Jefferson County vs Cocke

JC4life

played in both the '96 and '98 games. that gets to my point earlier in the thread, cchs will come at you each time you play them. and they are always primed for an upset. while the rivalry has died down a lot over the last decade, they still star their schedule in the summer when we will be playing them.

that 98 game ricky ran for like 300 and 5tds. second best personal performance i saw. second to his 400 yard 6td performance that same yr vs WB.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGREE!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> With everything but JC4Life being Gay. A little anal sometimes, but not gay. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some how I just don't feel the love from TNrecruiter !!

Not that his comments mean squat !!

lawyer, it is quite sweet that the coaches are sticking to their guns and never giving up on the run. there is a big difference in being dedicated and being stubborn. when we went to state in '96 we were def a run oriented team but we were always a threat to throw it and it opened it up for ricky and brian. we only put it in the air about 8-10 times a game though, at the most. that was coach anthony though.

lawyer, it is quite sweet that the coaches are sticking to their guns and never giving up on the run. there is a big difference in being dedicated and being stubborn. when we went to state in '96 we were def a run oriented team but we were always a threat to throw it and it opened it up for ricky and brian. we only put it in the air about 8-10 times a game though, at the most. that was coach anthony though.

I know what you mean, I'm just giving the Coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. I really believe that Brimer Jr. would raise sugar cane if he felt like his troupes weren't getting enough touches. But I could be completely wrong, its happened before.

As far as the most memorable CC/JCHS clash, I'm sure D. Reese and some others might remember this one. I would have to say circa 2000/1999 not really sure which one, but it was at Dumplin Valley. The CC player ran the ball out of bounds into the JCHS sideline. A fracas broke out, next thing you know my boy Dusty France comes over the top with his helmet in hand, upside the CC players head. Cost him a fews game that season, pretty wild stuff.

Not necessarily the best moment from the rivalry but a memorable one.

A fracas broke out, next thing you know my boy Dusty France comes over the top with his helmet in hand, upside the CC players head. Cost him a fews game that season, pretty wild stuff.

Not necessarily the best moment from the rivalry but a memorable one.

oh yes i remember that one well too. that was U of Miami bush league. though quite funny. it was 2000 i'm pretty sure. little help reese??

Here's a question I've been asking some folks...

Most memorable game in this series? The series is a bit lopsided, but there have been some good games in the series.

The 1982 game was a big one that CCHS won 14-12. Other big CCHS wins were in 1996 when they defeated Jefferson County in their state runner-up year and a 1998 see-saw affair.

from what the old timers say, the first few meetings between these two schools were wild. one guy told me a few years back that the night before a game at CCHS in the 70s, the JCHS players went up and hung dead chickens all over the stadium.

also heard something to the effect that a JCHS star player in the 70s (not sure who) had to wear a different number during the CCHS game b/c the fighting cocks were threatening to put him out of the game at all costs. some freshman reserve wore his number and stood on the sidelines all night.

I don`t think we would call that play over and over even if it did work. Personally I would have ran the fade as many times as it took till DB took some guys off the line. I know this, if we ran a running play that got us 50yds we`d run it again, heck we`d probable call it till the cows came home. I think we want to be a power run team like the teams of the past, and we're willing to do it at all cost. We're either going to win by the run, or not at all seems to be the philosophy, which works when you have the lines like we`ve had in the past with a Upton, Jennings, or Houston type guy in the backfield. Sorry but we just don`t have team to blast through teams even if they do have 9 guys in the box like we have in the past. If you aren`t at least somewhat balanced on offense it will eventually catch up to you, and after CC the schedule doesn`t get an easier.

agree JC4, they put 9 in the box to do one thing, stop the run. and we don't have the lines we did in the past to blow people off the ball, nor the speed to get the corner. we're not going to be playing any all american corners this year to my knowledge, so i would take my chances and throw it at least a few times a game. they cant stop both the run and the pass with 9 in the box.

i see stepp running things to the outside and up top, thats where he can be most effective and seems to be comfortable. find a TE or 2nd WR to work the middle. like JC4 said, it doesnt get any easier after this Friday. and game film on the Pats isnt going to lie to the 2nd half of our schedule-- need more balance IMHO

from what the old timers say, the first few meetings between these two schools were wild. one guy told me a few years back that the night before a game at CCHS in the 70s, the JCHS players went up and hung dead chickens all over the stadium.

also heard something to the effect that a JCHS star player in the 70s (not sure who) had to wear a different number during the CCHS game b/c the fighting cocks were threatening to put him out of the game at all costs. some freshman reserve wore his number and stood on the sidelines all night.

