USJ vs. Dresden

VOLSfan11

I don't see how this was such a big win. It should have been expected. Dresden lost a good class last year and are down 9 projected starters from what they had in the spring. USJ did what they should have, won easily against 6 or 7 freshmen and sophmore starters. These youngesters will grow up one day though. It was a clean game with out any injuries that I recall. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year, they will both need it in region 8-2A.

6 or 7 fresmen and sophomore starters... well USJ played with all fresmen and sophomores the whole second half and still outscored them 12-8. and it should have been 14-8, but USJ decided to neel it on all PATs for the rest of the game as good spormanship.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said it was a bad win. I just thought it was implied(my mistake I guess) that it was a big accomplishment to win this game. USJ played well against a depleted team and took home an easy win as they should have, just as happened the last two years for Dresden. I did not mean to diminish their win. The second half scores were against all freshmen and sophmores also. I was just trying to give the other side of a lopsided score. Dresden is going through a variety of problems that has taken them from a good team to a team just trying to survive until the offseason. They were going to be thin and to lose the numbers they have is devestating to a program that is limited on athletes anyway. It is ashamed for the seniors and the coaching staff to have to fight such an uphill battle, but it will turn back around one day. My best wishes go to both teams, it was a clean game with little or no injuries that I know of. Unfortunately for Dresden the most physical teams are still to play.

I never said it was a bad win. I just thought it was implied(my mistake I guess) that it was a big accomplishment to win this game. USJ played well against a depleted team and took home an easy win as they should have, just as happened the last two years for Dresden. I did not mean to diminish their win. The second half scores were against all freshmen and sophmores also. I was just trying to give the other side of a lopsided score. Dresden is going through a variety of problems that has taken them from a good team to a team just trying to survive until the offseason. They were going to be thin and to lose the numbers they have is devestating to a program that is limited on athletes anyway. It is ashamed for the seniors and the coaching staff to have to fight such an uphill battle, but it will turn back around one day. My best wishes go to both teams, it was a clean game with little or no injuries that I know of. Unfortunately for Dresden the most physical teams are still to play.

So are you considering USJ to not be as physical as other teams such as Milan, Westview, or Trenton? I believe last year USJ hung with all teams, with the exception of Humboldt and Milan. That doesn't mean that they aren't physical. I believe USJ will prove you wrong through the rest of the year. Already they took Humboldt into overtime.

6 or 7 fresmen and sophomore starters... well USJ played with all fresmen and sophomores the whole second half and still outscored them 12-8. and it should have been 14-8, but USJ decided to neel it on all PATs for the rest of the game as good spormanship.

ok i happen to be one of the 6 or 7 sophmore and freshmen starters and if i recall doesnt usj pay people to come to their school arent they just little rich boys that are spoiled to death and have everything handed to them?????? oh my bad i must be mistaken them for someone else. we have a freshmen QB. 2 sophmores not over 200 punds on the line. 3 seniors, 2 of them playing hurt. rb has a broke arm. wr torn acl. sophmore linebackers. sohpmore runningbacks. freshmen db's. you fuigure it up give us a couple of years and keep talking usj, can keep playing their recruits.

ok i happen to be one of the 6 or 7 sophmore and freshmen starters and if i recall doesnt usj pay people to come to their school arent they just little rich boys that are spoiled to death and have everything handed to them?????? oh my bad i must be mistaken them for someone else. we have a freshmen QB. 2 sophmores not over 200 punds on the line. 3 seniors, 2 of them playing hurt. rb has a broke arm. wr torn acl. sophmore linebackers. sohpmore runningbacks. freshmen db's. you fuigure it up give us a couple of years and keep talking usj, can keep playing their recruits.

[/quot

For some reason yall weren't saying that last year when dresden defeated USJ and the previous year when Dresden defeated USJ, so what im getting at is dont make posts trying to make excuses for defeat or try to put down another high school. Oh by the way, look at the size of USJ and compare to Dresden....Dresden dominated the size issue. Friday night, usj played as a team and showed great sportsmanship and thats what its all about.

USJ 49 DRESDEN 7. DRESDEN WILL GET PAID BACK FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS WHEN THEY HAVE STUCK IT TO USJ. USJ WILL SCORE AT WILL. THEY DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE PASS. IF DRESDENS QB GETS IN

TROUBLE HE WILL JUST THROW IN UP FOR GRABS AND WHEN HE RUNS HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS IN SLOW MOTION.IF DRESDEN DOESN'T FIND A QB THEY WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER GAME THIS YEAR,NO MATTER WHO THEY PLAY. ALSO, AS UC ,MCKENZIE AND TRENTON SHOWED,THEY HAVE NO PASS DEFENSE. THEY ONLY PLAYERS

THAT ARE AS BAD AS THE QB ARE THE CORNERBACKS. SORRY DRESDEN,IT WILL BE A VERY LONG NIGHT AGAIN FRIDAY NIGHT.

SAILAWAY...UMM AS DRESDENS COACHES, PLAYERS, FANS, AND SCHOOL ARE ALREADY AWARE OF THIS IS AND IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE A LONG SEASON FOR THEM... AND I AM ASSUMING YOUR EXPERTISE IN SO MANY AREAS WOULD PROVOKE YOU TO ATTACK KIDS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY GIVING EVERYTHING THEY HAVE... DRESDEN IS YOUNG, HURT AND UNDER A NEW HEAD COACH THAT WILL!!!! TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND, BUT IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME... SO MAYBE SAILAWAY AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO RAG ON DRESDEN ON CONTINUE TO DEMEAN AND ATTACK THESE KIDS!!! SHOULD STOP AND THINK ABOUT THEIR KIDS OR GRANDKIDS THAT WOULD BE PLAYING, AND INSTEAD OF PUTTING THEM DOWN TELL THEM TO KEEP THEIR HEAD UP AND KEEP WORKING AND TRYING THEIR BEST!!!

