Week 4 (9/13) SVC games

zonepirate

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they could have scored more but the point is, they could have given different guys some looks. The QB and all of the RB's played the entire game, in their starting positions. The seven plays that you talk about were all mis-direction stuff, with #8 running the ball. Yes the last TD was #22 only carry but he played all night. He scored on the same mis-direction play but instead of handing to #8 they gave it to the first option. My point is... if you are up by that much... why do you keep your starting backfield in the game? The answer is simple... you wanted to run up the score... It would have been better if they had run dives to help kill the clock. I just hope Coach Webb remembers this if he is given the opportunity to return the favor... but Coach Webb has more class than that.

Good win for Sequatchie. You have some very talented players and they played well. Too bad your coaching staff leaves so much to be desired.....

Not everyone is as generous as Bledsoe are they PurpleGrad?

Nope haven't heard anything on that game..... Sept. 27th is shaping up to be the game of the year as long as neither teams slips up and loses....

Whitwell 14 - Grundy 8 compliments of DelTavian.

Bledsoe still has RC but I don't see them giving you guys a whole lot of competition and Whitwell just barely beat Grundy. I think the 27th is the game unless it get poponed until postseason. Might be better to wait and meet in the championship game???? I don't care if we play twice but it's not my call. If we split in regular season it's not as good as having a clear champ. It may be better to play for all the marbles one time. What do ya'll think???

Whitwell 14 - Grundy 8 compliments of DelTavian.

Bledsoe still has RC but I don't see them giving you guys a whole lot of competition and Whitwell just barely beat Grundy. I think the 27th is the game unless it get poponed until postseason. Might be better to wait and meet in the championship game???? I don't care if we play twice but it's not my call. If we split in regular season it's not as good as having a clear champ. It may be better to play for all the marbles one time. What do ya'll think???

Either way is fine by me...

Not everyone is as generous as Bledsoe are they PurpleGrad?

It seems to me seven runs for 32 yards shouldn't cause much of an uproar. Those runs, plus for Jasper, an incompletion, a run for a loss and a punt took up the whole fourth, it wasn't as if the game dragged on or as if Sequatchie was hurrying to the line to run more plays. The last touchdown came with about 3 minutes left in the third quarter, after Seq returned an interception to the 20 and a personal foul moved it further. The guy scoring, it was his only carry no matter if he played a lot or not. Again, for someone not being there it might sound bad, but it wasn't. If they still think it was an attempt to rub their noses in it, then they can use that as motivation when they play again.

It seems to me seven runs for 32 yards shouldn't cause much of an uproar. Those runs, plus for Jasper, an incompletion, a run for a loss and a punt took up the whole fourth, it wasn't as if the game dragged on or as if Sequatchie was hurrying to the line to run more plays. The last touchdown came with about 3 minutes left in the third quarter, after Seq returned an interception to the 20 and a personal foul moved it further. The guy scoring, it was his only carry no matter if he played a lot or not. Again, for someone not being there it might sound bad, but it wasn't. If they still think it was an attempt to rub their noses in it, then they can use that as motivation when they play again.

I wasn't saying that ya'll ran up the score.... I wasn't there so I have no say so in this conversation.... I was just saying that Bledsoe scored 26 points in the 1st quarter against Jasper and the coach could've made it alot worse but played the second & third string the rest of the game...

Not getting on you, or anyone for that matter, just giving another point of view. Another thing I just looked at, they ran four plays in the third quarter and scored on three of them, maybe he thought they needed a little more work. The team was 0-3 and needed some confidence, the three touchdowns in the third quarter might help that. The game was 16-6 at halftime, still anyone's to lose. (And one more time, every player got in the game).

Not getting on you, or anyone for that matter, just giving another point of view. Another thing I just looked at, they ran four plays in the third quarter and scored on three of them, maybe he thought they needed a little more work. The team was 0-3 and needed some confidence, the three touchdowns in the third quarter might help that. The game was 16-6 at halftime, still anyone's to lose. (And one more time, every player got in the game).

What was the score after the 3rd quarter?