Smyrna Vs. Blackman

seantn_4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After attending the Blackman/ Brentwood game I will have to say that Blackman had better bring their "A" game if they want to even want to come close to wining. Learn a few more offencive plays (That work) and get a little more experience on the field when you can. I find it VERY humorus that the Brentwood coaching staff was more concerned about number 31 Shawn Pope being put in the game than the Blackman coaches were about putting the young man (A senior with 2 years of varsity experience) in to play even a down in the first half. Wake up and learn how to utilize your talent and experience! Smyrna will probably win but hopefully not by much!

Im glad to see that disgruntled parents parents have somewhere to vent thier frustrations.

Im sorry if you feel that playing two years gives you the right to start, but im sure the coaches are going to start the best 11. Why wouldnt u, if #31 was clearly better...he would play.

And even if an underclassman and a senior have the same skill level, why wouldnt you start the young kid? The young guys are the future.

Why was the brentwood coaches concerned about #31, how many TDs or tackles does he have this season?

Im glad to see that disgruntled parents parents have somewhere to vent thier frustrations.

Im sorry if you feel that playing two years gives you the right to start, but im sure the coaches are going to start the best 11. Why wouldnt u, if #31 was clearly better...he would play.

And even if an underclassman and a senior have the same skill level, why wouldnt you start the young kid? The young guys are the future.

Why was the brentwood coaches concerned about #31, how many TDs or tackles does he have this season?

vol dawg...am i reading this right??? was that pope's dad who posted the complaints about pope not playing???

vol dawg...am i reading this right??? was that pope's dad who posted the complaints about pope not playing???

You obviously do not know "Pope's" dad. He won't touch a computer. And no player should expect that a position is theirs because of their seniority. But a player that has proven himself in battle should be given the chance to show himself before he is told to "stand there till someone screws up" (notice the quotes) I don't even live in Murfreesboro, I just have travelled to see Blackman play for the last 3 or 4 years and yep Pope is one of my favorites, so if you have a problem with his dad I suggest you be man enough to confront him about that. Other than that let the young men prove themselves on the field and give those that deserve achance to play their last year of football a chance. ENOUGH!!! GO BLACKMAN!!!!!

You obviously do not know "Pope's" dad. He won't touch a computer. And no player should expect that a position is theirs because of their seniority. But a player that has proven himself in battle should be given the chance to show himself before he is told to "stand there till someone screws up" (notice the quotes) I don't even live in Murfreesboro, I just have travelled to see Blackman play for the last 3 or 4 years and yep Pope is one of my favorites, so if you have a problem with his dad I suggest you be man enough to confront him about that. Other than that let the young men prove themselves on the field and give those that deserve achance to play their last year of football a chance. ENOUGH!!! GO BLACKMAN!!!!!

i see pope's dad nearly everyday at practice...i asked the question to vol dawg because it seemed he was suggesting that pope's dad was "seemorepop"...and that would be hard for me to believe...that he would get on here and whine...i would be shocked if he did because he seems to be a good man...with a good head on his shoulders who would never do that...to hide behind a computer screen and whine about his son not playing...no way mr. pope would do that...i asked the question because i was in shock that someone would suggest that and just wanted to make sure i was reading it right

but if folks will check your post...they will see that this is not the first time you have complained about blackman players not getting playing time...see august...you are making it way to obvious that you must be kin folk

if mr. pope did write it...i woud tell him...FACE TO FACE...you need to grow up and quit whinning on coach t about playing time for your kid

the only problem i have with mr. pope is...he likes the tenn. vols (smile)

as to being a man...you are the one that needs to do what you tell others to do...you obviously have a problem with pope not playing...then step up and confront the coaches face to face...be a man as you put it

be a man and tell us who you are...quit hiding behind the screen...if we know who you are then we know your motives...tell us your football pedigree that will inform us of why you know more than the blackman coaches of who plays and who does not...you know who i am...my coach t name gives me away...nothing to hide...then tell us why you have a dog in this fight...

if we knew who you are...it would be clear to all why you get on here and whine...be a man seemorepop...

and if you have a problem with me...be a man and confront me face to face...i am at nearly every practice and am at every game...jeff patton is the name...i would love to have a conversation about whinning on coach t...smile...and just for the record...this is IN NO WAY A PHYSICAL CHALLENGE...i am a lover in my old age..not a fighter...smile again

real men talk things out...real men do not whine...real men go to the source...talk football on coach t...no one wants to hear whinning about why some obscure high school kid is not playing...that goes for my kid or anyone else's...no matter how good they supposedly are

and for the record...i think the blackman coaches are doing a great job...and i have told them so...face to face... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry about that -- Not a parent, or a parent of a parent. Just a long distant Blackman Fan. The young man has made no TD's (not given a chance) and correct me if I'm wrong, he was special teams player of the week against LC. So I think Brentwood probably remembers him from spring scrimmage. HE WAS THERE! and from the game film from LC. Just my humble opinion

Make no mistake about it, Smyrna is the team to beat this year in the region. They have the total package. Getting beaten by Brentwood Academy is nothing to be ashamed of. I would much rather be playing a defending state champion as a non-region game, instead of a cupcake. It will pay dividends in the future. Don't be surprised of this game is the game that puts Smyrna back on track. Blackman is a good team, but Smyrna is the class of the region until proven otherwise.

??? Didn't Lebanon Beat you there in the region aren't they /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

??? Didn't Lebanon Beat you there in the region aren't they /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yes they are, and yes they beat us. I also know that they too will taste defeat in our region. I know that we still have Blackman, Oakland, Lavergne, Wilson Central, and Riverdale to play. So as you can plainly see, all is not lost. It is only my opinion, that we are the best team in our region. I would have to say at this time that Lavergne is a close second.

Yes they are, and yes they beat us. I also know that they too will taste defeat in our region. I know that we still have Blackman, Oakland, Lavergne, Wilson Central, and Riverdale to play. So as you can plainly see, all is not lost. It is only my opinion, that we are the best team in our region. I would have to say at this time that Lavergne is a close second.

The records count, not the opinions. That is why the records are more important than opinions. This is not the NCAA BCS. This is earned on the fieald. Based on records the best teams in the region are Lavergne and Riverdale.

Make no mistake about it, Smyrna is the team to beat this year in the region. They have the total package. Getting beaten by Brentwood Academy is nothing to be ashamed of. I would much rather be playing a defending state champion as a non-region game, instead of a cupcake. It will pay dividends in the future. Don't be surprised of this game is the game that puts Smyrna back on track. Blackman is a good team, but Smyrna is the class of the region until proven otherwise.

hhmmm...i thought riverdale won the region last year!... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

and for the record...i think the blackman coaches are doing a great job...and i have told them so...face to face... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't agree with the fact that Blackman coaches have done a terrific job. During preseason scrimmages Blackman experimented with a few more power formations in which the Blackman offense ran efficiently. I am by no means the coach, and I have no clue how consistent that offense was during that short period, however running a spread formation throughout the entirety of the Riverdale game was not so smart..Seeing as Wallace doesn't have the strongest arm. To move the chains against a defense much faster than your team, you must have a quarterback that has arm strength, or line up I formation and pound the ball down the gut. I am by no means saying Wallace is a bad Quarterback. He is a fine quarterback that gets the job done and makes smart reads. Blackman coaches have done a fine job this year. I just don't understand the way they gameplan. Wallace is fast, but he's not unstoppable by any means.