Hampton vs Unicoi County

HamptonBulldogs1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shew, I don't know where to begin. It just baffles me that Hampton can look so good one week and so bad the next week. Hampton is what I call the "Kings of Stupid Plays." They never look worth a crap. It's always 5 or 6 turnovers one week, then the next week it's 8 or 9 or 10 penalties. I just don't know what's wrong with them. I don't want to say it is coaching becuase JC is a good coach and I think Lunsford might be the best coach anywhere around here cuz he knows his stuff. But it just seems at times like the Dogs are undisciplined because they have more penalties and turnovers (with still getting a win) than any team I have ever seen. I have never seen anything like it...

Yeah...no offensive TD's I'm sure now that you should be the top team in NET. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Probably beat Sullvan south and ..Greenville...lets not forget Tennessee High OH and Dobyns Bennet...Yeah you are a offensive juggernaut....

TOO MANY BLOWOUT PREDICTIONS. THE HAMPTON FAITHFUL NEEDED A GOOD DOSE OF REALITY. U-C CAME OUT WITH A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER AND PLAYED INSPIRED. THEY ALMOST PULLED IT OUT. BY ALL RIGHTS, THEY PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE. 4A VS. 1A @ HOME.

first of all it is a 4a school vs a 2a school(cheaters) 2 of all unicoi has never been known for football

Have the unicorns of Unicoi County improved? I thought Pujo's young lads from Hampton were suppose to be the real deal this season? Pujo, you better get those young lads focused on the task at hand.

To answer your question...yes, Unicoi has very much improved over the past two years. They have a tremendous defense that was on the field way too long against South. Otherwise, the numbers would have reflected the talent and heart. I don't think it was either team's most fundamental effort, but they were absolutely hitting mercilessly all night. I hope that the 'man Hampton must have played awful' tone that I'm picking up on right now isn't a reflection of what everyone that went to the game thinks. Those in attendance should know that Unicoi is a good team that plays with everything they have- much like the 'Dogs.

On another note- how are Hampton's college kids doing thus far- Townsend, Lyons, anyone else who may have slipped under my radar?

Hustle,

I don't want to detract from the thread but to answer your question on how the kids are doing. I can't say about the others, maybe someone can fill you in, but I can say that Townsend has done an awesome job during summer camp at Carson Newman, and he has progressed well to this point. He was red-shirted originally but has been pulled and got to dress for his 1st college game today. Actually got to play for a couple series and run the ball a couple of times. He's only a freshman, and to be able to get to dress out is (I believe) a major accomplishment, playing today was icing on the cake. He has scored a TD or two in the JV games as well. Needless to say, we're all VERY PROUD of him and sure he will continue to progress. Thanks for asking!

First of all....I will say congrats to the Dogs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> A win is a win.

How about that Ellis kid? Running 70+ yards...but it was kind of crazy that we couldnt even turn that into a touchdown from less than 5 yards out. And, this didn't only happen once. This team has got to come together and play as a team and get it together better than what I saw last night if they have any chances of getting anywhere. Unicoi County has definitely improved and was there to win last night. They actually out played the dogs last night. I was kind of thinking it would be a slight blow out but boy was I wrong.

Let's go dogs....get it together. We will be there rooting for ya come Friday night!

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />