Boyd LB #30

buchead

based on the first 3 games of the season, is Seth Emery on schedule to make all-state?

Stats:

30 plus total tackles

2-INT's (one returned for 77 yd. TD)

4- QB sacks

1- rushing TD

buchead, it looks like seth is having a great statistical year so far. i would caution you and him to not focus on stats, however. to me, the more concentration placed on stats means less concentration on team victories. if he stays focused on the teams goals, his stats will take care of themselves. there's nothing wrong with having individual goals, but i think that individual stats without team success are useless.

go bucs!

buchead, it looks like seth is having a great statistical year so far. i would caution you and him to not focus on stats, however. to me, the more concentration placed on stats means less concentration on team victories. if he stays focused on the teams goals, his stats will take care of themselves. there's nothing wrong with having individual goals, but i think that individual stats without team success are useless.

go bucs!

I can asure you, Seth is not playing for individual stats. He is a team player/leader and wants nothing more than to win. I agree with focusing on team goals but if you want to play on saturdays at the next level you set individual goals as well. It was just a question.

Who I think is First is Joseph Bennett from CAK51 total tackles8 tackles for a loss6 QB sacks2 Forced Fumbles1 Punt Block3 Pass Break upsHe is a blitzing Linebacker so the only category he hasnt registered a defensive stat is in Interceptions. But he is also a different style of linebacker than Emory. Emory is a great tackle to tackle linebacker, but because of Bennetts speed, he is able to make plays sideline to sideline, and I dont mean that as a disprespect to #30. Just think Bennett is a little bit better!Who I think is First is Joseph Bennett from CAK51 total tackles8 tackles for a loss6 QB sacks2 Forced Fumbles1 Punt Block3 Pass Break upsHe is a blitzing Linebacker so the only category he hasnt registered a defensive stat is in Interceptions. But he is also a different style of linebacker than Emory. Emory is a great tackle to tackle linebacker, but because of Bennetts speed, he is able to make plays sideline to sideline, and I dont mean that as a disprespect to #30. Just think Bennett is a little bit better!

Who I think is First is Joseph Bennett from CAK51 total tackles8 tackles for a loss6 QB sacks2 Forced Fumbles1 Punt Block3 Pass Break upsHe is a blitzing Linebacker so the only category he hasnt registered a defensive stat is in Interceptions. But he is also a different style of linebacker than Emory. Emory is a great tackle to tackle linebacker, but because of Bennetts speed, he is able to make plays sideline to sideline, and I dont mean that as a disprespect to #30. Just think Bennett is a little bit better!Who I think is First is Joseph Bennett from CAK51 total tackles8 tackles for a loss6 QB sacks2 Forced Fumbles1 Punt Block3 Pass Break upsHe is a blitzing Linebacker so the only category he hasnt registered a defensive stat is in Interceptions. But he is also a different style of linebacker than Emory. Emory is a great tackle to tackle linebacker, but because of Bennetts speed, he is able to make plays sideline to sideline, and I dont mean that as a disprespect to #30. Just think Bennett is a little bit better!

I agree that Bennett and Emery are two different style LB's (Inside vs Outside). Both are the prototype at their position. Bennett could play at the next level as an outside LB with his speed but he is to small to play inside.

Exactly opposite senario for Emery. Note: Not taking anything away from Bennett, when BBS played CAK he was hardly ever blocked. He should make tackles. BBS O-Line did not block the CAK LB's all night at all. However, both are definitely great LB's.

I agree that Bennett and Emery are two different style LB's (Inside vs Outside). Both are the prototype at their position. Bennett could play at the next level as an outside LB with his speed but he is to small to play inside.

Exactly opposite senario for Emery. Note: Not taking anything away from Bennett, when BBS played CAK he was hardly ever blocked. He should make tackles. BBS O-Line did not block the CAK LB's all night at all. However, both are definitely great LB's.

They are both very good at their position. #15 from CAK said getting hit by Seth Emery a few times makes you not want to catch the ball. Emery is just awesome to watch. He helps motivate the D-line and the rest of the team to step it up to a higher level, raising the bar. I see great things for both of these young men. God willing, they will both make it into a D-I school.