Smyrna Vs. Blackman

seantn_4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're surprised? As long as that kid has breath in his body....he will play. He is that much of a competitor.

not surprised that the kid would want to play

...so if he does play...i am assuming that all involved have decided that it is in the best interest of sonny...i know they care for there kids at smyrna...no doubt

I guess he could but I would be shocked if he does.

The doctors will decide if he can play then the coach not the other way around.

The decision is simple if there is any chance for further injury or permanent injury the player doesn't play.

If it is just a pain thing then they play at the level they can tolerate and every player is different.

I look for Smyrna to play their best game of the year tonight just based on being around the team for then past several years.

I can't describe it but something clicked in the second half of the BA game and suddenly for the 1st time this years "team" stepped up and last years team was put in the history books where it respectfully belolngs

I for one will be one of many giving sonny a standing ovation if he plays because lets face it he has his scholarship and baseball future ahead and a great legacy already established so from a personal standpoint he doesn't have anything to prove to anyone

for tonight remeber these 2 words jeremiah bryson

good tough region win

smyrna did what they had to do to win

sonny was probably about 60% and rarely tried to throw any deep or intermediate routes just littlr outs and screens

bryson ran hard

rod wilkes had his worst game ever and he would probably tell you the same. If he catches a couple of those balls its probably 21 or 28 to zero

Blackman rarely was a threat to score they tried t eh 1st 3 qtrs to throw a little and to get out side. Smyrnas defense can flat run side to side and shut that down. blackman ran a lot of qb iso plays the 4th qtr with a little success but could never finish a drive. Seemed to be waiting for a big play

Smyrna is still alive in the playoff picture and with Gallatin and an open week smyrna will be able to get everyone back to 100% for the region stretch.

Blackman has 4 winable region games left there losses to riverdale,smyrna and Lavergne show they can play with anyone.

Good win bulldogs especially the defense that has not given up a point in 7 qtrs

Can someone please explaine why Sonny played?? Is it really worth it to risk it?? You have a guaranty @ vandy 4 sure & a posibility of the Braves so why risk a major injury? I understand the Team needs him but it should be a TEAM not a SONNY TEAM!! they should be able to play w/out him.. I think it is amazing that he is putting the team/school ahead of himself & best of luck to him. Congrats on the win.. Just hope the risk of continuing to play him does not come back to haunt him later..

Can someone please explaine why Sonny played?? Is it really worth it to risk it?? You have a guaranty @ vandy 4 sure & a posibility of the Braves so why risk a major injury? I understand the Team needs him but it should be a TEAM not a SONNY TEAM!! they should be able to play w/out him.. I think it is amazing that he is putting the team/school ahead of himself & best of luck to him. Congrats on the win.. Just hope the risk of continuing to play him does not come back to haunt him later..

lets dont be so dramatic

sonny has a bruise a very deep bruise and is sore there is nothing structural or anything he could damage further so why not play?

sonny was at about 60% last night because even though it was his non throwing shoulder it still hurts to follow through.

I said before the game 2 words Jeremiah Bryson well ---------- 146 yards and a td.

I will now say one word ---- defense!! Smyrna defense is flat out getting it done and can fly to the ball. 7 quarters without a score and the second shut out of the season.

Interesting score comparisons

smyrna beats blackman by exactly what riverddale beat them by

riverdale beats siegel by a similar score as smyrna did

lavergne losses to lebanon by 1 smyrna lost to them by 3

IT IS GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING!

Last2know...those of us who have been around for awhile know that Smyrna likes to overdramatize their injuries in the press. I don't think Sonny was hurt anywhere as badly as it was made out to be in the paper.

All I will say is this reeked of a WOLKE........cat knows what I am talking about! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

2p - Sonny is pretty banged up, if you saw him come off the sidelines the drive he got hurt, they checked him out, took off his pads, he sat there for about 2minutes of the game clock being checked out, and there are pictures of him that appear to have him crying. I don't think the injury was inflated more than it was, I just think he toughed it out. Thats just my opinion though.

As I said sonny was about 60% last night.

It was really a matter of how much pain he could take. At about 60% though he is still pretty good.

Last nights win though was not about sonny it was about controlling the tempo running the ball and playing defense.

It is a great win when you win with your star qb banged up and your star wr playing the absolute worst game of his carrer (4 or 5 drops)

A great "team" victory and it goes out to the o line - jeremiah bryson and the defense