Marion County v. Whitwell

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have followed football in the valley for a long time. Marion does usually beat my Tigers. But, I dont think there is a player out there that will say that Whitwell is a game they can take lightly. We have a new coach and a new attitude. I think the boys will get better each week. I dont wont to make a prediction. I dont do to good with those. I will just set back and watch the boards to see what everyone else has to say. Where is Mikelinebacker, volsbbfan, mcroadwarrior, purplegrad, mcdad,and all the other Warrior faithful. I would like to hear what they have to say. Good luck to both teams and I hope for a safe game for all players.

I am no expert. I have seen all of Marion's games and I have heard all about the Whitwell games. From what I have heard Whitwell does have a new attitude and Sam has worked as hard as any coach in the valley. With that said, I still think that Marion will win this one.

bill49 i think you may be a closet whitwell fan or just REALLY LIKE montgomery...............cubby says go tigers

Sam and I are brothers. Can't you see the resemblance? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bill i totally agree that its always a tough, phisical game. Last season the "You Got Nailed" award went to a couple of Warrior boys in this game. Thats how physical it is. However the upper hand the past two years has by far went to the men dressed in purple and white. I totally agree with you Bill about the toughness of this game however i firmly disagree with this history lesson you speak of. The Warriors have fallen one time since the eighty's (87 I belive correct me if im wrong) to the Tigers. So if anyone in Whitwell is going to be giving a history lesson this week you will see it at school not at Tiger Stadium Friday night. And dont get me wrong im not refering to Friday nights game and who is going to win im just refering to the history of the two teams. Good luck to the Warriors and the Tigers in this one it should be a great night for Tennesse High School Football.

Marion- 28+

Whitwell- 0

We Are..........Marion County!!!!!!

I do not understand what you are talking about ( i firmly disagree with this history lesson you speak of. The Warriors have fallen one time since the eighty's (87 I belive correct me if im wrong) to the Tigers. So if anyone in Whitwell is going to be giving a history lesson this week you will see it at school not at Tiger Stadium Friday night ).

The history lesson I was going to share with some people is how difficult and tough it is playing in Whitwell. Marion County lost in 1987 and 2003 at Whitwell High School. Marion County has dominated the series but it is a tough place to play. Both teams play very aggressive and physical with no punches held.

I look for a game like many before that has been played between the two schools. I believe Marion County has too many weapons for the Tigers though. It will be close until after halftime but I expect Marion to pull away late in the 3rd quarter.

i think this is the game to see who gets bill49 as a coach for their team whoever wins he gets their full support instead of 50/50

Regardless who wins Marion County is my team. I hve put in a lot of sweat, blood and tears at that school so don't try to question who I am for!!

I have gone to a couple of Whitwell games this year ( LV and Temple ) because my two daughters want to play with their friends. Do any of you have a problem with that?

Sam and I go back at least 20 years and he is a close friend of mind. Do any of you have a problem with that?

On my way home from school I try and stop and walk my three miles at least 4 times a week around the track at Whitwell High School because I live in Crossroads. Do any of you have a problem with that?

If Sam ask me a question about football I try to be as honest to him as I can? Do any of you have a problem with that?

You have more hair... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA not much /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I do not understand what you are talking about ( i firmly disagree with this history lesson you speak of. The Warriors have fallen one time since the eighty's (87 I belive correct me if im wrong) to the Tigers. So if anyone in Whitwell is going to be giving a history lesson this week you will see it at school not at Tiger Stadium Friday night ).

The history lesson I was going to share with some people is how difficult and tough it is playing in Whitwell. Marion County lost in 1987 and 2003 at Whitwell High School. Marion County has dominated the series but it is a tough place to play. Both teams play very aggressive and physical with no punches held.

I look for a game like many before that has been played between the two schools. I believe Marion County has too many weapons for the Tigers though. It will be close until after halftime but I expect Marion to pull away late in the 3rd quarter.

Sorry Bill, i missunderstood your post but i totaly agree that the atmosphere is pretty intense on either field when these two teams meet. It will be a hard fought game till the half. But the start of the second half will be all Marion. Marion simply has more play makers. An yes the line has been suspect at times so far this season but I belive they got it in them to have a good practice an come out strong this week. They may need one of those pep talks they use to get on the Thursday of Whitwell week.

Sorry Bill, i missunderstood your post but i totaly agree that the atmosphere is pretty intense on either field when these two teams meet. It will be a hard fought game till the half. But the start of the second half will be all Marion. Marion simply has more play makers. An yes the line has been suspect at times so far this season but I belive they got it in them to have a good practice an come out strong this week. They may need one of those pep talks they use to get on the Thursday of Whitwell week.

You remember those? Whitwell week was always mind. I believe I practiced to much on my classes during the week but it usually worked out for the best. If you want to stop by around 12:30 Thursday I will see what I can work up.

You remember those? Whitwell week was always mind. I believe I practiced to much on my classes during the week but it usually worked out for the best. If you want to stop by around 12:30 Thursday I will see what I can work up.

You never know who might show up at 12:30 Thursday so tommorow you might want to practice instead of lecturing on supply and demand or whatever it is you are teaching those kids these day.

We Are........Marion County!!!!