Mt. Juliet at Lebanon

MJ AND BEYOND

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Lebanon just seems to be too one dimensional this year. I don't like their chances in a shootout type game at all, which is what we had in the 1st half. I also don't like their chances if trying to comeback from more than one score down late in a game. They feel like they have to throw it and, well you saw what happens when def. knows that Lebanon is passing (2 picks). as a blue devil fan it really makes me sick to see an ath like matthew maynard not get a shot at qb. way better ath and gives you another weapon in the backfield.the real sad thing about also is people in the stands see it , but i guess we have to keep the salis famliy happy. i just thought i would say it since nobody has.

Lebanon doesn't have alot of two way starters. Matthew Maynard is an important part of the secondary and maybe Coach Brown wants to keep him fresh for defense so that is why he is not starting at QB? Or it could be for the reason you state...i'm really not sure. I do think that regardless of how many snaps M. Maynard has to play next season (off. & def.), he will definitely be the QB. There is no doubt that he has a stronger arm and he did look to be more elusive in the backfield while at QB last night (granted MJ was no longer crowding the line of scrimmage at that point as they were trying to prevent anything from getting behind them but it does make you wonder)