CBHS v MUS

Chattcity

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit early this year isn't it? I guess the realignment caused it. What do you west tenessee people have to say?

I've never been to a Baylor McCallie game but this game has to be comparable. Two great school with excellent athletic programs that hate (not really) each other because they are just a like. This is probably the weakest team MUS has had in a couple of years, but they are still very capable of beating anyone including CBHS. Really you can throw whats happened out the window when these two meet, because this is the game that matters to them both...bragging rights for a year. Of course they both intend on competing for a state championship but if they don't win this one the state championship wouldn't be quite as sweet. I would give CBHS a very slight edge but I think its countered since they are playing at MUS. I can't wait for this one.

Both teams are not up to par as in past years but still capable of puttiing together a good game and beating anyone they put a fight against. They both have the weapons to make the big plays. Probably the most even these teams have been in a few years (excluding the 2006 season). Ditto Hsbaseballfan03.....even though MUS has the rings on the fingers (at my expense however) I still doesnt hurt to toss in that that one blemish came at the hands of CBHS in the house. A heck of a rivalry.

what will win this game for either team, in my estimation, is quarterback play, as both have rotated quarterbacks A LOT so far this year...not sure when Blanchard is going to play for the Wave.

pretty sure mus will key on Watson and make whoever is taking snaps under/behind center beat them over the top.

defensively, Christian Brothers will be strong. i dont know that the owls have the playmakers on offense this season they have had in the past when theyve been able to hand the Brothers a loss. but i guess well see come friday night. if they can find a way to run the ball up the middle, where in my opinion the CBHS defense is strongest, it will be a long night for the Purple Wave.

however, if Christian Brothers is able to contain the "gut running" and get pressure up the middle on passing downs, i have a feeling mus will have a tough time executing their offense because they dont appear to have the speed to get to the corner against a defense that can move, based on what ive seen of the owls this year, IMO.

another factor i think that will weigh heavily in the outcome of this game is physicality. if one team isnt physical, they will lose because both schools pride themselves on hitting the opponent in the mouth on offense, and getting hats around the ball and gang tackling on defense for four solid quarters.

should be a solid game and im looking forward to it.

I like CBHS in this one. The coaches at CBHS have now coached the QB situation up enough whereas they are now playing solid on the offensive side. That, added to CBHS having the more athletic and physical team, equals a solid win by the Brothers. MUS has a chance if CBHS has too many turnovers, particularly from Watson.

A bit early this year isn't it? I guess the realignment caused it. What do you west tenessee people have to say?

I'm a fan at a public school in Memphis, but from what I've seen of both MUS and CBHS, I'd give the nod to CBHS on this one.

I'm not sure why people are making comments about both programs being a bit down, or not up to par, etc. They seem to be doing pretty much what they usually do every year. Win most, lose few. Players change from year to year in every program, and coaches have to go with what they have. Once in a while, a program can get that special player that seems to carry the program to new heights. Perhaps CBHS and MUS don't have that special player right now, but they they do seem to be playing at a level of performance that's pretty consistent with past years.

I'm a fan at a public school in Memphis, but from what I've seen of both MUS and CBHS, I'd give the nod to CBHS on this one.

I'm not sure why people are making comments about both programs being a bit down, or not up to par, etc. They seem to be doing pretty much what they usually do every year. Win most, lose few. Players change from year to year in every program, and coaches have to go with what they have. Once in a while, a program can get that special player that seems to carry the program to new heights. Perhaps CBHS and MUS don't have that special player right now, but they they do seem to be playing at a level of performance that's pretty consistent with past years.

Ditto. I think Eric Watson is that special player for CBHS, but he still has some maturing to do. No doubt, he has the talent. This is a pick'em game to me. This one should be close.

Ditto. I think Eric Watson is that special player for CBHS, but he still has some maturing to do. No doubt, he has the talent. This is a pick'em game to me. This one should be close.

I've heard great things about the QB thats been out for CBHS too, Michael Blanchard. I've yet to see him play but I'm friends with a couple of coaches there and from what I hear hes a great football player. Can't wait till he's healthy so I can see for my self.

I've heard great things about the QB thats been out for CBHS too, Michael Blanchard. I've yet to see him play but I'm friends with a couple of coaches there and from what I hear hes a great football player. Can't wait till he's healthy so I can see for my self.

Blanchard is Eric Crouch without the height. Nice arm and even better speed. A great play maker on the field.

Fractured spine? How does one get healthy from that ... quickly? If I were the coach ... I would be terrified to put him in.