Whitehaven vs. Collierville (8-5A clash of Titans)

kwc

This is a very, very, very big game for both programs. I think that this game will help to determine the seeding for the playoffs. Whitehaven has already lost to White Station (8-5A) in a hard faught game earlier this season. Collierville, the current Dandy Dozen # 10 team is 3-0 on the season. Collierville beat Germantown earlier this season for their first 8-5A victory. Both have great defenses. Collierville beat Overton (7-5A) 56-6, they beat Germantown (8-5A) 35-0, and they beat Central (7-5A) 37-0. They have only allowed one touchdown, and that one came during the end of the 4th quarter of the Overton game ... probably against the 2's or even the 3's. Overton had -7 rushing yards in their game and 112 yards passing for a total net of 95 yards. Germantown had 6 yards rushing and 74 passing for a net of 80 yards. Central had 24 yards rushing and 50 passing for a net of 74 yards. They have shut their opponents down. Offensively they have 280 rushing and 106 passing for a net of 386 against Overton. They had 251 yards rushing and 4 passing for a net of 255 against Germantown. They had 138 rushing and 185 passing for a net of 323 against Central. I may give the Whitehaven stats later, but I wanted to show how good Collierville is offensively and defensively. This game is at Whitehaven, so that should count for something. For those who haven't been keeping up, Whitehaven is 3-1, losing to White Station (8-5A) - [Dandy Dozen #1*] 17-14, and beating Mitchell (8-3A) 28-16, beating Fairley (8-4A) - [Dandy Dozen #11*] 35-6, and Beating Melrose (8-4A) - [Dandy Dozen #12*] ... 7-6.

* = current rank as of this post.

So ... let's hear it. What do you guys think?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehaven has not beaten a solid, well-coached, and disciplined team yet, though they only played one- White Station thusfar. I have not seen Collierville yet, but based on their record (and stats), this game may represent the chance for Whitehaven to get the type of victory that will make me a believer.

fourthree:

I think Melrose, Mitchell and Fairley are pretty good teams as well as White Station. I think Whitehaven has a very good chance in this game. I know you differ in opinion. This, again, will be another defensive battle. Both teams will stop the run. Will Whitehaven's starting QB play or will his back-up play? I really like Whitehaven's grit and determination. This is going to be another slobberknocker!

Make you a believer huh? ... Interesting.

This is a very, very, very big game for both programs. I think that this game will help to determine the seeding for the playoffs. Whitehaven has already lost to White Station (8-5A) in a hard faught game earlier this season. Collierville, the current Dandy Dozen # 10 team is 3-0 on the season. Collierville beat Germantown earlier this season for their first 8-5A victory. Both have great defenses. Collierville beat Overton (7-5A) 56-6, they beat Germantown (8-5A) 35-0, and they beat Central (7-5A) 37-0. They have only allowed one touchdown, and that one came during the end of the 4th quarter of the Overton game ... probably against the 2's or even the 3's. Overton had -7 rushing yards in their game and 112 yards passing for a total net of 95 yards. Germantown had 6 yards rushing and 74 passing for a net of 80 yards. Central had 24 yards rushing and 50 passing for a net of 74 yards. They have shut their opponents down. Offensively they have 280 rushing and 106 passing for a net of 386 against Overton. They had 251 yards rushing and 4 passing for a net of 255 against Germantown. They had 138 rushing and 185 passing for a net of 323 against Central. I may give the Whitehaven stats later, but I wanted to show how good Collierville is offensively and defensively. This game is at Whitehaven, so that should count for something. For those who haven't been keeping up, Whitehaven is 3-1, losing to White Station (8-5A) - [Dandy Dozen #1*] 17-14, and beating Mitchell (8-3A) 28-16, beating Fairley (8-4A) - [Dandy Dozen #11*] 35-6, and Beating Melrose (8-4A) - [Dandy Dozen #12*] ... 7-6.

* = current rank as of this post.

So ... let's hear it. What do you guys think?

Whitehaven continues to face these big games! This will give me an idea on just how good C'ville is, because I already know Whitehaven is good. I see the stats on C'ville, but I also see their opponents. So while they've done well, they haven't been challenged. That will change this Friday.

BTY, regarding the White Station/Whitehaven game. www.bleedgreen.us (note the ".us") has the pics for you to see.

