topvol98

Who Wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice victory over perennial Sevier County, I'm afraid we all might be taking our licks out on the Smokey Bears this year. I believe Coach Smith might finally have the offense rolling, good to see out of our sister city in the 5A upper northeast.

I'll keep it simple, Science Hill is just to athletic in this one. Topper's win by two touchdowns or more.

Nice victory over perennial Sevier County, I'm afraid we all might be taking our licks out on the Smokey Bears this year. I believe Coach Smith might finally have the offense rolling, good to see out of our sister city in the 5A upper northeast.

I'll keep it simple, Science Hill is just to athletic in this one. Topper's win by two touchdowns or more.

I don't care whether your SHHS or Greeneville or whoever, when top new coaches move in, it takes weeks and months and competition to hit on all 8 cylinders. And the Toppers are probably on number 6 or 7 right now. Beware of the Toppers as Coach Smiths promises are beginning to come true. If I'm not at the Wm Bl/Maryville game I will be in the stands to watch the new Toppers. Congrats from an old Topper.

Science Hill is hitting their stride. But so is Bristol. Everyone thinks this to be a blowout...I don't think so. This game tells a tale for the Vikings. The 'Toppers will be surprised. 22-21 'Toppers. I said after the South game they wouldn't lose again until Bearden...well, I will adjust my tally because they will beat Bearden. Would love to see this game.

OK…..I believe Soloman played in the game against the Vikings last year. Although he still got his…we took the rest of the team out of the equation and won the game. Same story different chapter this year. This year same Soloman plus more confidence equals trouble for THS…unless…our defensive down lineman get their heads out their butts!!!!! We have the personnel but we have yet to see the performance. I’m going to call some players out in this post because I personally challenge you to “SHOW ME THE MONEY”!!!!!! We have two senior leaders on this team and I have yet to hear their names called out even two times in a row over the loud speaker for making plays. Names are E. Bible and M. Dickerson. Get mad if you want to but if you think your going to school on your performances up to this point…I got news for ya. And if you think your past performances and your size will get you there…I got an answer for you there also. Potentially the most promising defensive combination to come out of our school since Zack and Mo…you HAVE NOT lived up to that potential and EVERYBODY is getting frustrated with that (Dickerson more so than Bible and that showed after the Unicoi game). We have younger players on the team that look up to you two…. give them an example to follow!!! We all have faith from the fans to the coaches but in order for us to not get embarrassed in this game you two are going to have to “SHOW US THE MONEY” !!!!!!! These talented young Juniors will rise to the occasion but they need someone to show them the way. Step up and take control of YOUR defense!!!!! This will be your legacy. Marvin…you also need to step up. You’re around every play but your not making plays. You’re better than that.

If Science Hill thinks we are going into this game to do ANYTHING but win you are sadly mistaken!! THS has not been given respect due up to this point…but we will see.

Now it's game week. I'm wore out....just got back from Spartanburg watching Wofford take out Appy State. No one over here thinks that TN High is coming over here to lay down but this is not last years team and we are still waiting for the boys to put together an complete game. Have to admit that the perfect time would be this week before heading into a HUGE confrence game with Bearden. The last two weeks have been very impressive and I personally think you can go back to the end of the Betsy game. We have identified some new playmakers since the South game. Against West there were 3 Toppers with over 150 yards of total offense. Against Sevier Co we had a 200 yard passer, 100 yard rusher and two receivers with over 75 yards. The defense also scored two touchdowns and our punter was the second leading rusher of the game. Those thing won't mean anything come friday night but TN High better be ready because this will be their stiffest test to date.

I'll have more to say a lil later but I had to let you know Cap that I've been waiting for this game just because I finally get to talk some football. I know this team is focused on TN High and not Bearden. They are taking them one at a time and I guess that wake up call in week zero got us up instead of hitting the snooze.

Now it's game week. I'm wore out....just got back from Spartanburg watching Wofford take out Appy State. No one over here thinks that TN High is coming over here to lay down but this is not last years team and we are still waiting for the boys to put together an complete game. Have to admit that the perfect time would be this week before heading into a HUGE confrence game with Bearden. The last two weeks have been very impressive and I personally think you can go back to the end of the Betsy game. We have identified some new playmakers since the South game. Against West there were 3 Toppers with over 150 yards of total offense. Against Sevier Co we had a 200 yard passer, 100 yard rusher and two receivers with over 75 yards. The defense also scored two touchdowns and our punter was the second leading rusher of the game. Those thing won't mean anything come friday night but TN High better be ready because this will be their stiffest test to date.

Believe me Topvol...we (players, coaches, and fans) are fully aware of the "high octane" offense that the Hilltoppers pose. That's what sparked MY plea to the Viking defense. In order for the Vikings to even have a punchers chance in this game the Viking defense will have to rise to the level of the "FORTRESS D" that we are known for. It was good enough for us to "be in the game" against DB, BUT even though this is not a conference game (and contrary to the belief of some), it is crucial for us to win this game in order for us to make our presence known in the NET and to the state! Is our season over if we lose...NO. But this is a statement game for the Vikings...win or lose. The team decides what statement is made.