Smyrna Vs. Blackman

seantn_4

Just confirmed information

Sonny Gray is fine, good movement in his shoulder he is nearly 100% and he should be 100% by friday and will play.

Smyrna should get back a few others that missed the Brentwood Academy game also and should be close to 100% of their starters this friday.

That may change things just a tad

"IF Sonny can play then great bring it on."

OK

One blessing from Sonny being out 2 and half qtrs against brentwood academy is that Smyrna found out they can line up in the eye and pound it if they have to and this makes doubling rod a huge problem

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just confirmed information

Sonny Gray is fine, good movement in his shoulder he is nearly 100% and he should be 100% by friday and will play.

Smyrna should get back a few others that missed the Brentwood Academy game also and should be close to 100% of their starters this friday.

That may change things just a tad

"IF Sonny can play then great bring it on."

OK

One blessing from Sonny being out 2 and half qtrs against brentwood academy is that Smyrna found out they can line up in the eye and pound it if they have to and this makes doubling rod a huge problem

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

What's the probability that Coach Shad might keep him out another week or two? Sonny seems like the kind of guy that WANTS to play no matter what. I for one (and believe me, I'm not a Smyrna fan) would like to see him sit out at least this next week. I know this is not his throwing arm, but baseball is his future. It just seems like once you get an injury you can re-aggravate it or worse, get another type of injury....just seems you're more susceptible to injuries. I want him to be 100% when he joins the Commodores. I wish nothing but the best for him....just seems like with your next opponent, it might be better for Smyrna to get your 2nd string QB a little more playing time for the future. Any thoughts on this????

Cat, that is great news. I am so glad for Sonny. Not glad for the rest of us that haven't played you guys though.

What about Day? Is he still out for the season? Torres?

Day is done for the year his surgery went well but he had a lot more injured than the typical turf toe.

Torres I am not sure I think he may miss this week

We get one of our best and fastest d lineman back in Jeremy King and that will help not only because he is good but also because it keeps us from having to play so many both ways.

Have you looked at the remaining schedule for everyone? It is going to be a tough 6 weeks.

As far as the region right now Lavergne is in the drivers seat and smyrna is just trying to win a game

Cat, that is great news. I am so glad for Sonny. Not glad for the rest of us that haven't played you guys though.

What about Day? Is he still out for the season? Torres?

Day is out for the season, and this hurts Smyrna more than anything.. just his presence on the field... But he will still be there on the side lines.. As for Torres he should be back this week

Yes, Day surely is missed. He is one of those emotional leaders on the field that helps keep everyone pumped up. Had he committed to anyone yet?

Also......guess yall forgot that Riverdale is tied with Lavergne at 4-0 with 2-0 in the region??

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I haven't forgot ya Priceless!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Keep on keeping on....that makes for great future match-ups!!

I sure didn't forget I know exactly where everyone is in the region standings and who still plays who

The 1st thing is simple win all your region games and that takes care of a lot

The 2nd thing----------------------------- hope eveerybody else beats everybody else as often as possible

I imagine every team has looked to see what benefits them I will tell you Smyrna plain and simple

lebanon need to lose 2 region games -- if that happens then smyrna can control its own destiny and that is not far fetched since lebanon has only played one region game and still has

lavergne

riverdale

wc

oakland

blackman

siegel

but if you dont win your games then what others do matters little

After attending the Blackman/ Brentwood game I will have to say that Blackman had better bring their "A" game if they want to even want to come close to wining. Learn a few more offencive plays (That work) and get a little more experience on the field when you can. I find it VERY humorus that the Brentwood coaching staff was more concerned about number 31 Shawn Pope being put in the game than the Blackman coaches were about putting the young man (A senior with 2 years of varsity experience) in to play even a down in the first half. Wake up and learn how to utilize your talent and experience! Smyrna will probably win but hopefully not by much!

im not so convinced, last year a much lesser blackman team put up 34 points on what at this point seems to be a much stronger smyrna team, were only down 1 score going into the 4th i believe. agree or disagree, the playing field is more evened out this year. both teams come in 2-2, blackman has already matched their 2006 win total and smyrna has already matched their 2006 loss total.

course i'll have to go see my warriors 1st and foremost (in what appears might be a blowout), but i have every intention of heading to blackman to see the 4th quarter of this game like i did last year (riverdale was at lavergne that night and had the game in the bag). hopefully it wont disappoint, should be a great football game.