2 shutouts in three games?? How many other teams can say that. Lincoln county will not be an easy task, i just hope a fire is lit to strat making everyone happy and blow people out.

Chop, just play your game and the W's will keep coming. Don't worry about what everyone is saying. Yall are 3-0 so you must be doing something right. We would love to have 2 shut-outs and be 3-0. The ones talking aren't the ones suiting up and most of those posting negatively have their own agendas as to why. Ignore them b/c you have nothing to prove to any of them. Keep listening to your coaches and doing what they tell you to do. It is time for folk to realize that the rest of the region is building themselves back up and the days of beating someone in the region 66-0 are over. Having better competition throughout the region can only make us all stronger.

OK, so we have two shutouts against teams we have usually dominated and shut out in the past. Unless we get it together NOW we WILL be on the outside looking in when playoff time comes.

It used to be when there were turnovers like Friday night EVERYBODY on the team ran the Snake. While it was not fun it DID cut down on turnovers.

My opinion is like anyone elses on here as it is just one voice saying things that some will agree with and some will not, but unfortunately now it seems to be more important to be Politically Correct than to be right.

So many times it is like more important to be gossips on here than to be right and not hurt folks 'feelings'. I have always called them like I saw them and that is NOT popular anymore so I will NOT be bothering folks on here anymore. Yes, I will be reading and will post occasionally, but NOT as much as in the past. For me the main thing I will be concentrating on is my children and the rest of my family and NOT football anymore. No, I will NOT be coming back in any other secret 'identity'. I started out as LOD and if I post it will be under that name as it is NO secret who I am. For those who have supported my son over the years, Thank You for that. He worked hard to accomplish what he did in football at R'dale.

Now back to what this board is suppose to be about.......Talking about Sports!