Marion County v. Whitwell

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opportunity to chat with a jasper player today for a short while in wallyworld. he impressed me by seeming to already have put the tyner loss aside and talked about being excited about the upcoming whitwell game. If the other jasper players are still as motivated as this young man seemed to be they still ahve hope to salvage something out of this season. I believe jasper will right there ship friday night and take it to whitwell. I will say this though, whether jasper gets the win or not, if they give up big points to whitwell i absolutely will refuse to pick them again all yearr regardless of who they play. At some point that defense just has to step up and hold somebody. Good luck to both teams and everyone stay healthy.

Mr. Capone, did you have a good trip yesterday? I had a little bit better trip to "The Plains." After the past two weekends, we were due a good feeling on the drive home. I don't think New Mexico State really qualifies as a "Quality Win" though. I agree with you, Marion County will make the young lads from Whitwell bow down in a big way on Friday night.

Mr. Capone, did you have a good trip yesterday? I had a little bit better trip to "The Plains." After the past two weekends, we were due a good feeling on the drive home. I don't think New Mexico State really qualifies as a "Quality Win" though. I agree with you, Marion County will make the young lads from Whitwell bow down in a big way on Friday night.

Yes Mr Legend my trip to old K Town was a bit more enjoyable than that nightmare last week to tatertown down south. We won, we still stink, we probably wont win many more unless some improvements are made soon. thank goodness for an off week.

using your words, the young lad i spoke to today at wallyworld was pumped up about the rest of jaspers season. assuming that defense learns to actually tackle this week i just dont see whitwell giving the warriors much of a game. I for one hate to see volhooker leave this forum. I thought he made a lot of sense just judging from the two games ive personally seen jasper play this year. Bad coaching, bad players or just bad karma who cares. a team just cant win many games giving up points like jasper has for the past two years.

Yes Mr Legend my trip to old K Town was a bit more enjoyable than that nightmare last week to tatertown down south. We won, we still stink, we probably wont win many more unless some improvements are made soon. thank goodness for an off week.

using your words, the young lad i spoke to today at wallyworld was pumped up about the rest of jaspers season. assuming that defense learns to actually tackle this week i just dont see whitwell giving the warriors much of a game. I for one hate to see volhooker leave this forum. I thought he made a lot of sense just judging from the two games ive personally seen jasper play this year. Bad coaching, bad players or just bad karma who cares. a team just cant win many games giving up points like jasper has for the past two years.

I appreciate the sentiment Al...I didn't say I was leaving all together...I just will not be giving my opinions any more. I just try to be true and unbiased about the games...good, bad, or ugly...but my comments about the coaching really upset some of the coache's friends on this board, and I do NOT want to cause people undue hurt...so it will just be general comments and score predictions for me...but I do thank you for your kind words!

Marion should win this one easily. Marion has to many major weapons in the skilled positions. All-State QB, 4 good Wide Receivers, and a couple of tough runners in the backfield should be able to handle the tigers with ease. Marion County's offensive line has had a difficult time against Tyner and Boyd but Whitwell does not have any lineman that should give Marion problems. Marion has lost 3 of the last 4 games against tough competition whereas Whitwell has lost against 1 good team but lost to a very average group from Grundy County.

There will be no nuts for the tigers to find on the field this Friday night. Marion County by at least 21 points!!

...The key word is 'should'...MC by 14

It is always tough to play at Whitwell. I believe the score of the 2005 game was MCHS 13 Whitwell 7, 2003 MCHS 13 Whitwell 24, and 2001 MCHS 14 Whitwell 6. It is no given that the Warriors will win when playing at WHS but I expect them to get a history lesson this week about how tough it is to play up there and they will understand the importance of going up there well prepared.

bill49 i think you may be a closet whitwell fan or just REALLY LIKE montgomery...............cubby says go tigers