East Hickman Eagles vs. Adamsville Cardinals

mountain mafia

No offense taken, but you will see what I am talking about Friday night. We are very talented, but very young. OUr kids have started making the turn and should be ready to bust out htis week. They did not like being selected for homecoming. We control our own destiny as far as playoffs and it starts with winning this week, eventhough it is non region. I think the fact you guys played a regular schedule will help you in the future.

I think this game will be closer than the Adamsville fans have predicted. East had a hickup last Friday against a better than average Richland team. I feel that East Hickman matches up better with Adamsville's style of play than any team they have played so far. I also feel that this will be the closest game that East has played so far. Adamsville's stats highlight the fact that their defense is suspect to the running game. East Hickman is a running team. Adamsville's stats also detail that they like to throw the football. The Eagles have had a pretty solid pass defense so far this season. I picked East last week (I was mistaken). I will give East the slight edge this week (I hope I won't be mistaken!). Their will be a ton of emotion for this one for the Eagles. I think it will be close and definately fun to watch. EHHS - 27 AHS- 24. Good luck to both teams Friday!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game will be closer than the Adamsville fans have predicted. East had a hickup last Friday against a better than average Richland team. I feel that East Hickman matches up better with Adamsville's style of play than any team they have played so far. I also feel that this will be the closest game that East has played so far. Adamsville's stats highlight the fact that their defense is suspect to the running game. East Hickman is a running team. Adamsville's stats also detail that they like to throw the football. The Eagles have had a pretty solid pass defense so far this season. I picked East last week (I was mistaken). I will give East the slight edge this week (I hope I won't be mistaken!). Their will be a ton of emotion for this one for the Eagles. I think it will be close and definately fun to watch. EHHS - 27 AHS- 24. Good luck to both teams Friday!

I do not think you are giving Adamsville the credit they deserve. They are an above average team that can turn a game in a moments notice. We have a long way to go before we are where we want to be but you must build one year at a time. I think this week Josh Carroll has a coming out party and celebrates the week of the beaver with a bunch of tackles. I also do not believe you can stop the running duo of Sanders and Mclain. Just when you think that happens then comes along Melton and he starts lighting you up. I still think the Cards are just too much for the Eagles. Though I will lower my earlier prediction.

Adamsville 34

East Hickman 14

Adamsville is younger than East Hickman and they also have a freshman quarterback. But they'll win by 21.

Adamsville may be young...but they are NOT younger than E. Hickman. East Hickman may have one of the youngest teams in AA. The overwhelming majority of their players are freshman and sophomores. The upper classsmen from the county stayed to play football at Hickman Co. High. The few upperclassmen that the Eagles do have on their team are inexperienced (and should be considered "young" in football terms). I know Adamsville starts a young set of skill players...East Hickman's skill players are also very young.

Adamsville may be young...but they are NOT younger than E. Hickman. East Hickman may have one of the youngest teams in AA. The overwhelming majority of their players are freshman and sophomores. The upper classsmen from the county stayed to play football at Hickman Co. High. The few upperclassmen that the Eagles do have on their team are inexperienced (and should be considered "young" in football terms). I know Adamsville starts a young set of skill players...East Hickman's skill players are also very young.

Let's see here. Adamsville has 5 seniors on their entire club. One is injured and the other four get spotted playing time. The Qb is a freshman, the kicker is a freshman, the anchor on defense is a sophomore, The secondary is full of freshmen and sophomnores with a couple of juniors spread throughout. D-line is sophomores mostly and o-line only has a couple of juniors. SO yes we are very young, maybe not as young as the eagles, but just as young. THe same goes for our upperclassmen as far as experience goes. For all but 2 or 3 they are first year players.

Regardless, Adamsville controls their fate and does not want to be on the outside looking in when it comes to playoffs. All they have to do is win the games they are supposed to win. They are supposed to win this game and I think you will see that happen tomorrow night. I hope it is injury free and good clean game all around. I know the eagles are headed in the right direction, but they will have to wait until another night to claim that first W.

Josh Carroll bring the pain and the rest oftheCardinal defense we need to pitch a shut out as we build and get ready to return to region play next week. James and Justin need to run like they are capable of running and it will all take care of itself. One heart, ONe beat.

East hickman has by far the youngest Varsity team in the state, there are many kids having to fill some big shoes ,they really should be playing some of these spots yet, but they are doing it the end result has not been a win, but they are gonna give you all they can . just remember those are Freshmen and Sophmores your playing, some have not even hit puberty yet. Win or lose just think what this team will be doing to folks in a few years................... Matt Jones is setting the stage for a dynomite team, But if you take us lightly...........you will be going home a cooked bird.

East hickman has by far the youngest Varsity team in the state, there are many kids having to fill some big shoes ,they really should be playing some of these spots yet, but they are doing it the end result has not been a win, but they are gonna give you all they can . just remember those are Freshmen and Sophmores your playing, some have not even hit puberty yet. Win or lose just think what this team will be doing to folks in a few years................... Matt Jones is setting the stage for a dynomite team, But if you take us lightly...........you will be going home a cooked bird.

What is this, a who has got the youngest team contest? Both teams are full of young inexperienced kids!

Happy now! Let's play ball! Go RED RAGE!

Let The Bone Roll Baby!!!!!!!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

If you have followed my posts I have said that you will benefit from playing a regular schedule this year down the road. It reaaly does not matter who is the youngest all that matters is who is going to score the most points. OUr kids have not reached the point to where we can overlook anyone, but you are dealing with kids. I have seen these kids working their butts off for the last couple of years so that they will be a contender every year. We have a long way to go, but we are headed in the right direction. This will be a determined team rolling into town so watch out. It is too long of a ride home to take a loss so if nothing else I am trying to will a win out of these boys.

Utvol you have watched hometown legends too many times. I bet you would like to practice on the tennis court wouldn't you? HA! ha! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Mountain Mafia.....Help me out....Word on the Street is that there was am IMPLOSION last Friday night @ Richland. I heard that a couple of Parents (which shall remain nameless) errupted on Coach Jones after the game beacuse he refused to play their son because of a pouting stint in the locker room at half time. I heard that one of the parents said "my son has a chance at a scholarship and you ruined it" or something to that affect. I was just wandering if that was the case and I knew you be able to get the scoop!!!! Poor Coach Jones!!!!

If you have followed my posts I have said that you will benefit from playing a regular schedule this year down the road. It reaaly does not matter who is the youngest all that matters is who is going to score the most points. OUr kids have not reached the point to where we can overlook anyone, but you are dealing with kids. I have seen these kids working their butts off for the last couple of years so that they will be a contender every year. We have a long way to go, but we are headed in the right direction. This will be a determined team rolling into town so watch out. It is too long of a ride home to take a loss so if nothing else I am trying to will a win out of these boys.

Utvol you have watched hometown legends too many times. I bet you would like to practice on the tennis court wouldn't you? HA! ha! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Only if I am not the one running the ball! ha! ha! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />