Lebanon at LaVergne

jackmoreblackson

Cat.......have I missed something along the way? Lebanon lost to Cookeville and they are non-region. They have only played one region game....yall. The Wilson Cty teams have only played one region game b/c they didn't play each other in week 0. A loss for Lebanon is good for everyone all around though. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat.......have I missed something along the way? Lebanon lost to Cookeville and they are non-region. They have only played one region game....yall. The Wilson Cty teams have only played one region game b/c they didn't play each other in week 0. A loss for Lebanon is good for everyone all around though. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

for us to win the region lebanon has to lose 2 games since we have one loss and if they had only one loss they would have the tie breaker so we need them to lose 2

if they lose 2 smyrna can control its own destiny in the region meaning if smyrna wins the rest of their region games they will have beaten all the teams with at least one loss.

smyrna can not win the region unless lebanon loses 2

but none of that matters right now only the next game matters and I have not heard a single player or coach at smyrna mention anything other than Blackman

*sorry about being on lebanon vs lavergne thread but I was answering 2 p's question

for us to win the region lebanon has to lose 2 games since we have one loss and if they had only one loss they would have the tie breaker so we need them to lose 2

if they lose 2 smyrna can control its own destiny in the region meaning if smyrna wins the rest of their region games they will have beaten all the teams with at least one loss.

smyrna can not win the region unless lebanon loses 2

but none of that matters right now only the next game matters and I have not heard a single player or coach at smyrna mention anything other than Blackman

*sorry about being on lebanon vs lavergne thread but I was answering 2 p's question

Sorry Cat.....I must have misread what you said before then..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

"I for one am extremely excited to see our kids at 4-0. Smyrna not being as good as they were last year...blah, blah,blah! They should have won their last game...even without Mr. Gray! Smyrna has always had La Vergne's number...don't know why...and it really doesn't matter if they're a great team that year or not."

that is exactly why lavergne looses these games. You are playing the biggest game of the year and all Lavergne fans want to talk about------------------------------------------------ SMYRNA

hsfootball

please dont let this happen ---- focus focus focus on Lebanon dont let folks distract you giddy over the possibilty of Smyrna not being very good this year and it is now Lavergnes year. Me and you both know you haven't hit the tough part of the region schedule and this game could be for the region championship

I am serious keep them focused and ready. All Smyrna is pulling for you because if Lebanon loses 2 region games Smyrna then controls its on destiny if Lebanon loses only one it gets complicated and if they go undefeated then of course they win the region so BEAT LEBANON.

I will save this quote for later in the season though /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Smyrna not being as good as they were last year

I guess we will find that out in a few weeks

82, we're focused.

Today was a good day for LaVergne. Film study was good and conditioning was GREAT! Usually everyone comes in on sunday drowsy, wanting to watch the games on tv, and not fully ready to work. I am guilty of that SOMETIMES. In my 3 years of sunday practices, today was the most intense. We even offered to do extra sprints when we completed the standard running. I'm excited for friday. Everyone else is also and when everyone else is, I'm even more excited.

Shay, 4-0 means something. It means that we are having a good season. That doesn't mean we are going to win a championship. Better yet, going to the playoffs. I've learned my lesson in the past years to not get excited about these type of streaks. LaVergne has every right to be proud, but let's not get too excited ya know? However, I'm glad to see another consistent LaVergne supporter on the T. I can't do this by myself!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol

let me just start with this comment... one loss will not change how Lebanon plays. The guys are tough and a loss will only make them more determined to win. I can say I know for a fact Coach Brown will not allow the guys to waiver after a loss. yes they have only played one region game, yet that is not what determines how the rest of the season will be played out.

I will say it is very premature to be discussing how Lebanon must lose 2 games for Smyrna to be in the clear. Lets get into the season before we start setting the playoffs. However lets get real Smyrna willnot be a state candidate this year.

let me just start with this comment... one lose will not change how Lebanon plays. The guys are tough and a lose will only make them more determined to win. I can say I know for a fact Coach Brown will not allow the guys to waiver after a loss. yes they have only played one region game, yet that is not what determines how the rest of the season will be played out.

I will say it is very premature to be discussing how Lebanon must lose 2 games for Smyrna to be in the clear. Lets get into the season before we start setting the playoffs. However lets get real Smyrna willnot be a state candidate this year.

I love this girl /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> You feel exactly how I feel. Our beloved Blue Devils will rebound and take out the wolves. Fork'im /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I still say Lavergne by about 6...but watch out for Smyrna at the end (keeping in mind, I am NOT a Smyrna fan at all)...they lost in the regular season last year to Ravenwood and Riverdale (by a bunch) and rebounded to win it all.

You just never know.

plus:

any of the teams that didn't make the reg4/5a playoffs last year are good enough to spring an upset at any given time, that's why they tee it up and play it.

82, we're focused.

Today was a good day for LaVergne. Film study was good and conditioning was GREAT! Usually everyone comes in on sunday drowsy, wanting to watch the games on tv, and not fully ready to work. I am guilty of that SOMETIMES. In my 3 years of sunday practices, today was the most intense. We even offered to do extra sprints when we completed the standard running. I'm excited for friday. Everyone else is also and when everyone else is, I'm even more excited.

Shay, 4-0 means something. It means that we are having a good season. That doesn't mean we are going to win a championship. Better yet, going to the playoffs. I've learned my lesson in the past years to not get excited about these type of streaks. LaVergne has every right to be proud, but let's not get too excited ya know? However, I'm glad to see another consistent LaVergne supporter on the T. I can't do this by myself!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol

sunday was a good practice...hey, even the kicker showed up!!! lol /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />