Rankings Week 4

mjuhb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaa Ranking

One should look at strength of schedule too. Siegel has played close tough games with 3 of the top five and last night gave up a last minute goal against Houston. Ask Houston I dont think they would say we deserve a #12 ranking. But thats ok there are still a lot of games left to play and I do enjoy the banter. Siegel should be sitting at about #6 in my bias opinion.

I know its a lot of work to create the rankings and I appreciate your efforts mjuhb.

you gotta be kidding, right? Seegul is 3-4-1, not even 50%..still in the top ten AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING?

I would say MJUHB has given you a gift!

What other sports team could be 3-4-1 and remain in ANY other top ten list other than Notre Dame (South Bend, IN that is)? You guys from Seagil crack me up!

aaa Ranking

One should look at strength of schedule too. Siegel has played close tough games with 3 of the top five and last night gave up a last minute goal against Houston. Ask Houston I dont think they would say we deserve a #12 ranking. But thats ok there are still a lot of games left to play and I do enjoy the banter. Siegel should be sitting at about #6 in my bias opinion.

I know its a lot of work to create the rankings and I appreciate your efforts mjuhb.

I was at the game and wasn't really impressed with either team's skill or speed. Perhaps it was an off night, but I question the rankings of both teams at this point. There's still a lot of soccer to played and soon the cream of the crop will start to rise. The upcoming weekend's rivals tournament at Collierville-Houston may shake up this ranking list a bit.

I thought the one Houston defender #3 played a solid game and hope Siegel's #11 knee injury doesn't turn out to be a repeat of last year's injury to the other leg which reportedly also happened on Houston's field.

I was at the game and wasn't really impressed with either team's skill or speed. Perhaps it was an off night, but I question the rankings of both teams at this point. There's still a lot of soccer to played and soon the cream of the crop will start to rise. The upcoming weekend's rivals tournament at Collierville-Houston may shake up this ranking list a bit.

I thought the one Houston defender #3 played a solid game and hope Siegel's #11 knee injury doesn't turn out to be a repeat of last year's injury to the other leg which reportedly also happened on Houston's field.

the girl was megan daughtry and i know she had a pre-existing injury

like we have seen with pre-existing injuries(beckham, frank lampard, wayne rooney and micheal ballack)if you rush back to quickly you risk a much larger injury

david beckham with his ankle he went to plant and his leg buckled and he hurt knee

frank lampard has turf toe then he tore his thigh

Wasnt Impressed with either team's Skill or Speed. Really! I guess that may be the way a Collierville supporter might have seen it. I think I might have even been sitting near you at the game. It was a well played game between two good teams even if you want to belittle them. Would like to see how often Collierville would make it to state if they played in Brentwoods district. Must be nice to know that due to the weakness in competition in the west Collierville has a free Ride to state every year.

Wasnt Impressed with either team's Skill or Speed. Really! I guess that may be the way a Collierville supporter might have seen it. I think I might have even been sitting near you at the game. It was a well played game between two good teams even if you want to belittle them. Would like to see how often Collierville would make it to state if they played in Brentwoods district. Must be nice to know that due to the weakness in competition in the west Collierville has a free Ride to state every year.

I have a confession. I just put a post on here that I immediately deleted. Can we all remember that we are talking about teenagers on here. Some of this thread is getting a little too aggressive and personal. I know my post was. It was an attempt to say such and such a team is not deserving because, blah, blah, blah.

I think it is unfortunate that so many posts get so negative so often (and I shudder to think how many adults, parents, and coaches might be posting them). And I am guilty of it too. I realized it after reading some here.

Perhaps we can strive to stay positive. Yes, some teams are having down years. Yes, some teams' records don't look great. But I bet very few people on this site have been at every match of any one team. Therefore, few people can speak with authority or intelligence about that team. It's okay to wonder about these things and ask questions, but be aware of the manner with which you type. These are kids!

And to the kids and coaches who enjoy hiding behind the anonymity of these types of sites...very disappointing. You are giving the game you supposedly love a bad name. I come across teams and coaches that do that on the field every once and a while. It is just as disappointing when you choose to do it here.

does canesoverhere know anything about soccer or the

high school soccer being played in tennessee? i'm just wondering..get back to me on that one

It is not even a question about soccer.

It is an understanding of math: 3 - 4 - 1?

This is not a good record in west Tennessee, east Tennesee or central Tennessee!!

West Tennessee easy road to the state? Look likes when they do get there they perform!:

2004 Houston State Champs

2005 Collierville State Champs

2006 Collierville Finalists

Please make credible posts not one out of frustration for a 3-4-1 team.

Happy bounces to All!

I have a confession. I just put a post on here that I immediately deleted. Can we all remember that we are talking about teenagers on here. Some of this thread is getting a little too aggressive and personal. I know my post was. It was an attempt to say such and such a team is not deserving because, blah, blah, blah.

I think it is unfortunate that so many posts get so negative so often (and I shudder to think how many adults, parents, and coaches might be posting them). And I am guilty of it too. I realized it after reading some here.

Perhaps we can strive to stay positive. Yes, some teams are having down years. Yes, some teams' records don't look great. But I bet very few people on this site have been at every match of any one team. Therefore, few people can speak with authority or intelligence about that team. It's okay to wonder about these things and ask questions, but be aware of the manner with which you type. These are kids!

And to the kids and coaches who enjoy hiding behind the anonymity of these types of sites...very disappointing. You are giving the game you supposedly love a bad name. I come across teams and coaches that do that on the field every once and a while. It is just as disappointing when you choose to do it here.

Wow! A person with under 20 posts who actually gets it! My hats off to you ChelseaFC! You are the man! (or woman?)

Very well said...

Here is how it looks to me...

Canesoverhere is an adult, but sounds like a teenage girl.

siegelplayer4 is a teenage girl, but sounds like an adult.

VicFerrari is just jealous that Collierville isn't getting much love.

I've taken some shots at Siegel in the past, but before 2 years ago, what has Collierville EVER done in girls soccer?

See the blank space above? That is the answer to my question.