Yet again, I wish I could be at this game. Whitehaven has been playing some darn good teams, and is just a few steps away from being undefeated.

If WHS' starting QB was playing full speed, I would definately call this for the Tigers. Otherwise, and since its at WHS , it will still be a Tiger victory, but a very close one.

Whitehaven continues to face these big games! This will give me an idea on just how good C'ville is, because I already know Whitehaven is good. I see the stats on C'ville, but I also see their opponents. So while they've done well, they haven't been challenged. That will change this Friday.

BTY, regarding the White Station/Whitehaven game. www.bleedgreen.us (note the ".us") has the pics for you to see.

Spartansfan:

I'm a believer in Whitehaven as well. They have played with a lot of poise. It has always been my belief that good defenses make the game look ugly. Penalties are highlighted more ... they become more severe because first downs are rare. Whitehaven, AGAIN, will face another team with a good defense. Collierville is 3-0. I agree, on paper, their opponents don't impress being a combined 2-8 on the year with wins over Bartlett and Ridgeway. BUT Collierville has beat each of these teams handily with stout defense. I'm impressed also because they haven't lost their focus defensively. I think Collierville is legit, just from reviewing the stats, regardless of their opponents. This is going to be another game worth the price of admission.

Thanks for the url for the WHS and WS game pics. I plan on vewing them.

Yet again, I wish I could be at this game. Whitehaven has been playing some darn good teams, and is just a few steps away from being undefeated.

If WHS' starting QB was playing full speed, I would definately call this for the Tigers. Otherwise, and since its at WHS , it will still be a Tiger victory, but a very close one.

Stunman89:

I think this one will be low scoring as well. Coach Cox will have his boys prepared. I think WHS has an advantage with the home crowd because CHS will bring the parents and some of the student body ... but that's about it. In the past, they haven't filled the stands at WHS like WHS fills the stands when they play this game in Collierville. The crowd will definately be in WHS's favor. The WHS fan support needs to take advantage of this and help our team. I wish you could be at this game ... but you guys play Germantown, and I don't care how bad they have been to start off this year ... they are still Germantown and must be respected.

I hope are starting QB is healthy enough to play, we will see in a couple of days won't we? I like our chances with him in the game as well ... but if not, #7 will have to perform.

Good luck kwc, let's hope we meet deep in the state this year ! ( I knew you were going to beat Melrose, and you are going to beat Coll. ). And you are right about Germantown, we always have a tough time there. We very much respect them.

I think there's 2 really big games for G'town this year, one against Houston (as usual) the other will be against White Station. We finally beat them last year, and they'll want some measure of revenge. Plus the fact that we went deep into the playoffs last season has everyone wanting to play us tough. I do think we will see G'town at their best this Friday night!

Good luck kwc, let's hope we meet deep in the state this year ! ( I knew you were going to beat Melrose, and you are going to beat Coll. ). And you are right about Germantown, we always have a tough time there. We very much respect them.

You knew more then I did stunman89. That was anybody's game in my opinion. We just happened to win it this time. A first for Whitehaven since the series began some 5 years ago. I expect White Station to beat Germantown. I would not be surprised if it is by more then two touchdowns just looking at the past few games Germantown have played. This will be a telling game about Germantown as well because they just lost to Collierville 35-0. But, again, this is Germantown, they ususally get things turned around about this part of the season. We will see won't we come tomorrow night.

I think there's 2 really big games for G'town this year, one against Houston (as usual) the other will be against White Station. We finally beat them last year, and they'll want some measure of revenge. Plus the fact that we went deep into the playoffs last season has everyone wanting to play us tough. I do think we will see G'town at their best this Friday night!

Don't discount the game against Whitehaven that they still have to play. That will also be anothet big game for both schools. Honestlt, from here on out, every game on Germantown's schedule is huge. Whether it is against White Station of against Kirby. They have to right the ship, and do it quickly. Losing can be just as infectious as winning. Germantown will come out guns ablazing against White Station on Friday night. That 35-0 pasting they took against Collierville could be the straw that broke the camels back. If White Station blasts Germantown on Friday ... the coaches at Germantown may never get things turned around this season. We will see ... tomorrows game is crucial for Germantown. Their season could be riding on their performance tomorrow. I mean ... if they lose, will they be able to keep the score respectable? 35-0 speaks volumes to me.