We beat CC there in the 80's and our coach said "leave your helmets on and run to the bus". We got pelted with rocks. One of our student managers got punched that night when he found himself away from the team as well.

Barb,

I am sorry that I don't have time to count the other CC threads, much less reread them. I am usually somewhere called 'work'. When I did get the chance to read posts during, let's say, basketball season, I was rather distracted by the satisfaction you apparently get from arguing with PTS Sportswriter and disrespecting Cocke County. Greeneville is the mecca of high school athletics, so there is no point in trying to be proud of our teams. Everyone knows that the Devils are the best thing since sliced bread, so please give it a rest.

It deeply saddens me that this will probably be the last post I have for a while. I am not privileged enough to check these forums every 30 minutes.

Good luck Patriots! Give 'em heck Cocke County!

So you don't have time to count 5 posts but you can come on this thread and knock me around for no reason. As far as Pt goes....as a member of the MEDIA, he's fair game and I don't rightly recall disrespecting Cocke County ....Last time I checked, respect is earned. I don't think a 42-0 whipping gonna earn much respect for your combative poultry. If JC runs the ball effectively, your D will be huffing and puffing by halftime. Greeneville had excellent field position all night because the CC line, as big as they are, could not help your QB mount any sort of drive much past mid-field.(although CC did make a late drive that was stopped by Greeneville reserves on the 7 yd line) Greeneville scored 42 UNANSWERED points (35 of them in the first half) on 279 yards of offense. The mercy rule was in effect the entire 4th. Its pretty hard on the CC with so many boys playing both ways if the clock doesn't stop. Those big 'ol boys on the CC o-line were being blown off by what admittedly is an undersized Greeneville D, who are still missing tackles... If you want to argue football I'll hang with you but if all you can do is come on this thread and launch personal attacks against me, well, frankly your not making much of a case for the "Cocke County faithful".

Boy old faces just popping out of the woodwork all over the place, 1st Lawyer now HeathHelton. Nice of you guys to just leave me to fight off the wolves while you guys hung out in the bunker.......j/k glad to have you guys back /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

way off topic, but what was the name of the dad, uh, poster who was pretty vocal during the first euvarard season? typed in all caps... he still around or did he fade off after the son stuck with baseball?

So you don't have time to count 5 posts but you can come on this thread and knock me around for no reason. As far as Pt goes....as a member of the MEDIA, he's fair game and I don't rightly recall disrespecting Cocke County ....Last time I checked, respect is earned. I don't think a 42-0 whipping gonna earn much respect for your combative poultry. If JC runs the ball effectively, your D will be huffing and puffing by halftime. Greeneville had excellent field position all night because the CC line, as big as they are, could not help your QB mount any sort of drive much past mid-field.(although CC did make a late drive that was stopped by Greeneville reserves on the 7 yd line) Greeneville scored 42 UNANSWERED points (35 of them in the first half) on 279 yards of offense. The mercy rule was in effect the entire 4th. Its pretty hard on the CC with so many boys playing both ways if the clock doesn't stop. Those big 'ol boys on the CC o-line were being blown off by what admittedly is an undersized Greeneville D, who are still missing tackles... If you want to argue football I'll hang with you but if all you can do is come on this thread and launch personal attacks against me, well, frankly your not making much of a case for the "Cocke County faithful".

barb is basically right i was at the game and CC offensive line is one of the biggest in the conference but they were playing soft and were gettin beat by a much smaller greeneville d line, cc cant get anything done on offense bad play calling, bad execution, and bad field position. cchs defense has been really bad too so jeff county will handle cchs easily because cchs isnt the same type of team or program that was seen when the rivarly was taking place in the 70-90's, but if cchs plays hard and exectes you never know what can happen