Upperman @ Bledsoe Co.

Bledsoebtheboys

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will fine tomorrow night and should get in win column ....... I wish hubbie would get his first win that way he could get some people off his back....

It seriously does not look like Coach Lombarti, I mean Roberson, is going to get that feat acomplished all year, What about the 6-4 record you predicted? Are you still holding up for the coach's ability and sticking with your statement as I am sure sticking with my 2-8 if we are lucky & we don't seem to have the luck of the Irish on our side this year....... When are you hubbie worshipers going to wake the heck up & say he's worthless as a coach.... Any coach the players make fun of because he sits on his Gator and Text messeges all practice, needs the school board looking at his job very seriously.... & By the way I have asked 8 players personally, face to face, if this has happened & every one, I say again, EVERY PLAYER I HAVE ASKED, all said this happens quiet often........... I for one say after the game last night, if you don't think this program needs a coaching change, you don't know football or you didn't see the dumb calls inside the 5 yard line last night, #40 carried them all the way down the field, but no one called his number when is was time for the glory and guess what, we ended up with a big fat 0 at the end of the night to show for it, we looked like a mediocre middle school team last night..... BCW

Let's be easy on the coach or this thread will be closed. I thought we looked as bad as any Bledsoe County team that I have EVER watched. As I had stated though our pass defense is awful. I don't know if it is the people are in the wrong place or they are just not coached very well. Another thing, what happened that Mr Robertson took over and called defense for a few plays. Did he just think that he could get the guys fired up? As for the call on the goalling I was shocked that we made that call especially after last week being able to push it in on a sneak but that is what the coach gets paid for making the tough calls and if he gotten in nobody would be saying anything. I still think that the present head coach has the OPPORTUNITY to be successful in the future but it is going to take several things that I am not sure his people will do. However, first I must ask the question of where has the A.D. been lately? I haven't seen him at the games and that doesn't mean he isn't there it just means that he is not visible and that is bad enough. Anyway here are some things it is going to take to have a successful athletic program.

Strong backboned administration on all levels; superintendent, principal, AD

Quality assistant coaches who are loyal and know the game and how to treat kids

Good players- good feeder programs that are totally supportive of the h.s. (not questioning anyone here)

h.s. coach who gets out and recruits these kids

coaches at the school who work together and support each other not disappear when their season is over

Finally, a knowledgeable get after it type of head coach (Mr Robertson may be this) who is willing to step into the fire and not back up when it gets hot. He must have his ideas and stick with them not use someone else's and then wonder why it doesn't work.

Oh, Big Blue gets the win this week against the our weak neighbor

that may be the understatement of the year, they handed this job to someone who had spent their entire coaching career here being loyal to the coaches but the sad thing is that he probably didn't learn a whole lot about what it took to be a head coach. On top of that they threw him into a very tough situation and then just pretty much told him to sink or swim and forgot to tell him that he was in a pool with hungry sharks and he was and would be swimming alone

Perform reminds me of what some of our games look like; a performance. Between acting like they are hurt or standing and posing for the stands you would think you were watching a play not a football game. The team is, in my opinion, suffering on all levels but this isn't something that just happened. True we made the play-offs last year but we weren't a very good team and we haven't beaten a good team in a long time. We started this mess a few years ago and now they have just passed their problem along to someone else. It is kind of like a stray dog, someone takes it then when they don't want it give it to someone who doesn't want it either and then either someone comes along and cares for it and makes it better or it dies. That is about the way our program is now and the people who were supposed to be caring for it have done a lousy job and now are hiding trying to push the blame somewhere else.

Let's be easy on the coach or this thread will be closed. I thought we looked as bad as any Bledsoe County team that I have EVER watched. As I had stated though our pass defense is awful. I don't know if it is the people are in the wrong place or they are just not coached very well. Another thing, what happened that Mr Robertson took over and called defense for a few plays. Did he just think that he could get the guys fired up? As for the call on the goalling I was shocked that we made that call especially after last week being able to push it in on a sneak but that is what the coach gets paid for making the tough calls and if he gotten in nobody would be saying anything. I still think that the present head coach has the OPPORTUNITY to be successful in the future but it is going to take several things that I am not sure his people will do. However, first I must ask the question of where has the A.D. been lately? I haven't seen him at the games and that doesn't mean he isn't there it just means that he is not visible and that is bad enough. Anyway here are some things it is going to take to have a successful athletic program.

Strong backboned administration on all levels; superintendent, principal, AD

Quality assistant coaches who are loyal and know the game and how to treat kids

Good players- good feeder programs that are totally supportive of the h.s. (not questioning anyone here)

h.s. coach who gets out and recruits these kids

coaches at the school who work together and support each other not disappear when their season is over

Finally, a knowledgeable get after it type of head coach (Mr Robertson may be this) who is willing to step into the fire and not back up when it gets hot. He must have his ideas and stick with them not use someone else's and then wonder why it doesn't work.

Oh, Big Blue gets the win this week against the our weak neighbor

Oh, Big Blue gets the win this week against the our weak neighbor. I dont know who in the heck you are trying to lie to PURPLE wins BIG!!!!!!!