CBHS v MUS

Chattcity

Would some CBHS fan tell me if the following is true? I have heard from a very reliable source that their starters were in the game for the entire second half with them up 48-8 at halftime. If this is true, what's the point? If you get a starter hurt and he misses the rest of the season, how does that help you. Please tell me I have been misinformed because if I haven't, then I just lost a lot of respect for the program.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 55-14 at half-time. Carver took the opening kick and kept the ball 9 minutes, obvious due to the mercy rule. CBHS starters had the ball one possession in the 3rd quarter and went to the bench, never seeing the field in the 4th quarter.

Was your reliable source a parent who wanted their son to get off the bench?

Would some CBHS fan tell me if the following is true? I have heard from a very reliable source that their starters were in the game for the entire second half with them up 48-8 at halftime. If this is true, what's the point? If you get a starter hurt and he misses the rest of the season, how does that help you. Please tell me I have been misinformed because if I haven't, then I just lost a lot of respect for the program.

let me ask you this....what good does playing carver do? nevermind any injuries that may come from the game. in my opinion, its completely unnecessary to schedule a team that honestly has no chance. if you want to talk about someone being at risk for injury, blame the frickin' umpire that did not throw a single flag all night when defensive linemen were being (a) chop blocked (being hit low and high...not just being cut) AND (/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> drug to the ground WAY BEFORE the score got out of hand. they should have called the game like the teams were on an even playing field. worst officiating ive seen in a long time.

and how do you think carver scored at all? ill tell you. their qb would scramble away from falling bodies that were being "hog tied" from behind and heave up a prayer that sometimes found its target. watching their offense reminded me of a 5th grade team. it was pitiful. really.

It's not relevant who the source is. I just wanted to know if the starters were still in there in the second half. If they were up 55-14 and those starters got hurt on their only series of the second half and were lost for the season, how would that look? To possible jeopardize the rest of the season for one more series. Good thing the mercy rule was in place or this game might have really been ugly.

If they were up 55-14 and those starters got hurt on their only series of the second half and were lost for the season, how would that look? To possible jeopardize the rest of the season for one more series.

how would it look if on the first series, when the score was 0-0, more than one defensive linemen tore up a knee(s) because of the way the carver offensive line was chop blocking and dragging guys down once they had been beaten...yet no flag was ever thrown for holding. that would have looked real s****y on the refs' part.

looking back, i wish the starters hadnt come out in the second quarter. when a team plays like carver did, im a firm believer in rubbing their you know whats into the dirt and not feeling ashamed about it. its sad when kids are coached to play like that, or just do it on their own. take your butt whipping and accept you have zero chance of keeping the game close. pathetic.

If the refs did that, there is no excuse for it. But we aren't talking about the refs. We are not talking about feeling ashamed about beating a team bad. We are talking about when the game is already in hand and there is no chance of the other team coming back, then why would you take a chance on getting a starter hurt? For example, what if Watson goes down when you are already up 40 and you lose him for the season? Season over. You will have someone take his position but you won't replace his talent and it would all be so you could possible win by 60 instead of 40. Have some class. Build a big lead and put in the reserves.

I am still trying to figure out why CBHS & MUS are playing Carver,Northside,etc... At least MUS played Olive Branch this year and Cookville

If the refs did that, there is no excuse for it. But we aren't talking about the refs. We are not talking about feeling ashamed about beating a team bad. We are talking about when the game is already in hand and there is no chance of the other team coming back, then why would you take a chance on getting a starter hurt? For example, what if Watson goes down when you are already up 40 and you lose him for the season? Season over. You will have someone take his position but you won't replace his talent and it would all be so you could possible win by 60 instead of 40. Have some class. Build a big lead and put in the reserves.

I am still trying to figure out why CBHS & MUS are playing Carver,Northside,etc... At least MUS played Olive Branch this year and Cookville

The combining of divisions seriously screwed many Memphis' teams schedules. It limited the number of league games during the regular season as you no longer play any of the teams from Nashville. I would hope their are some big changes in the near future scheduling wise for this league.