Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

Not disagreeing with you or agreeing with you, because I wasn't at the game, but that report sounds a lot like a Tennessee fan on a call in show.

Like I said earlier no one complains about the play calling when it works. With that said you are probably right, we just don't have a Tyler Brown type guy at wide out that can take pressure off the running game.

I disagree that we don`t have a guy that can make plays down the field(the fade to Stepp I`ve been screaming for work to perfections last night), we don`t want to make plays down field. And even if I agreed with you that we don`t have the weapons to attack down field there are other ways of taking pressure off of the running game. You`d be surprise how many yds you can gain off of a 5-7yd stop route, considering most teams play their corners off the WR's, the stop route is almost always there. DB blitzed like there was no tomorrow, we threw ONE screen pass. DB played with one safety back(and by back I mean 5yds behind the LB's), we attacked what looked to me like a weak link at CB one time. We don`t need a Tyler Brown at WR to pass the ball, we just need the will. It may be time for Brimer #2 to take over play calling because we run well beyond a conservative offense, looks to me like a downright scared to attack offense.

BTW, I`ve complained about our passing game(or lackof) after almost every game win or loss because I knew what was down the road. We aren`t just going to run all over the teams we play, that junk may work against the Cocke County's of the world, but not the teams that stand between us and the playoffs. They take as much pride in defense and stopping the run as our defense does.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you had to make fun of my name.. my respect for you is decling very fast.. I hope you still aren't upset from baseball. I mean you have to admit that I was completely correct. ahaha. good times. I wish those threads still existed. I loved reading them. lots of good laughs. I can't wait for your poll next week.. keep this thread about the game..

congrats to DB for a region win. Those are always inportant no matter who it was against.

Whow! After buttering up WaCo you cut him down in the post.WaCo in cause you missed it . ihavenofriendszz is a Farragut fan who trashed talked DB baseball last year all the way to the end.He turned into a South Doyle fan as soon as Farragut was knocked out of the district.He got his user name and is proud of it because,he flipped of some fans at a basketball game,caused a big rucus, and may be blackballed by his own school.If you noticed he came rite on this thread after Farragut lost last nite.Still a wantabe,still wanting to be noticed.

Ignore him.he is trouble. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congrats TO ALL THE INDIANS, great win tonight against a good team!!!!!!!

Hats off to the offense! Defense as always great job!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Build on this and ROLL TRIBE ROLL! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Gray Ghost - u mentioned Bobby Hill in an earlier post.Who was the QB about that time that never ran it or passed it,just handed the ball off to hill every play?We were trying to remember.Thanks.

Rupley Ring finally starting throwing a ball that was catchable.Bart did have a breakout game.So did Crawford and Lane,Slyvester, and alot of other players on the team.The play calling was the best it has been all year,that makes a big difference,Again more points could have been scored.Sensabaugh, I thought had a good game starting on varsity.Lawson looked good at fullback also.Rupley look in Fridays paper at the stats. on the big East Conf. Take into consideration that 2 of dukharts tds were kickoff returns.Enough said.I hope we didn't leave any dumplins in dumplin valley. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Totally agree with you on players break out games and play calling being the best its been all year. I like how they rotated in #45 Jordan Lawson and #32 Chris Sensabaugh on offense and #9 James Tempelton on defense. Did a good job and got some reps, will help down the road. I was wondering why #18 Clayton Kilgore and #14 Reid King weren't on the field much. I believe they were unable to practice due to illness earlier in the week.

In mentioning the Ring to Dukart connection I didn't mean for touchdowns or big yardage. I meant that Dukart is usually who caught the 1 or 2 passes for decent yardage in the previous four games. I didnt expect the stats to be stellar.

Its called coaching.

uh oh here we go again! Geez you just ran off the last 2 coaches. One had won a gold ball at Alcoa and is doing a pretty good job at WB and the last one had won a gold ball at Oakland...but it's always the coaching /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

uh oh here we go again! Geez you just ran off the last 2 coaches. One had won a gold ball at Alcoa and is doing a pretty good job at WB and the last one had won a gold ball at Oakland...but it's always the coaching /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Who said it was the head coach? Oh and no one ran off Meadows, you need to get your facts straight