CBHS v MUS

Chattcity

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be surprised, and may be soon. Just depends on how extensive the injury is.

You are right ... I would be surprised ... I just don't equate spinal fractures with football. I'm not a doctor neither do I play one on TV, LOL ... but in my mind ... fractured spine = long healing time. I'm severly ignorant in this regard.

from what i saw of the highlights.....typical CBHS-MUS game. Grind it out, grind it out then someone decides to score in the end. Thank God it was the Brothers again. That makes 2straight losses at Hull-Dobbs to the Brothers for MUS. Always a nice streak to keep alive. Is it 2005 all over again and maybe a different end result? haha Nah its far fetched but I would love (and lothe) to see it.

Congrats Brothers.

heck of a defensive team this year. If offense can make some of that damage, wow! They have the talent and potential to do so.

PS-Love the uniforms. Any else on board with me on that?

The Uniforms did look good, and so did MUS's stadium. First time I've been over there since they renovated and its impressive. About the game, it was definitely a thriller and everything you would want from a CBHS MUS game. Overall I felt like the officiating left a little to be desired but I feel like both sides got some cheap calls against them. Thats easy to say sitting from the stands and not putting myself out there to ref the game. Congrats to the brothers on a great win, Tide Roll.

heres the way i saw it....

Christian Brothers absolutely dominated the battle of field position, but repeatedly shot themselves in the foot on offense. theyd get down inside the red zone and have a dumb penalty such as a delay of game, holding, whatever, and then miss a field goal. kudos to the defense for stepping up and not allowing the owls to get anything rolling.

this one should not have been decided in the fourth quarter as mus was not able to get the offense going all night. and when they would get a little something going, the Brothers would inevitably stifle it out. the fumble that jones returned for a touchdown shifted the momentum to the owls very quickly in the second quarter, but again, the defense would not respond by shutting down the Brothers, nor would their offense after CBHS missed their second field goal attempt.

as i suspected, mus was not able to run the ball and since they dont have a game breaker at receiver, the offense was nothing special. if i were bobby alston, id keep brunetti in the game based solely on the fact that he can beat some defenses with his legs.

the owls' defense is not what i would have expected from an mus-coached bunch. CBHS punched a lot of holes in it allowing Watson room to run, obviously.

the Christian Brothers OL played better this week than they have the past few weeks, but it was clear that Blanchard had not played all season. i think that if he can get going, he, watson, gilbert johnson and improved OL play will pay dividends to the Brothers' offense because they have three guys that can break off a long run on any given snap.

defense pitched its fourth straight shut out and is the reason the Brothers are 4-1 thus far. CBHS takes on carver this week, which makes me sick, but i suppose ill be there to show my support anyway.

Though the Carver game will not be competitive, it gives CBHS an opportunity to work against some speed in preparation for Mitchell and to work the passing game. Lets just hope for no injuries on either side. I'll be there cheering on the Wave.

carver and speed? i hope you are joking. the Brothers have more speed than carver will...especially in the front seven. ill go ahead and guarantee that.

heres the way i saw it....

Christian Brothers absolutely dominated the battle of field position, but repeatedly shot themselves in the foot on offense. theyd get down inside the red zone and have a dumb penalty such as a delay of game, holding, whatever, and then miss a field goal. kudos to the defense for stepping up and not allowing the owls to get anything rolling.

this one should not have been decided in the fourth quarter as mus was not able to get the offense going all night. and when they would get a little something going, the Brothers would inevitably stifle it out. the fumble that jones returned for a touchdown shifted the momentum to the owls very quickly in the second quarter, but again, the defense would not respond by shutting down the Brothers, nor would their offense after CBHS missed their second field goal attempt.

as i suspected, mus was not able to run the ball and since they dont have a game breaker at receiver, the offense was nothing special. if i were bobby alston, id keep brunetti in the game based solely on the fact that he can beat some defenses with his legs.

the owls' defense is not what i would have expected from an mus-coached bunch. CBHS punched a lot of holes in it allowing Watson room to run, obviously.

the Christian Brothers OL played better this week than they have the past few weeks, but it was clear that Blanchard had not played all season. i think that if he can get going, he, watson, gilbert johnson and improved OL play will pay dividends to the Brothers' offense because they have three guys that can break off a long run on any given snap.

defense pitched its fourth straight shut out and is the reason the Brothers are 4-1 thus far. CBHS takes on carver this week, which makes me sick, but i suppose ill be there to show my support anyway.

First off congrats to the winners of this years rivalry! I always hate to see CBHS win but they took it home this year. MUS really does not have much in terms of speed or playmakers this year. The team seems to take the hits instead of trying to give them. A very passive defense aside from Deandre Jones but sadly 1 player can not make your team. MUS' offense is anemic to say the least.

CBHS' running back has good speed and good size and decent vision. I was pretty impressed with his play but was saddened at his retort in the paper. "We were beasts," Watson said. "We just dogged them. They weren't tired, we just dogged them." Not the best way to show respect to a classic rival and a nice display of lack of class. He had a good game but the final score was 14-7.... I think he needs to pick his words more carefully.

With MUS' schedule being so weak this year as all of the teams in this side of the division are, I would say they will have a decent record and the ECS game will be the deciding factor if they goto the playoffs. I have seen CBHS and MUS play and I fear that the first round of the playoffs if either team draws MBA or BA will be the last game of the season for the Memphis stationed team. MBA and BA if their play lives up to the hype around them look to be 2 brutal teams that don't mess around. I believe the best teams by far are in Nashville this year.

carver and speed? i hope you are joking. the Brothers have more speed than carver will...especially in the front seven. ill go ahead and guarantee that.

Go back and read my post again. I said "work against some speed". Teams like Carver normally have a couple of players that are fast, not necessarily overall team speed. CBHS, as a team, will be stronger, faster, and just simply better in all facets of the game. What I meant and said, was- CBHS may get some practice in containing speedy individual players that Carver may have. Particulary on kick off returns, since I see CBHS kicking off a lot in this game.

Go back and read my post again. I said "work against some speed". Teams like Carver normally have a couple of players that are fast, not necessarily overall team speed. CBHS, as a team, will be stronger, faster, and just simply better in all facets of the game. What I meant and said, was- CBHS may get some practice in containing speedy individual players that Carver may have. Particulary on kick off returns, since I see CBHS kicking off a lot in this game.

carver, as i suspected, never had anyone faster than the majority of the defensive players for Christian Brothers on the field at any time tonight. this game did not accomplish anything besides allowing carver to get a cut of a much larger gate than if the game had been played at halle, crump, or wherever.

....and carver's kick off returns might have averaged about 8-9 yards.

once again, it was a pointless game to play in terms of wanting to get something out of a regular season game before having to play BA, MBA, MUS, Baylor, Father Ryan, McCallie or whoever else in the playoffs.