Marion County v. Whitwell

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your young lads from Marion will win this one going away. WhitWell will not be able to stop Marion's passing attack. In the jamboree, it didn't look like the young lads from WhitWell could pass very well. I think Marion will stack the box on them and limit them to less than 200 yards of offense. Marion County will win by AT LEAST 3 touchdowns.

Bill, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your young lads from Marion will win this one going away. WhitWell will not be able to stop Marion's passing attack. In the jamboree, it didn't look like the young lads from WhitWell could pass very well. I think Marion will stack the box on them and limit them to less than 200 yards of offense. Marion County will win by AT LEAST 3 touchdowns.

The Tigers have a capable qb and receivers, but the load falls on the O line this week to step up and do their job protecting. Same goes for the D line and linebackers. They need to step up their intensity level. The Tigers don't typically break big plays, but they can grind it out and keep hammerin' on you. I'm sure that Coach Montgomery has emphasized the importance of good pass protection going into this game. Good luck to the Tigers. I hope that none of the guys from either team gets injured. Which game will you attend this Friday, Legend? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I do not understand what you are talking about ( i firmly disagree with this history lesson you speak of. The Warriors have fallen one time since the eighty's (87 I belive correct me if im wrong) to the Tigers. So if anyone in Whitwell is going to be giving a history lesson this week you will see it at school not at Tiger Stadium Friday night ).

The history lesson I was going to share with some people is how difficult and tough it is playing in Whitwell. Marion County lost in 1987 and 2003 at Whitwell High School. Marion County has dominated the series but it is a tough place to play. Both teams play very aggressive and physical with no punches held.

I look for a game like many before that has been played between the two schools. I believe Marion County has too many weapons for the Tigers though. It will be close until after halftime but I expect Marion to pull away late in the 3rd quarter.

I agree with you bill....Whitwell always plays us hard...And yes I remember the whitwell week for you....I told you after the game the win was for you....But back to the game it will be close to halftime..... Then marion wins big!!!!!

Marion 42

Whitwell 12

I agree with you bill....Whitwell always plays us hard...And yes I remember the whitwell week for you....I told you after the game the win was for you....But back to the game it will be close to halftime..... Then marion wins big!!!!!

Marion 42

Whitwell 12

Thanks I remember that and I have a good idea who you are now. I can't wait til tomorrow ( Thursday ). I am getting my little pep talk all ready for the kids. It will be the most fun I have had since last year around this time.

Do any of you remember the sign I hang up in my room during this week? That will be the main topic!!

Check out the MCHS Football website tomorrow morning around 8:30 to refresh your memory

The Tigers have a capable qb and receivers, but the load falls on the O line this week to step up and do their job protecting. Same goes for the D line and linebackers. They need to step up their intensity level. The Tigers don't typically break big plays, but they can grind it out and keep hammerin' on you. I'm sure that Coach Montgomery has emphasized the importance of good pass protection going into this game. Good luck to the Tigers. I hope that none of the guys from either team gets injured. Which game will you attend this Friday, Legend? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Sam, I will be attending the South Pitt/Tyner game. So Sam is a "Traitor" you say? What year did you graduate and become a "Traitor" at another valley school. You said it, not me. I think Marion will whip up on Whitwell pretty bad on Friday night though. Goodluck. I hope you and Bill49 don't get into it at the game.

Sam, I will be attending the South Pitt/Tyner game. So Sam is a "Traitor" you say? What year did you graduate and become a "Traitor" at another valley school. You said it, not me. I think Marion will whip up on Whitwell pretty bad on Friday night though. Goodluck. I hope you and Bill49 don't get into it at the game.

Sam knows I am just pulling his chain. He is and will do good things at Whitwell. He has a staff that is one of the best in the valley, his boys are having to be re-programmed in the ways that Sam was taught how to play football, and the community loves that big old teddy bear. Give him another year or two and Whitwell will be making some big noise in the valley.

Thanks I remember that and I have a good idea who you are now. I can't wait til tomorrow ( Thursday ). I am getting my little pep talk all ready for the kids. It will be the most fun I have had since last year around this time.

Do any of you remember the sign I hang up in my room during this week? That will be the main topic!!

Check out the MCHS Football website tomorrow morning around 8:30 to refresh your memory

You better be ready for that speech at twelve thirty tomorow. I told you you can never tell who might show up. But id like to know what you think about Whitwells marquis. Whitwell vs Jasper i belive is what it reads. Now aint that just a smack in the face. Well Friday night is gonna be great!!! These MARION COUNTY boys will be ready to roll.. An one more time..

MARION- 28+

WHITWELL- 0

We Are.......Marion County!!!!!!!

You better be ready for that speech at twelve thirty tomorow. I told you you can never tell who might show up. But id like to know what you think about Whitwells marquis. Whitwell vs Jasper i belive is what it reads. Now aint that just a smack in the face. Well Friday night is gonna be great!!! These MARION COUNTY boys will be ready to roll.. An one more time..

MARION- 28+

WHITWELL- 0

We Are.......Marion County!!!!!!!

I asked some Whitwell kids who they played this Friday and of course all of them said Jasper. My response to them was that is great you might get a win against Jasper Middle School Warriors. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No offense to Coach Webb and the Middle School Warriors

Yes i do remember the sign it read the heros in red shined tonight.... They have but that friday we wripped them...And my senior it was 13 7... This game to whitwell is there super bowl game... But just like I said it dont matter wnat it is marion will roll in this one... Good Luck Warriors Friday night.... Oh and by the way Bill this game is still for you in my mind!!!!!

Yes i do remember the sign it read the heros in red shined tonight.... They have but that friday we wripped them...And my senior it was 13 7... This game to whitwell is there super bowl game... But just like I said it dont matter wnat it is marion will roll in this one... Good Luck Warriors Friday night.... Oh and by the way Bill this game is still for you in my mind!!!!!

That is not exactly what it said. Check the website in the morning and it will bring back fond memories. You have some fond memories of South Pittsburg as well if I remember correctly ( 2005 game - MCHS 13 South Pittsburg 12 ) and ( 2004 game - MCHS 27 South Pittsburg 22 )