The Fighing Irish Vs. McCallie

football2007

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Fair Weather Fart! You wait til The Irish win 4 staight before gassing up the BounderMobile? I don't think they will let you in Nashville without a guarantee that it is loaded with Baby Backs. I may come up for Webb. I expect Ribs.

Ole Dad

I'm bringing my motorhome, does anybody know where the 12th man club will set-up?

Well, there may be some baby backs in the boundermobile so I guess I can sneak into Music City.

As for Webb we are already planning a tailgate for that nite and then going to Cookeville to see Austin Peay and Tenn. Tech on saturday. In the boundermobile of course(both nites). Maybe I can get some ribs from Buddy"s

This is a defining week for the Irish. They will move toward answering the question: Have they arrived - are they contenders for the gold ball or is this another step in their journey back?

USA1, good questions, however, this might be a question for your wrestling team? Have they arrived???

What weight will your son go this year?

We are still a young, but rapidly maturing team. Friday night should be a good game and will be a great test to see how much we've grown. As long as we execute and press the kicking game I believe we will be ok. We are used to the travel and our guys handle it well. I don't expect that to be an issue.

Ma'am i'd first off like to thank you for your continued support of our team this year, however we are not as you say a "young team" we have 16 seniors, most of them play, and all of them lead, and the ones that don't play on fridays contribute on the practice field during the week...but we have grown a ton this year and are continuing to get better everyday...i hope you'll be able to make it to the game friday even though its a long trip...speaking of long trips i don't believe the distance will have much affect on our performance. We traveled a ton last year, and have already made a 5hr (maybe longer) trip to Kentucky this year and were able to win on the road 31-14...all that being said i expect a highly physical game and a very close game...i remember the FR teams when i was younger and how they weren't very talented, this team is not like that...they're big, they play hard, and they have a great deal of talent...McCallie will have to execute every play and be ready for a tough physical battle...i believe our team is ready for that test, but that's why they play the game...my prediction (my hope) is that McCallie will go to Nashville and come home with a win in a close one...21-14

This will be a real test for the Blue Tornado. While they may not be young overall, their playmakers, with the exception of Poindexter, don't have a lot of experience. Very good win over Franklin helps, and playing BA tough shows they are a good team, but going to FR is a different challenge. As others have said, it appears that FR is pointing to this game as a defining game so McCallie needs to be ready. Chattanooga has not had much (any?) success this year with Nashville teams so McCallie needs to bring home a W.