Best players to ever come out of Jellico?

XeroDestroyer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. When Hampton wasn't much back in the early and mid 90's, Jellico was a perinial play-off contender in 3A.

You can't say that, because you are too young to know what went on in the early and mid-nineties. Hampton hit harder and played harder than they ever did. Brian Taylor was one of the best backs in Hampton history. B.J. Taylor and Mark Watson was the deadliest running back duo in Hampton history. Hampton was in 2-A and the playoff seeds were a lot tougher back then if you know the history. I was there. Teams across the state are cupcake now compared to what they used to be. I can judge the level of competition because I was there and here I am now.

You can't say that, because you are too young to know what went on in the early and mid-nineties. Hampton hit harder and played harder than they ever did. Brian Taylor was one of the best backs in Hampton history. B.J. Taylor and Mark Watson was the deadliest running back duo in Hampton history. Hampton was in 2-A and the playoff seeds were a lot tougher back then if you know the history. I was there. Teams across the state are cupcake now compared to what they used to be. I can judge the level of competition because I was there and here I am now.

YOu must not know bout that Jon Potter, Adam Townsend connection of 2005.....

tommy and timmy bowlin were great players but jellico had many.tommy i think the older one was there and went to the state playoffs and bowl game while he was there and later his brother timmy helped them to the state playoffs.now jellico was in 3A!!!! yes 3A with fulton,kingston,ae,ect back then and the year before kingston scored 80 something points on them and everybody scored 50 or 60 off them.the year after they had shirts calling it the revenge tour and they DID get revenge beating catholic and many other teams enroute to going to the playoffs and falling to gatlinburg pittman in a close game in which they dropped some passes that could have easily beat GP.just think if they were in 1A like they were supposed to be how far they could have gone!! the quarterback that year was great too!!