Dobyns Bennett vs. Eliztabethton

db123

Let's see, how to word this. The sophomore class is average IMO. But, there are some players there. I agree that the junior class has some talented players that don't see the field. Without the "star" as another poster put it, I wonder how good the freshman class really is. I think the kid will be another good high school player, but I'm not sold yet. Probably will excel as a LB or FB in a year. Not enough speed last time I saw him to play RB. Speaking of speed, I wish there was a better way to allow J.Sylvester to use his speed. Not really sure what that would be. Regardless, I personally believe that the DB staff is able to take an average group of talent and win games. They've done it in the past. The groups from the feeder schools become, how do you say it, the sum is greater than their parts. I guess there's some magic in those maroon jerseys.

I am also glad to see people rally around the kids. I don't agree with the TriCitiesSports that this is the #1 team in NET, but they are better than the record shows. Fierce schedule for an less that the norm Indian team. I'd say they are holding their own right now.

I agree with WACO, please don't start all the "you school is bigger than ours" crapola. That's tired and we've all heard it for years on hundreds of threads.

For years DB would run a pass play with 3 receivers loaded on one side. 2 would take a step forward, the third back a step to catch the pass. It would become 2 on 3 blocking with the receiver having more a one on one. Its a dangerous pass if the D reads the play, but it would get JS outside to do his thing. They need to get him a pass out in the flat. He is at his best when making tacklers miss, not running off tackle. The soph class is certainly big (LBS), but very weak. For their size, they have not shown they can handle the line of scrimmage.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havenotseen the Sophmore class play much, but you are right, we have some very talented Juniors that never see any time. The #30 is a Senior and has not had a very good showing at all. He did run the ball very well, but did this on the 2nd or 3rd D. We do need to use some of these other kids on special teams and when the game is out of reach. Normally the staff gets other people in there but maybe the confidence is low.

Not a very good showing?? When has 30 been in this season to see him run? I disagree on it being against 3rd D. Maybe some 2nd D mixed in with their 1st, but he was running behind our 2nd O. #30 deserved a chance before bringing up a fresh based just on fresh. games. #30's dad needs to sit under the old shade tree at practice like they have for years. Or maybe he has to work.

For years DB would run a pass play with 3 receivers loaded on one side. 2 would take a step forward, the third back a step to catch the pass. It would become 2 on 3 blocking with the receiver having more a one on one. Its a dangerous pass if the D reads the play, but it would get JS outside to do his thing. They need to get him a pass out in the flat. He is at his best when making tacklers miss, not running off tackle. The soph class is certainly big (LBS), but very weak. For their size, they have not shown they can handle the line of scrimmage.

I actually strongly agree with this, let #7 throw the short passes for some good yardage and this will open up the deep passing game as well as the inside running, as u can fake that throw then hand it to the fullback ( I see more and more colleges running this play ) it also builds #7 confidence, but i believe #2 is still trying to recover from that highankle sprain and still has a little hitch in his run because ive seen him play for years and hes much faster than what ive seen this year, but i like the YAC ( yards after catch ) that we had against JC #24 had some good YAC and i really like how #10 bounced back from the muffed punt and had some good catches also showed good breakaway speed. But yeah im with ya watchdoggy short passes to #10 with 2 blockers out in front = 1ST DOWN INDIANS

Let's see, how to word this. The sophomore class is average IMO. But, there are some players there. I agree that the junior class has some talented players that don't see the field. Without the "star" as another poster put it, I wonder how good the freshman class really is. I think the kid will be another good high school player, but I'm not sold yet. Probably will excel as a LB or FB in a year. Not enough speed last time I saw him to play RB. Speaking of speed, I wish there was a better way to allow J.Sylvester to use his speed. Not really sure what that would be. Regardless, I personally believe that the DB staff is able to take an average group of talent and win games. They've done it in the past. The groups from the feeder schools become, how do you say it, the sum is greater than their parts. I guess there's some magic in those maroon jerseys.

I am also glad to see people rally around the kids. I don't agree with the TriCitiesSports that this is the #1 team in NET, but they are better than the record shows. Fierce schedule for an less that the norm Indian team. I'd say they are holding their own right now.

I agree with WACO, please don't start all the "you school is bigger than ours" crapola. That's tired and we've all heard it for years on hundreds of threads.

I think Sylvester is very important to our defense and Sensabaugh does have enough speed to play running back.He will take it up the field more like 33. I still thank you need a guy like 45 at full back.You can use Sylvester in the slot to catch quick passes or run some screens and reverses with him. I think 33 is the best running back we have and if your going to use Sensabaugh,use him where he should be,halfback.I don't know who is number one in net,it doesn't matter for a few weeks.

I think Sylvester is very important to our defense and Sensabaugh does have enough speed to play running back.He will take it up the field more like 33. I still thank you need a guy like 45 at full back.You can use Sylvester in the slot to catch quick passes or run some screens and reverses with him. I think 33 is the best running back we have and if your going to use Sensabaugh,use him where he should be,halfback.I don't know who is number one in net,it doesn't matter for a few weeks.

Wow. I dont think you and I are watching the same game. Almighty 33 thinks he can run outside but obviously can't by the way he gets negative yards almost every carry. Lawson hits the hole. 33 is not the best back DB has. DB doesn't have a good back. DBDAD let your son play or at least try to play.