Rankings Week 5

mjuhb

Big win for CAK against Knox Webb (I am suprised there weren't many comments about that one) I wasn't there, so I don't know much more than the score, but congrats CAK!

CAK won 2-1. Mary scored our second goal within 10 minutes of the start of the game, so CAK lead 2-0 for the entire game until there 5 minutes left and Grace Milner scored. Katie Proud had some awesome runs but couldn't get anything in. It was a very exciting game to watch.

That is all the information I have from the CAK vs. Webb. I got it from one of my players parents. Anybody know who scored the first goal for CAK?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from this past weekend, there have been a few threads about running up the scores, how to work in a mismatched game, etc. My daughter's team was in McMinn Co Tournament and drew DB first thing saturday morning; and our girls were outmatched. That ol' goalkeeper that's coaching DB did an impressive job of keeping up the pressure, allowing our girls to stay in the game, and did NOT run up the score.

I don't believe I'm giving him too much credit, it was little things they did like, good midfield development, corner run, cut back and a finish, right to our keeper. The same striker had shredded our defense early, and it appeared to ME (I could be wrong) apparently "choosing" to not put one up. Most of our team didn't get the sense they were over their heads and played as hard as they could.

I might add, the DB girls played with dignity.

Congratulations to them for their tournament finish and good luck in their post season.

And Congratulations to Bobby and the McMinn County Cherokees (is that PC?) for doing a superior job on the weekend. Most of our girls had never been in a Soccer tournament and really enjoyed themselves; and we won 2 out of 3.

CAK won 2-1. Mary scored our second goal within 10 minutes of the start of the game, so CAK lead 2-0 for the entire game until there 5 minutes left and Grace Milner scored. Katie Proud had some awesome runs but couldn't get anything in. It was a very exciting game to watch.

That is all the information I have from the CAK vs. Webb. I got it from one of my players parents. Anybody know who scored the first goal for CAK?

Brittany Hoffman