Baylor @ Notre Dame 9/11 7:00 pm

DonCChatt

Baylor will come to Notre Dame on Tuesday, 9/11 at 7:00 for a non-district match. Baylor probably has to be the favorite. A few other facts:

- Game is at Notre Dame, so the audience should be pro-ND

- Last year's game at Baylor was a 0-0 tie, with Baylor out shooting ND, but got frustrated with their inability to score

- If ND has ever beaten Baylor, it's happened a long time ago

- For what it's worth, 5 of the ND players and 6 of the Baylor players are on the same club team (East Ridge Express 91, 2007 State Finalist); there are also 1 additional player for ND and 2 more for Baylor that used to play on this same team -- they know each other, and how they play

Any predictions?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor will come to Notre Dame on Tuesday, 9/11 at 7:00 for a non-district match. Baylor probably has to be the favorite. A few other facts:

- Last year's game at Baylor was a 0-0 tie, with Baylor out shooting ND, but got frustrated with their inability to score

- For what it's worth, 5 of the ND players and 6 of the Baylor players are on the same club team (East Ridge Express 91, 2007 State Finalist); there are also 1 additional player for ND and 2 more for Baylor that used to play on this same team -- they know each other, and how they play

Any predictions?

My prediction Notre Dame 1 Baylor 1

I must say "Go Irish"

To DonC's point, we have many friends on Baylor's team and wish them all the best after this game.

Any predictions?

While I will not attempt to predict the outcome, I am confident in saying that this will be a great match! Here's hoping that both teams play up to their capabilites and end without injury.

Any predictions?

Baylor 3 ND 0

Notre Dame??™s defense seems to be weak without Maggie Lynskey. She seemed to be able change field direction and get the back line to work together. Maybe it comes from playing select soccer for Baylor??™s Assistant Coach Curtis Blair. The defense now seems to boot the ball up the middle of the field or kick it out of bounds. It??™s going to be along night for ND, if the defense continues to flounder around and panic every time the ball comes their way. ND??™s forwards are going to need more help then they are currently getting from the midfield if they want to score. Mainly, ND mentally has to want this victory and play a flawless game. If they don??™t, Baylor will capitalize on their mistakes and score time and time again.

Baylor 3 ND 0

Notre Dame??™s defense seems to be weak without Maggie Lynskey. She seemed to be able change field direction and get the back line to work together. Maybe it comes from playing select soccer for Baylor??™s Assistant Coach Curtis Blair. The defense now seems to boot the ball up the middle of the field or kick it out of bounds. It??™s going to be along night for ND, if the defense continues to flounder around and panic every time the ball comes their way. ND??™s forwards are going to need more help then they are currently getting from the midfield if they want to score. Mainly, ND mentally has to want this victory and play a flawless game. If they don??™t, Baylor will capitalize on their mistakes and score time and time again.

I was under the impression that highschool coaches are not aloud to coach club teams with thier high school players on them is this not a big rules violation if this is true? correct me if i am wrong

I was under the impression that highschool coaches are not aloud to coach club teams with thier high school players on them is this not a big rules violation if this is true? correct me if i am wrong

You're wrong - Maggie Lynsky attended Notre Dame and played select for Curtis Blair who is the assistant coach at Baylor! No conflict there!

You're wrong - Maggie Lynsky attended Notre Dame and played select for Curtis Blair who is the assistant coach at Baylor! No conflict there!

I don't think you're wrong. A high school coach can not coach his own players on a competitive team. You may be wrong that the player does not attend the school where he coaches.

I don't think you're wrong. A high school coach can not coach his own players on a competitive team. You may be wrong that the player does not attend the school where he coaches.

Please reread the original post. Maggie went to Notre Dame High School (a known fact); Curtis is the assistant coach at Baylor. TWO completely separate schools! Jim Schermerhorn is the coach at Notre Dame where Maggie attended. Your missing the point of the post.

Please reread the original post. Maggie went to Notre Dame High School (a known fact); Curtis is the assistant coach at Baylor. TWO completely separate schools! Jim Schermerhorn is the coach at Notre Dame where Maggie attended. Your missing the point of the post.

That's what I said. She goes to a different school. ......the player does not attend the school where he coaches

.....was under the impression that highschool coaches are not aloud to coach club teams with thier high school players on them is this not a big rules violation if this is true? correct me if i am wrong

"""Your missing the point of the post.""" the POINT is that a high school coach cannot coach his OWN players on a competitive team. Why rush to attack. Reread before pulling your sword.