TOP TEAMS IN CLASS 3A

JTrain5264

Hey Big Country.

Big one for Cheatham Co. this week. Has DL been tested yet? Saw a nice double OT game between Farragut/Bearden last week. Sloppy though. Recorded the CSS Catholic/Webb game. Have not watched it yet; however, Meske, coach at Webb said it was the best Catholic team he has seen in 20 yrs. Knox Sentinel reported that they held Webb to 20 or so yards rushing and 1 first down in the 2nd half.

Austin East is starting to come together. IMO, they could still be the team that is visited by Pearl Cohn come the semis. The Montgomery kid @ QB is 6-5, 225, and can run, and throw. Just has not put the throwing on the run piece together yet. Kenny Jones is athletic, big, strong, and fast enough to "spy" on Mason if they are both good enough to get there.

Fulton has some personnel issues right now. Have a FR starting at QB, another two at DB/WR, I think. They are young as has been metioned previously. They are also extraordinarily talented. The Falcon Defense might just carry them long enough for the Offense to catch up.

Seymour, that's right Seymour could very well be the Region 1 team that comes out on top this year. Defense is solid with eight or nine back from last year. Ogle is a nice QB/S. Householder is a good, tough coach whose team is taking on his personality. I'm not saying they are a Top 10 team yet, but they did beat a vastly improved South Doyle team this past week. Remember this is a program that had semifinal losses in back to back years around 2000.

Carter is a bit beat up, and going through some transition, but could certainly gel in time to de-rail Seymour.

Scott has started out strong; however, are untested yet. Austin East will provide that teast. Anderson County was on the same path with a nice start, but failed the same test as AE took them out 40+ to 7 or so last week. AE is dangerous. Kingston and Livingston are young and herky-jerky.

Giles Co. is developing well, and I agree with you that at this point in time Mason @ PC is playing @ a 3A back of the year level. When I see his stats, it's easy to forget that he is doing all that without his two studs that went down Tobacco Road. I have yet to see anyone in 3A in this area that is better. Cobb at Alcoa is another story, and the Cobb at Fulton hasn't hit his stride yet, but will, I think.

That's some info for you, from over our way. Your Top 10 looks good. Have a good "call" Friday. Be obejective in the booth.

ruse?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big Country.

Big one for Cheatham Co. this week. Has DL been tested yet? Saw a nice double OT game between Farragut/Bearden last week. Sloppy though. Recorded the CSS Catholic/Webb game. Have not watched it yet; however, Meske, coach at Webb said it was the best Catholic team he has seen in 20 yrs. Knox Sentinel reported that they held Webb to 20 or so yards rushing and 1 first down in the 2nd half.

Austin East is starting to come together. IMO, they could still be the team that is visited by Pearl Cohn come the semis. The Montgomery kid @ QB is 6-5, 225, and can run, and throw. Just has not put the throwing on the run piece together yet. Kenny Jones is athletic, big, strong, and fast enough to "spy" on Mason if they are both good enough to get there.

Fulton has some personnel issues right now. Have a FR starting at QB, another two at DB/WR, I think. They are young as has been metioned previously. They are also extraordinarily talented. The Falcon Defense might just carry them long enough for the Offense to catch up.

Seymour, that's right Seymour could very well be the Region 1 team that comes out on top this year. Defense is solid with eight or nine back from last year. Ogle is a nice QB/S. Householder is a good, tough coach whose team is taking on his personality. I'm not saying they are a Top 10 team yet, but they did beat a vastly improved South Doyle team this past week. Remember this is a program that had semifinal losses in back to back years around 2000.

Carter is a bit beat up, and going through some transition, but could certainly gel in time to de-rail Seymour.

Scott has started out strong; however, are untested yet. Austin East will provide that teast. Anderson County was on the same path with a nice start, but failed the same test as AE took them out 40+ to 7 or so last week. AE is dangerous. Kingston and Livingston are young and herky-jerky.

