topvol98

How does this game play out?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How does this game play out?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Science Hill. You guys have some real talent and speed on that team. And from what I understand, the team will only get better the next couple of years.

Duanah is one heckuva running back. Absolutely amazing, and fun to watch. Hill and Joslin had outstanding games as well.

Again congratulations. I thought Morristown West played one of their gutsiest games of the season, but were just clearly out matched.

Trojans had a couple of opportunities to tie up or keep the game close, but were turned away with turnovers inside the 10. And they were again burned on special teams with that punt return by Kinley.

I am sure Coach Woods' team will learn from those mistakes, and they can only get better by playing a quality opponent like Science Hill. Good luck with the rest of the Toppers' season.

It was a good win last night and it was good to blank a tougher than their record shows M-West team. M-West has some good-looking athletes as usual, but just couldn??™t put it all together. Science Hill really out matched the Trojans, but the Trojans played hard and hung tough.

I saw a Science Hill team getting better with every game. It was a great team effort and the O-line for the Hilltoppers have improved 100%. Great job to Coach Miller on what you are doing with the O-line. The defense . . . well, tough as nails as was expected. Again, great team effort.

I still think #2 Tomas Hill is the QB of the hour. I know Coach Smith has another year to work with Daniel Sharp and Tomas is a senior, but I really think Tomas Hill is clearly the #1 QB this year that should be in the game not only as a running QB, but a passing QB also. It just seems to me the offense is a greater threat when Hill is the QB. (I??™m not knocking D. Sharp, he is a fine QB) It is just my opinion of what I see.

The officiating was atrocious again.

Things will really get serious as the conference play begins this Friday with Sevier County.

It was a good win last night and it was good to blank a tougher than their record shows M-West team. M-West has some good-looking athletes as usual, but just couldn??™t put it all together. Science Hill really out matched the Trojans, but the Trojans played hard and hung tough.

I saw a Science Hill team getting better with every game. It was a great team effort and the O-line for the Hilltoppers have improved 100%. Great job to Coach Miller on what you are doing with the O-line. The defense . . . well, tough as nails as was expected. Again, great team effort.

I still think #2 Tomas Hill is the QB of the hour. I know Coach Smith has another year to work with Daniel Sharp and Tomas is a senior, but I really think Tomas Hill is clearly the #1 QB this year that should be in the game not only as a running QB, but a passing QB also. It just seems to me the offense is a greater threat when Hill is the QB. (I??™m not knocking D. Sharp, he is a fine QB) It is just my opinion of what I see.

The officiating was atrocious again.

Things will really get serious as the conference play begins this Friday with Sevier County.

I agree, Hill is the best option at QB IMHO. Did he start, or did they alternate. Just curious as I couldn't listen to the radio.

topvol,

Congratulations to you and your toppers on a big win.

It was a great win and I was pretty happy. I know that I may be one of the toughest critic of the team but anyone at the game would tell you that there is still work to be done on offense. The defense was OUTSTANDING. That was the best defensive effort that I've seen in the last two seasons and it might have been because West is not as good as we normally expect.

Defense- GREAT game. West only had one good drive all night when they attacked the defense up the middle but that drive got them inside the fifteen but then they became cute and tried to throw a slant that that was intercepted by Javan Joslin. West's running back was probably the best we have seen of an opponent this season but the defense sees the best back in the area every day in pratice. The next time West got inside the 20 was after a fumble recovery deep in Science Hill territory and the defense produce a fumble at the 5 when it look like they were going to score. Issac Kinlely picked up the fumle and return it 54 yards(cut back behind your blocks). The defense was stout all night and kept the West offense on the run. Trent, Green, Crumley all had their names called out. Trent with an especailly brusiing takle on a screen and Kinlely might be the hardest hitter pound for pound.Javan Joslin had two interceptions and a bead on another, making his first start at safety.

It as fun to watch the defense last night.

Offense- Hard to complain when the offense produces about 300 yards on the ground. The offense has to start finishing drives. Both Solomon Duanah's and Tomas Hill's runs were electrifying(they both ran away from the West defense) but those two runs produce almost half the offensive production. The passing game should have shut the door before half time but a costly drop on a pass that the receiver had to turn around to wait on cost an scoring opportunity. Nine penalties killed drives. The passing game produced under FOUR YARDS an ATTEMPT. The receivers could not be covered by the West defensive backs, it was a mismatch all night. The ball was distributed well last night though. The offensive line was MAGNIFICENT. Their effort was a welcome sight and now they have set a standard for themselves. The offense keeps you thinking that this is the drive where they become dominate but there is someting missing. The bomb.

Special teams- After giving up a big kick return to open the game. The squib kick was a great call after that and the coverage team did a great job. Great job on the punt coverage and besides one punt that went off the side of his foot another outstanding punting job by Aaron Trent. Issac Kinlely showed why you have to watch every punt he lines up to return. Once he made the first cut, he had a wall of blockers the rest of the way.

Great win but I think it's safe to say that anyone at the game woul say that the scoreboard was not an indication of how dominating the Toppers were. It could have easily been a forty point win. Great job Toppers and good luck to West the rest of the season.

Props go out to the Toppers!!! I was wrong /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ??¦I guess for selfish reasons I was hoping that the Hill wouldn??™t figure out how good they truly were till the second half of the season. IMO Science Hill has had this potential for the last THREE years but didn??™t have the leader that could bring it out of them. Coach G has done what any Good coach would do in his situation??¦.he has adjusted his game plan to fit his team. He has proven (to me anyway) in just this short time that he has what it??™s going to take to bring SHHS football up to the level of Topper basketball. I just hope my Vikings can squeak by before the Hill gets into full stride.

Just like most on here I question why Tomas isn??™t the #1 QB. He is the better of the two in every aspect. I can only come to the conclusion that Coach G is using him to keep defenses off balance??¦maybe lull them to sleep and then slide T. Hill in for the big play. I don??™t know??¦just my reasoning. Kinly is a beast and a threat on both sides of the ball. Joslin and Hill are both gamers that look to make a play every time they touch the ball. And Soloman??¦??¦.Soloman has the JUICE ??¦period!!!!! If he takes full advantage of the opportunities that are going to come his way we could easily be watching him play after church on Sundays in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />