Morristown East @ Jefferson County

canefan72

Jeremy Jones: Concussion

Tyler Turner: Possible torn ACL

We have lost MLB Montes,C Terry Harris,RB Dockery,QB Turner more than likely for the year. The comment about the black cloud would seem to be right BUT I look at it like this. There are alot of young guys getting crucial playing time for next season and are playing really well. This team has become a young team quickly and they are 2-1 and could have been 3-0. They are gonna learn and figure out how to win at this level. They will work harder this week than ever and be ready for cherokee on friday.

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Sounds like what we went thru last year. Any of those guys Seniors besides Montes?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m trying to wrap my brain around beating East and West, but losing to Campbell Co, solid win though. DB up next, maybe we can finally break their winning streak, everyone else seems to be able to.

For that to happen they better play like they played Mo West! Only had one fumble last night which was great condsidering the weather.

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Sounds like what we went thru last year. Any of those guys Seniors besides Montes?

Montes-Senior

Harris-Senior

Turner-Junior

Jones-Junior

Dockery-Senior

Even tho we lost Turner in the 3rd you have to admit that James Barnette stepped up and made some plays....granted a few mistakes here and there but we couldnt have asked more from him last night.

Jeremy Jones: Concussion

Tyler Turner: Possible torn ACL

We have lost MLB Montes,C Terry Harris,RB Dockery,QB Turner more than likely for the year. The comment about the black cloud would seem to be right BUT I look at it like this. There are alot of young guys getting crucial playing time for next season and are playing really well. This team has become a young team quickly and they are 2-1 and could have been 3-0. They are gonna learn and figure out how to win at this level. They will work harder this week than ever and be ready for cherokee on friday.

what happened to montes, harris, and dockery?

what happened to montes, harris, and dockery?

Montes= Shoulder Injury

Harris= broken bone (tibia I think)

Dockery= dismissed from team for violating team rules

On another note......Congrats to Ol' Gut for the W. It didn't sound pretty for either team, but as was stated in an earlier post....penalties will kill you and there were some that were costly. Some I understand that were called had everyone wondering what the officials were thinking. I wasn't there obviously, just going on what I heard on the broadcast.

I could still feel these kids are playing with alot of character and heart. They shouldn't count this year out but these younger guys that are getting some playing time due to injuries need to take advatage of the opprotunity and gain the experience for next season.

Keep your heads up 'Canes! There is more football to be played and anything can and usually does happen!

BTW, It was great to hear my buddy Coach Seals yelling in the booth. I felt so at home if only for a moment.

Thanks Billy!