Greeneville v. Cocke County

TDArtist

So why don't you talk about football instead of alienating your fanbase...not gonna get much love from your home crowd by bashing the band. Eliminate the band and see how many butts are in your stands. 140 kids have a lot of family up there. You want to criticize fans, why not take a swing at Greeneville's student section....they have been pretty lame since they retired the tree. At Boone, they stood blocking our view all game and I didn't hear a peep out of them. South's student section was fired up and I am sure Cocke County will be representing. Maybe someone should light a fire under our kids then you wouldn't need the band parents to make some noise.

Hey i haven't gotten much love from the older side of this fan base anyways this year. I am still waiting for an apology to everyone for bashing me about calling curt phillips mediocre. I will say good performance the other nite but ur not that great!!!!!!!!

You know, I sit in amongst a lot of band parents and football parents and there always seems to be plenty of fans on their feet yelling and cheering...and I knew exactly who those kids were with the tree...I still had a daughter in school that year. And I am desperately trying to get this conversation back to football and all you former jocks can do is bash the band and their parents. Heck I haven't had a kid in school in more than 4 years,(and she wasn't in the band)and I haven't missed more than 4 or 5 games since. And I will walk down to Burley on Friday for the Cocke County game, sit amongst the band parents and stand on the bleachers and scream my little old gray head off. Oh ....and if that limp student section isn't going to support their team they should just sit down and not block everyone elses view.

Yeah well i am just glad that tree is gone. Whats up with u bashing former jocks on here i am alarmed at the fanbase on here that work at greeneville high school and during work hours have the time to get on here and post. Hey and honestly how many times in the past year or two has Principal Ayers said anything about the student section disgracing greeneville high school there is u a topic started. Eat some of that

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But back to the game this week. This seems to be the one game that Greeneville will be able to let loose in.I think Jordan will easily throw for 250yds and that this is just gonna be a great game to watch. From both an offensive side for the devils and for the defense who now has to prove they won't let an opponent break the big one. The oline did a great job last week by protecting jordan. I hope this week the coach lets his seniors wr's play if the ball is put in there face grant, trey,j.g will catch it. The juniors will have there chance next year. I loved watching the oline pull out and block for jeremy barner on the screens hopefully we will see more of that. Jordan u had faith this week in carrying the ball continue to do so. The new offensive schemes looked very good. The defensive line looked better last week they weren't up against that great of an oline and i didn't get blown into the lb's that hurt in the db game. The Linebackers look like they are coming together nicely and they covered the receivers really well. Secondary great job eddie even though u get heck about ur size u make the tackles need to keep the opponent from getting in the endzone. Well devils thanks for making my sn look much better this week keep up the good work.

Hey i haven't gotten much love from the older side of this fan base anyways this year. I am still waiting for an apology to everyone for bashing me about calling curt phillips mediocre. I will say good performance the other nite but ur not that great!!!!!!!!

You know, I sit in amongst a lot of band parents and football parents and there always seems to be plenty of fans on their feet yelling and cheering...and I knew exactly who those kids were with the tree...I still had a daughter in school that year. And I am desperately trying to get this conversation back to football and all you former jocks can do is bash the band and their parents. Heck I haven't had a kid in school in more than 4 years,(and she wasn't in the band)and I haven't missed more than 4 or 5 games since. And I will walk down to Burley on Friday for the Cocke County game, sit amongst the band parents and stand on the bleachers and scream my little old gray head off. Oh ....and if that limp student section isn't going to support their team they should just sit down and not block everyone elses view.

Yeah well i am just glad that tree is gone. Whats up with u bashing former jocks on here i am alarmed at the fanbase on here that work at greeneville high school and during work hours have the time to get on here and post. Hey and honestly how many times in the past year or two has Principal Ayers said anything about the student section disgracing greeneville high school there is u a topic started. Eat some of that

Awww now I always thought Jerry looked better when he was mad /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that apology...it was not an intelligent statement considering he carried his team...

What school employees are you referring to?

But back to the game this week. This seems to be the one game that Greeneville will be able to let loose in.I think Jordan will easily throw for 250yds and that this is just gonna be a great game to watch. From both an offensive side for the devils and for the defense who now has to prove they won't let an opponent break the big one. The oline did a great job last week by protecting jordan. I hope this week the coach lets his seniors wr's play if the ball is put in there face grant, trey,j.g will catch it. The juniors will have there chance next year. I loved watching the oline pull out and block for jeremy barner on the screens hopefully we will see more of that. Jordan u had faith this week in carrying the ball continue to do so. The new offensive schemes looked very good. The defensive line looked better last week they weren't up against that great of an oline and i didn't get blown into the lb's that hurt in the db game. The Linebackers look like they are coming together nicely and they covered the receivers really well. Secondary great job eddie even though u get heck about ur size u make the tackles need to keep the opponent from getting in the endzone. Well devils thanks for making my sn look much better this week keep up the good work.

Those 2 stops Eddie had against South saved a TD and perhaps the W. Jordan looked more confident than I have ever seen him...really showed a lot of maturity. This should carry over to this weeks game.

Since no one is really talking about football, I'm gonna talk about the band. The band is the reason that Greeneville's crowd is so quiet at games. They sit there until lil' Johnny or whoever toots their little horn. They get a standing ovation every time. Do something different every week and you'll deserve that standing ovation. They start at the first of the summer and do the same ten minute performance for the whole season. Change it up and you might deserve a ovation, probably not a standing one. Football parents support the band by eating from there concession stand. So the band parents should support the football team and give them a little love when something good happens, instead of sitting there on their butt.

wasqbnowcoach-Could not have said it better myself!!! When the new stadium is built, there will be a concession stand that will support athletics!!! Sorry band...its time to share the wealth!!!!

Thanks for backing me up on here buddy i got chewed out by someone for saying the exact same thing but i was quickly told that the band parents were on there feet most of the game. I feel the same way they have all this time to practice why not change it up its just a darn practice until they go to there meets on saturday and say yeah i have finally won a trophy at something.

They don't win trophy's...everybody gets a feel good BLUE ribbon!

wasqbnowcoach-Could not have said it better myself!!! When the new stadium is built, there will be a concession stand that will support athletics!!! Sorry band...its time to share the wealth!!!!

yall should go on the band board i made a poll asking if band is a sport or not. for some reason they think it is.