Giles Co. is developing well, and I agree with you that at this point in time Mason @ PC is playing @ a 3A back of the year level. When I see his stats, it's easy to forget that he is doing all that without his two studs that went down Tobacco Road. I have yet to see anyone in 3A in this area that is better. Cobb at Alcoa is another story, and the Cobb at Fulton hasn't hit his stride yet, but will, I think.

That's some info for you, from over our way. Your Top 10 looks good. Have a good "call" Friday. Be obejective in the booth.

ruse?

How good is Knoxville Catholic???? They really won by a much wider margain than what I expected against Webb.

Fulton had a tough time with a very game Tyner bunch I saw as well. The Falcons games against AE & Catholic will tell me much more about them. The Rams are a very quality 2A team. I agree with you 100% about Cobb. He is a beast.

I heard that AE is running the veer and that Montgomery is a fine player at QB. The Road Runners dropped their opener to Webb and then lost to Catholic. Could they potentially beat Fulton and earn a first round home playoff game in the process?????

Scott or Kingston???? Both teams are off to excellent starts this season. Can one of them (or possibly both) step up and compete with the "top level" teams in Region 2-3A.

If Seymour does win Region 1-3A this year can they advance past the first or possibly even the secoond round of the playoffs????? I believe it's time for a Region 1-3A team to step up and actually earn the respect of one of the top three Region 2-3A powerhouses.

Pearl Cohn is a normal Pearl Cohn football team. Mason is the best player in the state in 3A at QB. Defensively the Firebirds are very talented, especially at linebacker with the foursome of Griffin-Osborne-Johnson-Harris (formerly Sweatt), and boy do they fly to the football.

Station Camp is unbeaten and they could possibly win the region. Bailey is a great player for those guys at RB. Johnson is throwing the football much better than he did last year and L'Darius Moore is an excellent player at WR/DB. The Topes (Hunter & Spencer) are equal to this team to what the Taits would be consdered at KC to you East-TN folks.

Greenbrier appears to be back. I watched them play Lipscomb and they are a physical sound football team. Dickerson is a good player at LB/FB for the Bobcats. Like Johnson for SC the Bobcats Justin Grogan is throwing the football much better this year. Michael Seay is well on pace to go over 1,000 yards on the ground this season.

White House is very talented. Matt Parker may be the best pure athlete in the region. DeMarqus Payne & Bryan Dixon make for a great 1-2 punch at RB. When you look at the Blue Devils up front it is very impressive. Barrett & Gaines are both studs.

Sycamore has an impressive squad and even though they got embarrassed by SC I still have to mention the War Eagles. Cory Carrigan-Ryan Pope-Landon Morris make for a great 1-2-3 punch in the backfield. Jake Simms is a work in progress at QB but he has a great player to throw it to in WR/DB Tyler Cherry (6'6 220lbs).

Giles Co. is very good. Bo Wallace is just a sophomore at QB for those guys and is good enough to take them all the way. Dangerfield is a monster at nose for the Bobcats and possibly the most dominant player in the entire region (YES THIS INCLUDES HIGHTOWER). All this having been stated the top player for Giles is RB/LB Quon Reynolds. He'll never play for a top college football program because of his "lack of size" but he plays with great effort.

Lipscomb is who we do play this week and all I can say about those guys is that THEY ARE LIPSCOMB!!! Jeremy Holt is their back and he is posting some great numbers thus far this season running behind that new offensive line. Webb & Tempenny are both studs on defense for the Mustangs and could be the main reason for them making yet another run to the Blue Cross Bowl.

The verdict is still out on Marshall Co. They have all of the talent in the world with Hightower, O'Neal, Greer, & Braden. It seems like those guys are playing dominant defense thus far on the year surrendering an average of 10ppg. HOWEVER offensively the numbers have only been posted in one game (Creek Wood 49-14). The team scored a combined 20 points in their two games against Hickman Co. & Columbia Central.

