Morristown East @ Jefferson County

canefan72

He was dismissed from the team for violating team rules. I respect hatcher for it. It was a bold move that many coaches may not have made but it needed to be done. He was suspended for the 1st half of the opener at karns for leaving a lifting session early and missing practice the next day(earlier in the summer). At that time, he was given a chance to come back but with no more second chances. He missed the mon. practice after karns and when he did not show on tue., his gear was taken up.

Then please include me in the Coach Hatcher fan club.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that the approach"no player is bigger than the team" is the only way to go. Everyone must be ready to play. They have lost alot of talent due to injuries,graduation and rule violations and they are 2-0. Granted that we have not blown anyone out but they have found a way to win somehow. East would not have done that in the past during the prehatcher era. That is a direct reflection of the man and his staff.

I feel that the approach"no player is bigger than the team" is the only way to go. Everyone must be ready to play. They have lost alot of talent due to injuries,graduation and rule violations and they are 2-0. Granted that we have not blown anyone out but they have found a way to win somehow. East would not have done that in the past during the prehatcher era. That is a direct reflection of the man and his staff.

East had a good session Tuesday . They look like they are ready to play.

The coaches have made several ajustments in playing positions and I expect

East to be competitive . It may boil down to which team is in the best shape

to play four quarters with the fewest mistakes.

Jeff Co can win this game no doubt. They just have to want it bad enough. Hopefully they will get fired up and pis'd off after last weeks game with Campbell Co. If Brooks and McFall can both have good games with the line blocking like we know they can then this team can go into the playoffs. Defense did has done their job every game even though the score doesn't always reflect it.

Hold your head up boys. Last weeks game is over and done with. Lets make it a clean sweep of the Morristown teams.

East has a solid D and can stop the veer. They can not however stay on the field all night and have their backs up against their own goal. They must generate enough O to help out the D. The veer is a hard offense to stop but east has the ability to do it and has alot of speed on D. This should be a doozy. I will not make a prediction cause it is too close to call. I hope everyone on both sides stays healty.

I hope this is the week M-E gets it together and plays as a team . East has

the runners but the line has to make the holes. East looked good this

afternoon and is healthy for a change . This will be a good game for both teams

and will be hard fought game. I believe M-E will come out on top if they

don't make silly mistakes. Go Canes

Jeff Co can win this game no doubt. They just have to want it bad enough. Hopefully they will get fired up and pis'd off after last weeks game with Campbell Co. If Brooks and McFall can both have good games with the line blocking like we know they can then this team can go into the playoffs. Defense did has done their job every game even though the score doesn't always reflect it.

Hold your head up boys. Last weeks game is over and done with. Lets make it a clean sweep of the Morristown teams.

Seems as though Jeff was a little hung over after the West win. I expected them to win last week and was surprised that they did not pull it out. If Jeff is as fired up about playing East as they were playing West they will win. However, if they cannot beat East emotionally, they will loose. The worst thing for East is they are playing at Jeff, so East will have to get up (and stay up) to bring the win home. I would give the nod to East, but Jeff is going to be upset losing last week, and East has squeeked out wins against teams with much less talent than Jeff. Jeff wins by at least 14.

I really respect the staff at east.................everyone but the trainer. Kiddin' love ya timmy.

That is Utt...erly ridiculous to have no respect for your trainer.

Hats off to coach Hat-cher and his staff for their stand, and they will be better off in the long run without the "me first" athletes, regardless of how talented they are. You must also tip your hat to Gary Johnson as well. In Larry Smith's first year he tried to dicipline some of the "star" athletes, only to be overruled by the old administration.

That is Utt...erly ridiculous to have no respect for your trainer.

Hats off to coach Hat-cher and his staff for their stand, and they will be better off in the long run without the "me first" athletes, regardless of how talented they are. You must also tip your hat to Gary Johnson as well. In Larry Smith's first year he tried to dicipline some of the "star" athletes, only to be overruled by the old administration.

If you are a cane fan, you have to love the way the program is going and I don't mean wins and losses. They work hard in the offseason and push each other all year round. They are starting to be the example of a real TEAM in every aspect of the word. They don't point fingers, blame each other nor tolerate anyone who does. They are the finest bunch of young men I have ever seen and any parent would be proud to have a son be part of that. I heard a saying a long time ago and when I coached, I lived by it. "If you build the individual, winning does not have to be coached, it is a result of having great individuals". I really feel that is what is happening at East. As I said earlier, I have great respect for the staff except the trainer.

If you are a cane fan, you have to love the way the program is going and I don't mean wins and losses. They work hard in the offseason and push each other all year round. They are starting to be the example of a real TEAM in every aspect of the word. They don't point fingers, blame each other nor tolerate anyone who does. They are the finest bunch of young men I have ever seen and any parent would be proud to have a son be part of that. I heard a saying a long time ago and when I coached, I lived by it. "If you build the individual, winning does not have to be coached, it is a result of having great individuals". I really feel that is what is happening at East. As I said earlier, I have great respect for the staff except the trainer.

Could the football powers that be start turning towards the east side of Morristown. Could this mean the retirement of Coach Woods and that East instead of West football may have to make the trip to Maryville in the semis? Time will only tell.