Score of Cookeville Clarksville?

wcsports

Thanks for the information..I think everyone thats been posting messages the past two weeks can agree with this fact that depsite what happens vs Bearden, Clarksville High hasnt been getting any respect from anyone on this board. For them to have a lot of soccer tradition, year in and out be a top contender in the state they just didnt get much Pub. I was just wondering what anyone thought about why a team like Clarksville wouldnt get any respect this year. just by the post they've been pick to lose every game starting in the regional tournament 1st round game vs Hendersonville. They may have been because of the always tough Commodores team but they are a talented team..what are other peoples thoughts?

I have to agree...heck, I was one of them didn't give them any credit. I was already putting Franklin in the championshp game. I think if anyone can upset Bearden, big if, but if anyone can it will be Clarksville. Well, I guess that's kind of obvious now, but I think they do have a decent shot.

Well, that is a good point. This year has been a tough one for soccer. I think there was a lot of parity in the region, substates, and state rounds. Obviously Bearden is tough and they are the domainate team in TN for AAA this season. I'll be the first to say that this isn't one of Clarksville's better teams. They were probably only picked to win district and region runnerups but they play so well together and understand their roles. I think tonight will be a great game with Bearden vs Clarksville. Good luck to both teams.

I agree. Clarksville hasnt gotten much publicity at all this year. But publicity is just publicity. It seems most of the people who post threads are from outside the Clarksville area. Outside of Franklin, Brentwood, and Hendersonville not much publicity goes to middle Tn. schools. Hendersonville had an off year so that left just Franklin and Brentwood. Bearden gets the most publicity but they still have to win their final game to live up to all the publicity. Thats why the game is played on the field and not in the threads or in the newspaper. Being from middle Tn. (Columbia Central) it would be great to see Clarksville win but they sure have their hands full. Good luck to both teams.

Guest Beowulf16182

LA93, Cookeville's leading goalscorer was Kent Starkweather, he had between 28-32 goals, I don't really know, but I know it was at least 28 for sure. thanks

• 1 month later...

I agree with TnBBall. Believe it or not this wasn't Clarksville's best team and they still made it to the finals. Clarksville has had one of the top 5 teams in the state for the past 5 years and have a top 10 team for the past 9 years. I played for them and nobody outside of our region really has heard us becuase for years we had a problem gettin out of the region no matter how good we were. We always choked or just couldnt seem to beat Hendersonville no matter what. It was kind of like the UT/Florida Gators football games where UT just couldnt get over the hump. Well we finally beat Hendersonville a while back so that one less monkey on their backs. We could have easily one state last year but got upset by Gallitan on overtime in the region. Bearden ended up going on to beat Houston by the same score we had beaten them by earlier in the season.