Smyrna Vs. Blackman

seantn_4

Can someone please explaine why Sonny played?? Is it really worth it to risk it?? You have a guaranty @ vandy 4 sure & a posibility of the Braves so why risk a major injury? I understand the Team needs him but it should be a TEAM not a SONNY TEAM!! they should be able to play w/out him.. I think it is amazing that he is putting the team/school ahead of himself & best of luck to him. Congrats on the win.. Just hope the risk of continuing to play him does not come back to haunt him later..

I know with today's culture that it is amazing that someone would put their team and school ahead of themselves. All these kids see from the pro's are primadonas that only care about themselves and their check. I think that this just goes to the character of the kid. In my opinion, we need more examples of this kind. Now if it were a non-region game, he probably wouldn't have played from what I have read, but he understood the importance this game had for his TEAM! I wasn't there, but from what Cat has said is that even though he wasn't at 100%, his presence was what the TEAM needed to help them through. We need more examples of this leadership from every level of athletics.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd and 9 draw play?

Sick of the coaching.

Sick of it.

Great Coaches last week when the blaze win....tired of them this week? When you are a coach, you thoughts will mean something, but as of right now...quit your whinning...lol

Negative plays and turnovers killed the blaze..they were inside the smyrna 10 once, inside the smyrna 20 once and inside the 30 a couple times....they prolly left at least 14 points on the field...I know you want to blame the coaches...but the coaches cant play for them..

and about throwing it deep...if you have watched any games...wallace cant throw the ball vertical..plus the outside recievers dropped multiple balls the other nite

heres what sonny's presence did at just 60%

with sonny - blackman has to play straight up defense and respect the pass - bryson runs for 142 and 1 td

without sonny - blackman goes man to man and puts as many as they can get in the box -bryson runs for ???

believe it or not sonny only threw for around 85 yards so it was definetly his presence more than his ability that counted on that night

Great Coaches last week when the blaze win....tired of them this week? When you are a coach, you thoughts will mean something, but as of right now...quit your whinning...lol

Negative plays and turnovers killed the blaze..they were inside the smyrna 10 once, inside the smyrna 20 once and inside the 30 a couple times....they prolly left at least 14 points on the field...I know you want to blame the coaches...but the coaches cant play for them..

and about throwing it deep...if you have watched any games...wallace cant throw the ball vertical..plus the outside recievers dropped multiple balls the other nite

I have never said Blackman had great coaching..never..

And Wallace can throw the ball vertically if he takes a 4 step drop and gets rid of it.

I don't want to blame the coaches. It's the coaches fault. One busted screen play and they're not going to call another all night. The coaches need to tell Wallace to read who is on Daniel Colbert and if there is a safety back or not. Big plays beat teams like Riverdale and Smyrna. Not 3rd and 9 draw plays.