Dobyns Bennett vs. Eliztabethton

db123

I like the idea of the Wide Receiver screen to J. Sylvester. He is very quick and fast, which are different things. He's blessed with both. As an example, Throp from last year hadd pretty good speed, but his strength was his extreme quickness. Very quick with the roundball. Back to Justin, did not know his ankle was not 100%. I think if you can get him the ball quickly, given the cushion corners give in this area, he'll move the sticks most of the time. I still don't think the freshman RB has the speed as some DB backs have had and from what I hear he's pretty strong, so I automaticlly think FB and ILB. Again, I am basing this on the game I saw and comparing him to another team's RB. Maybe he's picked up some speed. I always thought speed was God-given, but I have heard some say speed can be improved. I really don't know. If the season does not go well towards the middle and end of the year, I certainly would say let's move him up along with other youngsters and start training for the future. BUT, I'm not expecting the remander of the season to go poorly and I am not giving up on the current crop of Indians. Speaking of the future, and knowing there are TSSAA limits on age and eligibility, how many years will this freshman be able to play? Hate the idea of a kid not being able to play his senior year, but I understand and respect the rules.

I've been told that Chris is well within the age range to play all four years.If you see this kid run,you will know that he has plenty of speed.I've seen him run the bases during the summer for years,and there are very few kids that can move around the bases like he can.That's what I don't understand when you talk about his lack of speed. I still say 45 is your fullback next year and bring chris along as a halfback.Just watch how he can pick an opening and hit the hole. People forget that Hogg was our star runner early on,but he has had trouble holding onto the ball.Sylvester for whatever reason,just hasn't had his normal great year.I know he was hurt early on,but he not running as hard on offense,but at the same time he is making great plays all over the defensive field.If Hogg had not had his bad luck holding onto the ball and Sylvester was making great runs,we might not have seen Sensabaugh for a few more weeks.If I were coach Clark and thought that the water boy would help us get to and win playoff games,I'd tell the water boys mom that [ fooootball ain't the devil ]and we will cook her some swamp food if he can play.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told that Chris is well within the age range to play all four years.If you see this kid run,you will know that he has plenty of speed.I've seen him run the bases during the summer for years,and there are very few kids that can move around the bases like he can.That's what I don't understand when you talk about his lack of speed. I still say 45 is your fullback next year and bring chris along as a halfback.Just watch how he can pick an opening and hit the hole. People forget that Hogg was our star runner early on,but he has had trouble holding onto the ball.Sylvester for whatever reason,just hasn't had his normal great year.I know he was hurt early on,but he not running as hard on offense,but at the same time he is making great plays all over the defensive field.If Hogg had not had his bad luck holding onto the ball and Sylvester was making great runs,we might not have seen Sensabaugh for a few more weeks.If I were coach Clark and thought that the water boy would help us get to and win playoff games,I'd tell the water boys mom that [ fooootball ain't the devil ]and we will cook her some swamp food if he can play.

Good for him. I had been told otherwise, but hope you're right on the age. Know Coach C wouldn't take the chance of playing a player that is too old and have the TSSAA take games away. So good.

I guess I am basing the speed thing on the one football game I saw. So, I have seen him run. He did not fair well at all against the other team then and especially their RB who ran away from everyone. Maybe, Chris actually is above the curve in the speed dept and the other kid is just extremely fast. But that was just a single game and a single game a career does not make. But anyway, sounds like he's really coming into his own. I'll focus in a bit as it does look like we will get our wish and see him play more and more. I agree that I'd play whomever can help within reason. I am sure Coach feels the same way. As far as J. Sylvester goes, hope he does get to 100% as he has rare speed and athleticism.

Some people on here just need to face the facts!!!!!!!!!!! DB really isnt that good this year, sure neither is etown, but this game wont be just a walk in the park for DB!!!!!!!! If they want it they'll have to work for it!!!!!!! The team that comes the most prepared WILL prevail!!!!!!!!!! DB doesnt automatically get the W just because they're called DB!!!!!!!!!!