AND IN REGARDS TO OUR QB SITUATION... UM SAILAWAY HE IS A 14 YEAR OLD FRESHMAN!!!! (AND HE IS THE BEST OPTION DRESDEN HAS AT QB, SO IM SURE IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE BETTER DRESDEN COULD PUT IN IM SURE THE COACHES WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU... OH YEA, YOUR NOT A COACH....) WITH NO HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE THAT HAS BEEN THROWN INTO A SITUATION, THAT HAS BEEN VERY CHALLENING FOR HIM AS WELL AS THE WHOLE TEAM, WE HAVE LOST ALOT OF BIG PLAYERS ON OUR TEAM THIS SEASON, SO LETS GIVE THEM SOME ENCOURGEMENT... IN HOPES FOR BETTER GAMES... AND NO MORE INJURIES... THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT "SAILAWAY" ON DRESDENS SITUATION, BUT THEY DONT NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO TELL THEM OF THEIR STRUGGLES... I GUESS I JUST WANTED TO SAY COMMENT ON THE PROGRAM OR WHAT YOU "OBSERVE" EACH WEEK BUT LETS NOT ATTACK "KIDS"

SAILAWAY...UMM AS DRESDENS COACHES, PLAYERS, FANS, AND SCHOOL ARE ALREADY AWARE OF THIS IS AND IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE A LONG SEASON FOR THEM... AND I AM ASSUMING YOUR EXPERTISE IN SO MANY AREAS WOULD PROVOKE YOU TO ATTACK KIDS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY GIVING EVERYTHING THEY HAVE... DRESDEN IS YOUNG, HURT AND UNDER A NEW HEAD COACH THAT WILL!!!! TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND, BUT IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME... SO MAYBE SAILAWAY AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO RAG ON DRESDEN ON CONTINUE TO DEMEAN AND ATTACK THESE KIDS!!! SHOULD STOP AND THINK ABOUT THEIR KIDS OR GRANDKIDS THAT WOULD BE PLAYING, AND INSTEAD OF PUTTING THEM DOWN TELL THEM TO KEEP THEIR HEAD UP AND KEEP WORKING AND TRYING THEIR BEST!!!

AND IN REGARDS TO OUR QB SITUATION... UM SAILAWAY HE IS A 14 YEAR OLD FRESHMAN!!!! (AND HE IS THE BEST OPTION DRESDEN HAS AT QB, SO IM SURE IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE BETTER DRESDEN COULD PUT IN IM SURE THE COACHES WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU... OH YEA, YOUR NOT A COACH....) WITH NO HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE THAT HAS BEEN THROWN INTO A SITUATION, THAT HAS BEEN VERY CHALLENING FOR HIM AS WELL AS THE WHOLE TEAM, WE HAVE LOST ALOT OF BIG PLAYERS ON OUR TEAM THIS SEASON, SO LETS GIVE THEM SOME ENCOURGEMENT... IN HOPES FOR BETTER GAMES... AND NO MORE INJURIES... THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT "SAILAWAY" ON DRESDENS SITUATION, BUT THEY DONT NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO TELL THEM OF THEIR STRUGGLES... I GUESS I JUST WANTED TO SAY COMMENT ON THE PROGRAM OR WHAT YOU "OBSERVE" EACH WEEK BUT LETS NOT ATTACK "KIDS"

I completely understand what you are saying... USJ hasn't been that way for the past two years. USJ doesn't have a lot of big players either. The whole offensive line ranges from 180-220 Ibs. They haven't always won games, but they gave it their all just as Dresden did. Personally, I know how you feel and all I can say is that good things will happen to people that work hard and give it their all!

I agree with ya. This team in already in a rough sitaution with injuries, young players, not to mention the new Coach who will turn this team around they need no more down talking. I dont understand how someone can be so proud of a win, when they were picked to win anyway. But its ok cause as a former player of Coach Knott while he was at Camden I can promise that the words spoken like that from ANY USJ fan, player, anyone affiliated with them will be shut up in a few years. For those of you who are Dresden Fans keep supporting your biys and give Coach Knott his time he'll turn yall into winners in no time. With that being said Good Luck on the rest of your Season, hopefully it'll be injury free and some Good Luck will come your way.

First of all, any win is a good win. It's better than losing, even if you are suppose to win. I think USJ or any team would be happy with a win compared to a loss.

I might have missed a post but I didn't read any post negative against Dresden. They are young and in a couple of years they should be a very strong team.

As far as paying players to come to school(which Usj doesn't), Why is Dresden's QB so young? Where is their QB from last year?(who recruited him?)

First of all, any win is a good win. It's better than losing, even if you are suppose to win. I think USJ or any team would be happy with a win compared to a loss.

I might have missed a post but I didn't read any post negative against Dresden. They are young and in a couple of years they should be a very strong team.

As far as paying players to come to school(which Usj doesn't), Why is Dresden's QB so young? Where is their QB from last year?(who recruited him?)

Milan is where he is playing this year.