?Purple Pounders?

lcfalcon9

Coach Barger is working his tail off,but central is horrible..,..they look better than last year(which isn't saying much),but there is not much talent up there this year,maybe,he can stick around long enough to get some younger kids,coached under his system..,..but somebody up there will probably run him off,just like everybody else,lately.Hope he turns it around,there are alot of alumni in chattanooga who've been waitng 40 yrs for something!!!,but until they do something with the zoning,it will be another 40yrs,maybe.

You must not know the Bargers too well. There will be no "running off". If he were to ever leave it would be his choice. He will turn things around and I guarantee he will not put up with any crap from parents, boosters, ect. that may try to run him off. They need to endure the changing of the guard for a year or two and allow his system to be put in place. I am speaking from first hand information about building a program that was rock bottom. It takes time, energy, and sacrifice not just from coaches but players, boosters, fans, and community. Good Luck pounders and hopefully you will get Hixson this week!

You must not know the Bargers too well. There will be no "running off". If he were to ever leave it would be his choice. He will turn things around and I guarantee he will not put up with any crap from parents, boosters, ect. that may try to run him off. They need to endure the changing of the guard for a year or two and allow his system to be put in place. I am speaking from first hand information about building a program that was rock bottom. It takes time, energy, and sacrifice not just from coaches but players, boosters, fans, and community. Good Luck pounders and hopefully you will get Hixson this week!

Trust me,if somebody up there wants him gone ,his gone..,..but from what I heard the parents really like him,the boosters,and community are the ones that are shaky.There are only a hand full of people outside the coaching staff that are going to help up there,and the community will never support them,to many do thier on thing or simple don't care,alot of people up there talk about what needs to be done,but never help to get things done and the ones that do only do it thinking its going to get thier son playing time,and if it doesn't,they bash the program,coach school etc..,.the support they had 30/40 yrs. ago was legendary!!!! to say the least,but ever since they moved up on the hwy, it's gradually eased off,to just a handful,now. I for one hope CENTRAL get's going agian,because a few years ago central had a descent team and every body in town took notice(news,)etc..,.but then the coach left after they accussed him of wrong doing(which never happened),zoning is killing the school and school system w/ magnet schools or whatever else they come up with kills central. GOOD LUCK pounders!!