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!

Some people on here just need to face the facts!!!!!!!!!!! DB really isnt that good this year, sure neither is etown, but this game wont be just a walk in the park for DB!!!!!!!! If they want it they'll have to work for it!!!!!!! The team that comes the most prepared WILL prevail!!!!!!!!!! DB doesnt automatically get the W just because they're called DB!!!!!!!!!!

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!

DB will win big tonight! even if the game is close going into the 4th they still win, the refs always cheat betsy when we play db....

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!

IT doesn't matter how good either one of us think DB is. Every team that DB plays,will bring their A game week in and out.Do you think that the number ''two'' 5a team in the state was happy to beat a 1 and 2 DB team by just ''7''. They were just as happy as the other teams ranked in the top 10 that beat DB in close games.I know your team has fine athlthes and no game is a win until it's over.

I like the idea of the Wide Receiver screen to J. Sylvester. He is very quick and fast, which are different things. He's blessed with both. As an example, Throp from last year hadd pretty good speed, but his strength was his extreme quickness. Very quick with the roundball. Back to Justin, did not know his ankle was not 100%. I think if you can get him the ball quickly, given the cushion corners give in this area, he'll move the sticks most of the time. I still don't think the freshman RB has the speed as some DB backs have had and from what I hear he's pretty strong, so I automaticlly think FB and ILB. Again, I am basing this on the game I saw and comparing him to another team's RB. Maybe he's picked up some speed. I always thought speed was God-given, but I have heard some say speed can be improved. I really don't know. If the season does not go well towards the middle and end of the year, I certainly would say let's move him up along with other youngsters and start training for the future. BUT, I'm not expecting the remander of the season to go poorly and I am not giving up on the current crop of Indians. Speaking of the future, and knowing there are TSSAA limits on age and eligibility, how many years will this freshman be able to play? Hate the idea of a kid not being able to play his senior year, but I understand and respect the rules.

If Justin is not %100 then why play him tonight??? Hey GC, "100 strong"? Go to the bench and play other 100 kids. If DB has any dreams of success in the playoffs they will need every starter %100. Will GC stay under center or go back to the shot gun to prove to K-town he knows what he is doing and is right? Stick to under center, play 45 at fullback, run 3 fresh tailbacks LT, RH, and CS (let JS recover). Occasional run the shotgun to keep Betsy thinking. On D keep bringing in fresh legs from the 100 and this will be a game like old times. The only question will be which car tonight will be the most expensive ride in HC. Run the shotgun the entire game and it could stay close if DB makes mistakes. Betsy, no peeking at the HC court!

DB will win big tonight! even if the game is close going into the 4th they still win, the refs always cheat betsy when we play db....

We pay them good ! Just for this,I'll toss in a watch like the bear got at Kentucky.Your really going to get some bad calls now /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

We pay them good ! Just for this,I'll toss in a watch like the bear got at Kentucky.Your really going to get some bad calls now /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Yeah, I'm sure. I think the TSSAA has some great officals. No one is perfect. I really think that all the Region 1 refs want to make the right calls. I hate to see a game decided on anywhere but the field. I think it will be a better game tonight than some may think. Don't look for a blowout. The football never bounces the same way twice.

Yeah, I'm sure. I think the TSSAA has some great officals. No one is perfect. I really think that all the Region 1 refs want to make the right calls. I hate to see a game decided on anywhere but the field. I think it will be a better game tonight than some may think. Don't look for a blowout. The football never bounces the same way twice.

I agree,I've seen some bad calls and spots all year,but those guys make hundreds of decisions during a single game, and are going to mess up. The TSSAA has checks and balances as everyone should know.If a ref has brought up a red light with his calls,you better know someone over him is watching the game film and watching him even closer the next time he doe's a game.