Lebanon at LaVergne

jackmoreblackson

The captains and seniors are gonna have to do a great job this week to let everyone know that being 4-0 doesn't mean ANYTHING! Everyone is excited about how things are right now. LaVergne has never been 4-0, Smyrna has lost twice, tied with 1st, etc etc etc...LaVergne has a reason to be excited about those things, but not satisfied. There is a lot of talk about Smyrna this year saying they aren't as good. LaVergne is also excited about that, or atleast some. I for one aren't excited about it and everyone else needs to stay focused on what we have to do. Considering I know a lot of players on that team, most for ages, I know that they WILL be the toughest team we play. However, if LaVergne wants to beat Smyrna, it has to be this year. We haven't even scratched the surface of our toughest spot in the schedule so LaVergne MUST stay poised. Not throwing shots, but Oakland started off 4-0 and they ended with a VERY tough schedule and it all turned for the worst. Big game this week and it starts tomorrow at conditioning and film study.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope LaVergne comes out heavy and hard. Crocker can't get away with mistakes early, and this game is HUGE.

Speaking of Crocker, anyone checked the stats lately? 2nd for yards and tied for 1st for TDs.

Oh, and about stats: HSsports, why don't you go ahead and check them out...see who you're leading by two spots. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> haha jk jk, nothing but love guys

The captains and seniors are gonna have to do a great job this week to let everyone know that being 4-0 doesn't mean ANYTHING! Everyone is excited about how things are right now. LaVergne has never been 4-0, Smyrna has lost twice, tied with 1st, etc etc etc...LaVergne has a reason to be excited about those things, but not satisfied. There is a lot of talk about Smyrna this year saying they aren't as good. LaVergne is also excited about that, or atleast some. I for one aren't excited about it and everyone else needs to stay focused on what we have to do. Considering I know a lot of players on that team, most for ages, I know that they WILL be the toughest team we play. However, if LaVergne wants to beat Smyrna, it has to be this year. We haven't even scratched the surface of our toughest spot in the schedule so LaVergne MUST stay poised. Not throwing shots, but Oakland started off 4-0 and they ended with a VERY tough schedule and it all turned for the worst. Big game this week and it starts tomorrow at conditioning and film study.

good job keep em focused because I know Lavergne history and this a set up game if I ever seen one. This is exactly the type game they never win so its time to focus and get it done.

Lavergne is better than Lebanon and Smyrna needs Lebanon to lose early and often! I can promise you all the Smyrna fans are pulling for you.

Stay focused protect the ball and watch for fake punts trick plays etc because that coach will do anything anywhere on the field

GO LAVERGNE

This will be a good extemely close game..almost to close to call. Both teams are better this year than ever!!! I wld love for LaVergne to do this for Rutherford & for the homecoming but it will be tough. Good LUCK!! Glad to see that they have turned this program around so much.. great to have so many GREAT teams in Rutherford this year.. keep it up (that is until you meet up w/ riverdale LOL)

congradulations to lavergne done great thus far and you guys have suprised me this season wouldnt have seen it coming with a new QB and coach. interesting that riverdale and lavergne both tied for 1st already have 3 common opponents 4 games into the season. lavergne has the offensive advantage thus far while the warriors have the defensive:

oakland game:

R: 14-0

L: 24-14

antioch game:

R: 28-13

L: 25-7

blackman game

R: 13-0

L: 22-15

against the common opponents, riverdale scoring 18.3 ppg and giving up 4.3 ppg (14 point spread). lavergne is scoring 23.6 ppg and giving up 12 ppg (11.6 point spread).

other wins riverdale 28-0 over lincoln county (20.75 to opponents 3.25 for the season); lavergne 35-6 over hillwood (26.5 to opponents 10.5 for the season).

just by the numbers, hope both teams come undefeated into the week 10 game and the region championship is decided that night /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope LaVergne comes out heavy and hard. Crocker can't get away with mistakes early, and this game is HUGE.

Speaking of Crocker, anyone checked the stats lately? 2nd for yards and tied for 1st for TDs.

Oh, and about stats: HSsports, why don't you go ahead and check them out...see who you're leading by two spots. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> haha jk jk, nothing but love guys

haha, well if you look at the stats for 5A and DII, we have the leading passer, rusher, and receiver. That doesn't mean anything if we don't get paydirt. We have to be more sufficient.

Nr, yeah Memphis is a good school. They came to watch a game.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I disagree with your statement that being 4-0 means NOTHING! But, that's the beauty of these boards, we can ALL disagree to disagree!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I for one am extremely excited to see our kids at 4-0. Smyrna not being as good as they were last year...blah, blah,blah! They should have won their last game...even without Mr. Gray! Smyrna has always had La Vergne's number...don't know why...and it really doesn't matter if they're a great team that year or not. So, enuff of the SMYRNA chit-chat...this is a La Vergne board! Having said all that, I'm so proud of our guys. We take one game at a time and therefore it's LEBANON we'll be checking out this week. Seems like we have a great coaching staff that will no doubt have the team well prepared. It's up to the players, the coaching staff, the fans and THE BIG MAN upstairs. I think that everyone is pumped up over this homecoming game and the fact that we get to play Lebanon! I'm predicting a homecoming win for the Wolverines. Then, maybe, everyone can take us a little more seriously. Let's get this win under our belts...I for one B-E-L-I-E-V-E!!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I disagree with your statement that being 4-0 means NOTHING! But, that's the beauty of these boards, we can ALL disagree to disagree!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I for one am extremely excited to see our kids at 4-0. Smyrna not being as good as they were last year...blah, blah,blah! They should have won their last game...even without Mr. Gray! Smyrna has always had La Vergne's number...don't know why...and it really doesn't matter if they're a great team that year or not. So, enuff of the SMYRNA chit-chat...this is a La Vergne board! Having said all that, I'm so proud of our guys. We take one game at a time and therefore it's LEBANON we'll be checking out this week. Seems like we have a great coaching staff that will no doubt have the team well prepared. It's up to the players, the coaching staff, the fans and THE BIG MAN upstairs. I think that everyone is pumped up over this homecoming game and the fact that we get to play Lebanon! I'm predicting a homecoming win for the Wolverines. Then, maybe, everyone can take us a little more seriously. Let's get this win under our belts...I for one B-E-L-I-E-V-E!!

"I for one am extremely excited to see our kids at 4-0. Smyrna not being as good as they were last year...blah, blah,blah! They should have won their last game...even without Mr. Gray! Smyrna has always had La Vergne's number...don't know why...and it really doesn't matter if they're a great team that year or not."

that is exactly why lavergne looses these games. You are playing the biggest game of the year and all Lavergne fans want to talk about------------------------------------------------ SMYRNA

hsfootball

please dont let this happen ---- focus focus focus on Lebanon dont let folks distract you giddy over the possibilty of Smyrna not being very good this year and it is now Lavergnes year. Me and you both know you haven't hit the tough part of the region schedule and this game could be for the region championship

I am serious keep them focused and ready. All Smyrna is pulling for you because if Lebanon loses 2 region games Smyrna then controls its on destiny if Lebanon loses only one it gets complicated and if they go undefeated then of course they win the region so BEAT LEBANON.

I will save this quote for later in the season though /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Smyrna not being as good as they were last year

I guess we will find that out in a few weeks

"I for one am extremely excited to see our kids at 4-0. Smyrna not being as good as they were last year...blah, blah,blah! They should have won their last game...even without Mr. Gray! Smyrna has always had La Vergne's number...don't know why...and it really doesn't matter if they're a great team that year or not."

that is exactly why lavergne looses these games. You are playing the biggest game of the year and all Lavergne fans want to talk about------------------------------------------------ SMYRNA

hsfootball

please dont let this happen ---- focus focus focus on Lebanon dont let folks distract you giddy over the possibilty of Smyrna not being very good this year and it is now Lavergnes year. Me and you both know you haven't hit the tough part of the region schedule and this game could be for the region championship

I am serious keep them focused and ready. All Smyrna is pulling for you because if Lebanon loses 2 region games Smyrna then controls its on destiny if Lebanon loses only one it gets complicated and if they go undefeated then of course they win the region so BEAT LEBANON.

I will save this quote for later in the season though /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I guess we will find that out in a few weeks

You need to save that quote I guess because what I said was: "All this talk about Smyrna not being as good as they were last year is a bunch of baloney...they are a good team and like I said...should have won last week without Sonny" . So you see friend, I'm not bashing Smyrna as not being as good....look elsewhere when you start talking smack. In fact, I pretty much said that you guys have our number. Apology accepted even if there is none offered.../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />!!