ANY OF THOSE THREE TEAMS COULD ADVANCE TO THE BLUE CROSS BOWL FROM THE WESTERN HALF OF THE BRACKET IF THEY PLAY TO THEIR POTENTIAL!!!!! Of course Dyersburg & Haywood will have a huge say in this once the semifinal round of the postseason rolls around.

How good is Knoxville Catholic???? They really won by a much wider margain than what I expected against Webb.

Fulton had a tough time with a very game Tyner bunch I saw as well. The Falcons games against AE & Catholic will tell me much more about them. The Rams are a very quality 2A team. I agree with you 100% about Cobb. He is a beast.

I heard that AE is running the veer and that Montgomery is a fine player at QB. The Road Runners dropped their opener to Webb and then lost to Catholic. Could they potentially beat Fulton and earn a first round home playoff game in the process?????

Scott or Kingston???? Both teams are off to excellent starts this season. Can one of them (or possibly both) step up and compete with the "top level" teams in Region 2-3A.

If Seymour does win Region 1-3A this year can they advance past the first or possibly even the secoond round of the playoffs????? I believe it's time for a Region 1-3A team to step up and actually earn the respect of one of the top three Region 2-3A powerhouses.

Pearl Cohn is a normal Pearl Cohn football team. Mason is the best player in the state in 3A at QB. Defensively the Firebirds are very talented, especially at linebacker with the foursome of Griffin-Osborne-Johnson-Harris (formerly Sweatt), and boy do they fly to the football.

Station Camp is unbeaten and they could possibly win the region. Bailey is a great player for those guys at RB. Johnson is throwing the football much better than he did last year and L'Darius Moore is an excellent player at WR/DB. The Topes (Hunter & Spencer) are equal to this team to what the Taits would be consdered at KC to you East-TN folks.

Greenbrier appears to be back. I watched them play Lipscomb and they are a physical sound football team. Dickerson is a good player at LB/FB for the Bobcats. Like Johnson for SC the Bobcats Justin Grogan is throwing the football much better this year. Michael Seay is well on pace to go over 1,000 yards on the ground this season.

White House is very talented. Matt Parker may be the best pure athlete in the region. DeMarqus Payne & Bryan Dixon make for a great 1-2 punch at RB. When you look at the Blue Devils up front it is very impressive. Barrett & Gaines are both studs.

Sycamore has an impressive squad and even though they got embarrassed by SC I still have to mention the War Eagles. Cory Carrigan-Ryan Pope-Landon Morris make for a great 1-2-3 punch in the backfield. Jake Simms is a work in progress at QB but he has a great player to throw it to in WR/DB Tyler Cherry (6'6 220lbs).

Giles Co. is very good. Bo Wallace is just a sophomore at QB for those guys and is good enough to take them all the way. Dangerfield is a monster at nose for the Bobcats and possibly the most dominant player in the entire region (YES THIS INCLUDES HIGHTOWER). All this having been stated the top player for Giles is RB/LB Quon Reynolds. He'll never play for a top college football program because of his "lack of size" but he plays with great effort.

Lipscomb is who we do play this week and all I can say about those guys is that THEY ARE LIPSCOMB!!! Jeremy Holt is their back and he is posting some great numbers thus far this season running behind that new offensive line. Webb & Tempenny are both studs on defense for the Mustangs and could be the main reason for them making yet another run to the Blue Cross Bowl.

The verdict is still out on Marshall Co. They have all of the talent in the world with Hightower, O'Neal, Greer, & Braden. It seems like those guys are playing dominant defense thus far on the year surrendering an average of 10ppg. HOWEVER offensively the numbers have only been posted in one game (Creek Wood 49-14). The team scored a combined 20 points in their two games against Hickman Co. & Columbia Central.

ANY OF THOSE THREE TEAMS COULD ADVANCE TO THE BLUE CROSS BOWL FROM THE WESTERN HALF OF THE BRACKET IF THEY PLAY TO THEIR POTENTIAL!!!!! Of course Dyersburg & Haywood will have a huge say in this once the semifinal round of the postseason rolls around.

The Howard Hustlin Tigers want revenge on Station Camp. We shouldve won last year but we will settle for this year

HEADING INTO WEEK 4 HERE IS MY PERSONAL LIST

Top 10

Knoxville Catholic

Lipscomb

Giles

Station Camp

Dyersburg

Fulton

Pearl Cohn

Jackson South Side

McNairy Central

Polk Co.

OTHERS WORTHY OF MENTION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING

Next "Lucky" 14

Marshall Co.

Greenbrier

White House

Sycamore

Trezevant

Haywood

Ripley

Mitchell

Fayette Ware

McMinn Central

Meigs Co.

Scott

Kingston

Austin East

THESE TEAMS ARE NOT LISTED IN ANY CERTAIN ORDER WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

The Howard Hustlin Tigers are here amd we are screaming What about us!!!

Sorry t-mac but I completely forgot about Howard altogether. The Hustlin' Tigers are off to a great start. They have yet to really play that "big game" because I don't consider ND this year as being a "big win". The Irish look about like the college ND Irish have been looking. OUCH!!! I am a Notre Dame Football Fan so that hurts to admit.

The second half schedule includes Polk Co., Tyner, Meigs, & McMinn. Howard will look good in their next two games against Tellico Plains & Grundy Co. no doubt about it. I really can't wait to see how they fare in those four games that I just mentioned when October rolls around. THAT'S WHEN WE'LL FIND OUT IF HOWARD IS A CONTENDER OR A PRETENDER!!!!!

Sorry t-mac but I completely forgot about Howard altogether. The Hustlin' Tigers are off to a great start. They have yet to really play that "big game" because I don't consider ND this year as being a "big win". The Irish look about like the college ND Irish have been looking. OUCH!!! I am a Notre Dame Football Fan so that hurts to admit.

The second half schedule includes Polk Co., Tyner, Meigs, & McMinn. Howard will look good in their next two games against Tellico Plains & Grundy Co. no doubt about it. I really can't wait to see how they fare in those four games that I just mentioned when October rolls around. THAT'S WHEN WE'LL FIND OUT IF HOWARD IS A CONTENDER OR A PRETENDER!!!!!

What about the win against Brainerd!!! You see what they have been doing?

Not in order

AC

AE

Fulton

Kingston

Knox Catholic

Scott Co

then who cares becasue one of them teams is gona win the state championship

What have Anderson Co., Scott, or Kingston done in the playoffs to back up your point?????

Catholic has "choked" in the playoffs HOWEVER they can claim this because they are consistently VERY GOOD week in and week out. They have been ranked #1 for 13 weeks for the past two years. Their downfall has come in the quarterfinals.

Anderson Co. last made a playoff push back in 2001 when they went to the quarters and lost to eventual state champs Austin East. Kingston & Scott??????? I can't remember that far back /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Fulton & Austin East are always good and will always be among the Top 5 with a shot to win it all. Fulton has won 3 of 4 titles in 3A and AE won it in 2001 and have been a contender every year since.

Not in order

AC

AE

Fulton

Kingston

Knox Catholic

Scott Co

then who cares becasue one of them teams is gona win the state championship

"Not so fast" as Lee Corso might say. Pearl Cohn is a threat to get there from this side of the brackett. Giles, Dyersburg, Station Camp, JSS are all threats to win it along with Lipscomb. What happened to Mitchell? Jury is still out on Fulton, IMO. They have a Frosh at QB, and a couple of other Frosh at DB/WR that are starting. That might explain the debacle at OR, which was not unlike Alcoa for them a few yrs. back. Tyner was good, but a young Fulton team did get younger with some of these personnel issues. Either they will straighten those issues out or the younsters will play. Either way, it wont matter by the 7th or 8th game of the season. Too much talent. Big Country, to answer you question about KC, very good. Defense is stout. Watched a CSS Webb/KC game, and yes their DL/LB are the real deal, but I was very impressed w/their DBs. They are like clones. All 5-11 to 6-1, and in the 180-195 lb range. Fast, and they played the run exceptionally well.

ruse?