Jefferson County vs Cocke

JC4life

Well I predicted a record between 4-6 and 6-4, and so far we are right on pace for that. We lost to a team I thought we`d beat(Campbell Co) and beat a team I thought we`d lose to (Mo West). So for right now I`d say we're on par for what I expected. I think we can beat Karns, and Cocke County, I think we`ll lose to Bearden, and S.Hill and Sevier Co are toss ups. I don`t think there's a team left on our schedule we can`t beat, but doing it is a different story.

As far as coaching, I hate to even go there since its the middle of the season, but at this point I`d give the offense a C+, defense a B+, overall coaching a B.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been a long time since i've chimed in on coacht. over the past few years i have found it best to stay quiet in the jeff co sports scene as politics was as heavy as i have ever seen them in dumplin valley. glad to be back and, moreover, glad to see the ship has been righted at JC somewhat.

good luck to the pats on friday night. they play their game, easy win.

its been a long time since i've chimed in on coacht. over the past few years i have found it best to stay quiet in the jeff co sports scene as politics was as heavy as i have ever seen them in dumplin valley. glad to be back and, moreover, glad to see the ship has been righted at JC somewhat.

good luck to the pats on friday night. they play their game, easy win.

Boy old faces just popping out of the woodwork all over the place, 1st Lawyer now HeathHelton. Nice of you guys to just leave me to fight off the wolves while you guys hung out in the bunker.......j/k glad to have you guys back /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Glad to see this game renewed. Always a great atmosphere and such.

Hope the action on the field can match that, but I don't see that happening. The way Cocke County has been giving up yardage on the ground and not playing assignment football - the veer should eat them alive. Off the field distractions are also eating at the core of the football team as well, and the Jefferson County folks know what thats all about.

Understand that Charter will be there to broadcast the game for a tape delayed basis.

hey seth how u bein doin? you talkin bout distractions would that have anything to do with Sagebrush and a parent an Crawford? i know we cant discuss it on here but i jus barely caught wind of it, didnt get any details. i listened to the cocke greeneville game on the way home last week, you do a pretty good job.

hey seth how u bein doin? you talkin bout distractions would that have anything to do with Sagebrush and a parent an Crawford? i know we cant discuss it on here but i jus barely caught wind of it, didnt get any details. i listened to the cocke greeneville game on the way home last week, you do a pretty good job.

Lots of off-the-field distractions here in Cocke Vegas lately.

Boy old faces just popping out of the woodwork all over the place, 1st Lawyer now HeathHelton. Nice of you guys to just leave me to fight off the wolves while you guys hung out in the bunker.......j/k glad to have you guys back /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

not hanging out in the bunker, keeping my nose out of places it doesnt belong. haha. but seriously, good to be back now and hoping brighter days are ahead with coach anderson..... wow that sounds strange, i played with this guy!!! and his name wasnt coach anderson then it was gut. am i getting old??

anyone agree that this may be the game that we can work on some things that may benefit us in the region later on down the road?

i.e. ironing out some major questions in the passing game. we can run it all we want and we must do so in order to win games. running the ball is, was, and forever will be jeff co football on some level. but sometimes, like the greenville game, you have to play from behind and the ole running game is not very condusive in doing so. i would hate to be in a do-or-die game with playoff implications in late october, down by 4 in the 4th and have a 2 minute drill staring us in the face. i don't assume that we get a whole lot of work on such things.

along this same line passing game line, what is the deal with the big WR. seems to be a great kid and one of the best pure athletes to come through JC in a while. on paper, he is an all american. in addition, i hope he brings home a gold or something in the 2012 olympic games, but i digress. his receiving skills just havent been refined as much as i thought they would have by nearly halfway through his junior season. light at the end of his tunnel?? any other possible big play guys? you look at any great JC teams, and they had a big play WR. it will open up the run game more than any old JCHS '87 championship sweatshirt wearing fart will admit. milton woods, tyler brown, even ole taylor quarles had a nice target in todd collins, TE.

IMO, this game should be easily won by a superior Patriot team. that being said, we have all seen a CC over JC upset. this rivalry is not nearly as heated as it used to be, trust me, but CC still scares the old Patriot in me. Regardless, if we get a comfortable lead, we should get some gametime learning in. it would be good for the players, and nothing short of great for the coaches.

JC4Life, anyone talked to gut about his sideline attire?? funny, yes, but the ole guys with binocs dont find it too amusing from my understanding. same ole gut, haha.

anyone agree that this may be the game that we can work on some things that may benefit us in the region later on down the road?

i.e. ironing out some major questions in the passing game. we can run it all we want and we must do so in order to win games. running the ball is, was, and forever will be jeff co football on some level. but sometimes, like the greenville game, you have to play from behind and the ole running game is not very condusive in doing so. i would hate to be in a do-or-die game with playoff implications in late october, down by 4 in the 4th and have a 2 minute drill staring us in the face. i don't assume that we get a whole lot of work on such things.

along this same line passing game line, what is the deal with the big WR. seems to be a great kid and one of the best pure athletes to come through JC in a while. on paper, he is an all american. in addition, i hope he brings home a gold or something in the 2012 olympic games, but i digress. his receiving skills just havent been refined as much as i thought they would have by nearly halfway through his junior season. light at the end of his tunnel?? any other possible big play guys? you look at any great JC teams, and they had a big play WR. it will open up the run game more than any old JCHS '87 championship sweatshirt wearing fart will admit. milton woods, tyler brown, even ole taylor quarles had a nice target in todd collins, TE.

IMO, this game should be easily won by a superior Patriot team. that being said, we have all seen a CC over JC upset. this rivalry is not nearly as heated as it used to be, trust me, but CC still scares the old Patriot in me. Regardless, if we get a comfortable lead, we should get some gametime learning in. it would be good for the players, and nothing short of great for the coaches.

JC4Life, anyone talked to gut about his sideline attire?? funny, yes, but the ole guys with binocs dont find it too amusing from my understanding. same ole gut, haha.

LOL, at least he doesn`t have a dip in, at least I don`t think he does /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would hope that we`ll use this game to work on the passing game, but then I think if we didn`t throw much the last few weeks when we really needed to why would we when we don`t? To me even when we do pass there seems to be major timing or communication issues, to me that just says we don`t work on it very much even in practice. As far as Stepp's receiving skills, it must be noted that he didn`t play his freshman year, and through last season and this one he's never been in an offense that passed consistently so the chances to hone his receiving skills are pretty low. If you only get 1 pass thrown to you a game how are you suppose to get better? Speaking of TE, what has happened to the TE's? Prior to the Euverard days TE's were always a major part of our passing game, the TE post, corner or going straight down the middle of the field use to be a major part of the veer. I can`t remember seeing a TE catch a pass all year, of course we`ve only thrown the ball 29 times all year so I guess that should be expected. Whats crazy is that we're averaging 8yds a play when we do pass, you`d think that would lead to more passing.