WEEK 3 (2-0) DYER COUNTY CHOCTAWS VS. (2-0) MCNAIRY CENTRAL BOBCATS

moonpie33

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no disrespect for DC this year, I really wanted to see them do well, and given that they are 2-1 their season is far from over, but and ITS a big BUT,,, Region 7-3A is just a lot better then they can match up against. I was'nt trying to be negative when I compared your wins to wins from other schools that played this school and that, just to make your games seem a little less worth it. Even though it seemed like it....Dyer County has absolute no speed, They aren't just real big, and their starting QB is terrible. I think by the time the season is over he will have double the ammount of INT's then TD, Your own fans are telling you what kind of awakening you are in for when you meet up with 7-3A...Its not goin to be pretty,, Sorry that I am a realist but if you don't want to beleive me still just wait Covington will be coimng off a lose and not be to happy, they ought to be pretty fired up next week..

They are kids...And you want to see kids do well....But Dyer County IF THEIR ENROLLMENT KEEPS CLIMBING....Will eventually be bumped to 4A....Dyersburg''s enrollment is dropping....Alot of kids going to Dyer County to play basketball ( Northview has already got quite a few that would have been playing for Dyersburg)....Plus Westside Church of Christ has a bus that is taking kids to JCS..........But Dyer County just HAS NO SPEED....I tell you one thing... They have an 8th grader at Northview...The Dye kid who plays qb....had a TSSAA offical say he believed the kid could start for a couple of A teams...That kid with THE RIGHT COACHING....will be something when he gets in HS.....

They are kids...And you want to see kids do well....But Dyer County IF THEIR ENROLLMENT KEEPS CLIMBING....Will eventually be bumped to 4A....Dyersburg''s enrollment is dropping....Alot of kids going to Dyer County to play basketball ( Northview has already got quite a few that would have been playing for Dyersburg)....Plus Westside Church of Christ has a bus that is taking kids to JCS..........But Dyer County just HAS NO SPEED....I tell you one thing... They have an 8th grader at Northview...The Dye kid who plays qb....had a TSSAA offical say he believed the kid could start for a couple of A teams...That kid with THE RIGHT COACHING....will be something when he gets in HS.....

news flash...dyersburg enrollment is not dropping.....in fact, this year their numbers are near 1,000.....

for those who don't keep up, dburgs numbers did drop 3 years ago to near 930.....since then, their numbers have increased every year......

dchs number are more than dburgs and are fast approaching 4A levels........

well, thanks for the "update".... I know Dyer County is close to 1200 I do believe....Hate to see kids who can "throw a rock and hit DHS" driving by and going to DCHS......Honestly....I know all the basketball kids are going to DyerCounty....Or LOTs of the freshmen have.... And a few REALLY good players are at Northview... But we will see what kind of " people skills" McCord has...Because SOMEBODY is gonna have to ride the pine at Dyer County when it comes to basketball...And SOMEBODY is going to get mad"....But that is McCords problem... Don't know WHY anybody would want to drive by Dyersburg High School to play football for Dyer County though...Renshaw is a FINE MAN from what I can gather...But if ANY KID in the Dyerburg/Dyer County school system wants to play football as well as get a GREAT EDUCATION...... And I TELL any kid who I come in contact with who is playing Middle School football at DMS or Three Oaks( Hey I know kids want to FOLLOW their friends and some parents are alumni or just like the new school at Newbern)......If Football is your game...You would be better off playing for the "Black And Gold".....Darren Bowling is a great coach...And from what a source close to him TOLD ME BEFORE HE EVER SET FOOT ON THE DHS CAMPUS.....A BETTER MAN!.....Good Christian Man... Good to add Wes Kennedy to the staff as well as the other coaches we have added since the departure of James Counce....I think he has put (so far) the boy are we going to miss Grady Andrews talk to rest... Kids.. If you want to play football and WIN... Don't drive past Dyersburg High... Stop and Play for Darren Bowling...You won't regret it... .James Counce started a great tradition... IMO Darren Bowling will keep it going and add his own chapter to it...

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> TELL YOU WHAT...WE MAY HAVE LOST TO McNAIRY CENTRAL LAST NIGHT BUT I'M PROUD OF THE CHOCTAWS. WE GAVE IT EVERYTHING WE HAD. WE'RE 2-1 NOW BUT WE'RE NOT LAST NIGHTS GAME GET TO US. WE'RE GONNA BUST OUR BUTS NEXT WEEK AND TAKE OUR AGGRESSION OUT ON COVINGTON.WE GOT OUR HEADS UP.I WILL SAY THIS. McNAIRY CENTRAL DO HAVE SOME REAL GOOD BACKS like # 22,24, and 44.BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK ON THE FIELD WITH MY BROTHERS UNDER THEM FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!!! COVINGTON BETTER GET READY CAUSE WE COMING FOR THEM!!!!!!!

GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont know squat!!!!!! and as far as the dye kid he would be stupid to play at dc when dyersburg is loaded year in and out. and that kid didnt help northview beat dyersburg this year, aw thats right because northveiw cant beat dyersburg nor can three oaks. if dyersburg keeps winning you will see more kids driving here to play just like the parker kid this year, kids from halls and lake will as well. i believe there are a few kids from caruthersville at dhs now. if the dye kid is going to have the right coaching he better come to dyersburg. lake county has the best talent comming up in the middle school.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> TELL YOU WHAT...WE MAY HAVE LOST TO McNAIRY CENTRAL LAST NIGHT BUT I'M PROUD OF THE CHOCTAWS. WE GAVE IT EVERYTHING WE HAD. WE'RE 2-1 NOW BUT WE'RE NOT LAST NIGHTS GAME GET TO US. WE'RE GONNA BUST OUR BUTS NEXT WEEK AND TAKE OUR AGGRESSION OUT ON COVINGTON.WE GOT OUR HEADS UP.I WILL SAY THIS. McNAIRY CENTRAL DO HAVE SOME REAL GOOD BACKS like # 22,24, and 44.BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK ON THE FIELD WITH MY BROTHERS UNDER THEM FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!!! COVINGTON BETTER GET READY CAUSE WE COMING FOR THEM!!!!!!!

GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU LIKE WHAT DYERSBURG SAYS I TAKE IT!!!!!!! YOU CANT STAND UP TO GATA!!!!!!! THATS A TROJAN THING AND YOU DONT KNOW US LIKE THAT BUT YOU WILL ON HOMECOMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, thanks for the "update".... I know Dyer County is close to 1200 I do believe....Hate to see kids who can "throw a rock and hit DHS" driving by and going to DCHS......Honestly....I know all the basketball kids are going to DyerCounty....Or LOTs of the freshmen have.... And a few REALLY good players are at Northview... But we will see what kind of " people skills" McCord has...Because SOMEBODY is gonna have to ride the pine at Dyer County when it comes to basketball...And SOMEBODY is going to get mad"....But that is McCords problem... Don't know WHY anybody would want to drive by Dyersburg High School to play football for Dyer County though...Renshaw is a FINE MAN from what I can gather...But if ANY KID in the Dyerburg/Dyer County school system wants to play football as well as get a GREAT EDUCATION...... And I TELL any kid who I come in contact with who is playing Middle School football at DMS or Three Oaks( Hey I know kids want to FOLLOW their friends and some parents are alumni or just like the new school at Newbern)......If Football is your game...You would be better off playing for the "Black And Gold".....Darren Bowling is a great coach...And from what a source close to him TOLD ME BEFORE HE EVER SET FOOT ON THE DHS CAMPUS.....A BETTER MAN!.....Good Christian Man... Good to add Wes Kennedy to the staff as well as the other coaches we have added since the departure of James Counce....I think he has put (so far) the boy are we going to miss Grady Andrews talk to rest... Kids.. If you want to play football and WIN... Don't drive past Dyersburg High... Stop and Play for Darren Bowling...You won't regret it... .James Counce started a great tradition... IMO Darren Bowling will keep it going and add his own chapter to it...

Trojanfan56 read what I wrote...That is if you can read... Were you one of Mrs Lancaster's students?.... Or are you a "little slicker than that".... Sometimes your posts look like a college graduate wrote them...Lots of times it looks like a college graduate's three year old brother wrote them... "Somebody is playing games"....

Yep ! DC did get spanked @ Mcnairy. Possibly a little overconfident But face the facts. The Powers that be @ DC do not always make sound football decisions case in point play selection leaves a big question in my mind. Given the talent @ DC one has to wonder what would happen with a different logic for instance on short yardage situatons this is after the fact & a week later, but in the win against Covington a lot of intangibles were very obvious. Dyer County WILL NOT QUIT ! They will play with PRIDE & play that way for 48 minutes or MORE if necessarry (case in point 3 overtimes). I have all the respect in the world for the Trojans. I have known membersof the coaching staff for 40+ years & played on a State Championship Team with one.I know several of the players as well from younger leagues & baseball & they are good kids! Is the program consistently a contender YES. I will not elaborate, but there are issues that have a profound ecffect on that consistency & it AIN'T ALL THE KIDS ! Rest assured as good as the Trojans are, there are a few kids on the DC team that Dyersburg or anyone else in the Region would LOVE to have on their roster ! So if you want to BASH the Choctaws feel free, But ask Huntinton or Covington & I'm sure you'l get a very different opinion of how the CHOCTAWS PLAY the GAME !