Science Hill @ Morristown West

topvol98

How does this game play out?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How does this game play out?

Long weekend = late start to the week. Not much time left in the week but let's start talking about a big game for both teams. Both teams are coming into this games with wins. Both teams have left the fans scratching their heads trying to determine just how good are they. Science Hill's offense showed signs of life on the legs of Solomon Duanah. As hard as I've tried, there doesn't seem to be much out there on West to get a decent scouting report. I know about the kid at free safety that is suppose to be really good but not much else. What type of offense and defense do they run?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the West fans at? Can someone tell me where does the visitor side is?

The side near the school. West's away side is right as you come in. Go into Morristown school, park, the place nearest to the school. The press box is huge over at Morristown East, you shouldn't miss it.

Plus you get a treat, I like how the field looks so I think it is a treat for any team to go down there and play.

Plus, it's fun to go down there and beat a Morristown team since they are tough all around

Ahhh 1999.........good memories.

The side near the school. West's away side is right as you come in. Go into Morristown school, park, the place nearest to the school. The press box is huge over at Morristown East, you shouldn't miss it.

Plus you get a treat, I like how the field looks so I think it is a treat for any team to go down there and play.

Plus, it's fun to go down there and beat a Morristown team since they are tough all around

Ahhh 1999.........good memories.

It's been since 88 since I've been down there and I don't remember the stands being that high? I also thought it was enclosed sort of like TN High's.

Like I said before . . . If Duanah rushes for 120+ yards, Science Hill wins this one! And nothing towards QB Sharp (I think he is a fine qb), but I would like to see Hill in as QB because his two-dimensional threat as a running and throwing QB. The artificial turf should bold well for SHHS. We??™ll see . . .

Science Hill wins this game in a tough one.

It's been since 88 since I've been down there and I don't remember the stands being that high? I also thought it was enclosed sort of like TN High's.

It might have changed since then, I have no idea.

Stands are big on both ends, but the home side is huge and metal and well..........nice.

Great place to play a football game.

The new stands (a decade plus old) tower over the field. Very impressive and the end zone walls seem more like an old fort than a stadium. Visitors side bleachers are not that many rows but set well enough off the ground for good vision. They run the length of the Stadium pretty well. The field is new style turf and the popcorn is excellent. You can pay to park in front the school (I do) and besides the stadium parking there is a nice church parking lot near the stadium as well. Go Toppers.

I'm mainly looking for some consistancy(sp) from the offense. We seem to have been all pass or all run the last couple of games. I think that we have plenty of skill players that can get something done with the ball in their hands and it would help keep defenses off balance if we can get that done. It will also help the defense to be able to pick up third downs which haven't happen with it being an obivous passing down. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Burke-Toney Stadium is probably the best facility in Region 2-4A. The visitor side bleachers, while not as high, are fantastic for watching a game.

Don't over look Morristown West boys. Coach Don Woods' team may be a little down this year, but their defense plays hard to the ball, and their offense loves to chew up clock.

They have a good senior QB who can quickly break a game open with a deep pass. He is very adept at running the option, executing a play action pass, and generally avoiding troublesome situations.

They have a trio of running backs who will all see playing time.

Defensively, they have a very experienced linebacking corps, and the OLBs can switch very quickly to DEs to make a five-down front. They base out of a 3-4...but sometimes they go to a 5-2 just before the snap, causing confusion for inexperienced QBs.