Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

boyfromsi

I am interested to know what Shattuck was saying?? How can you expect them to teach any different? That's how the coaches act and they are supposed to be Adults and teachers!!...they think it's okay for their Off. Coord. to cuss the kids out on a daily basis..not to mention the other off the field influence that he shows...and the Head Coach and AD just put up with all of this...they are not taking the best interest of these kids into consideration...You will have to explain the word INTEGRITY to the Clinton Head Coach and AD....they do not know what that word means...who cares if you almost win a game if you are going to act like thugs afterwards....

I have to agree with you about the language. That has been an issue in the past at Oak Ridge also. I am PROUD to say that this year Coach Stevens, starting with himself, has taken that up with the other coach's and even the team. To the point of challenging the seniors to lead by example the rest of the team.

For the last 4 years I have been involved with the Oak Ridge football program. I can't say that I have always been proud of what I have seen or heard. But.....standing at the goal post last night I was able to hear what was said in the Clinton huddle. The Booster Club of Oak Ridge High School football has a vested interest in our "house" or better word would be our "ship".

I was appalled and lost respect for Clinton's program. One of my questions would be; what exactly is the coaching staff teaching? Are we teaching respect for others or disrespect for others? I will not repeat what was said, you can ask the man himself. It will be up to speak the truth. I can tell you I was not impressed.

In the past several years it had seemed that Clinton had several obstacles that had taken the wind out of there sails. I was very happy to see them win last week over South-Doyle and thought they played very well last night.

There was 1 exception, I was extremely proud of a player from Clinton (I think it was No. 88) for the mature way in which he handled another team member. When his fellow team mate was loosing his dignity, he took control of the situation explaining to him why you don't act the embarrassing way he was. It is one thing for a coach to do that, but a completely different story when coming from someone your own age. Then this morning talking I had the pleasure to talk with No. 32 from Clinton. We were extremely impressed with this young man they way he carried himself and talked about last nights game and Clinton's future seasons. The family's of the these 2 young men should be very proud. There attitudes had to come from family influence because I can assure you it didn't come from the coach's.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am interested to know what Shattuck was saying?? How can you expect them to teach any different? That's how the coaches act and they are supposed to be Adults and teachers!!...they think it's okay for their Off. Coord. to cuss the kids out on a daily basis..not to mention the other off the field influence that he shows...and the Head Coach and AD just put up with all of this...they are not taking the best interest of these kids into consideration...You will have to explain the word INTEGRITY to the Clinton Head Coach and AD....they do not know what that word means...who cares if you almost win a game if you are going to act like thugs afterwards....

AnythingIsPossible all you have done the past month is bash Clinton, so ride the coat tails of the oak ridge people in bashing clinton. I to was on field and seen stevens act like a idot. all clinton coach did was try to talk to stevens and tell him that the asst principal of oak ridge said the kids could come on to the field and support their team. maybe stevens is feeling pressure from other teams in anderson co. Anderson Co. kicked their butt in jambree and Clinton should have beat them friday night. Oak Ridge people liked it better when Clinton sat their and took their lumps and didnt say nothing. It's a new world now Clinton is back and Oak Ridge better look out. Stevens better not worry about Clinton he better worry about William Blount, McMinn Co., Farrugut, and making the playoffs.

Yes, they are "That Good",& could be much better if they were encouraged by ALL their coaches

instead of being called the worst profane names you can think of!

ATownDown, you don't have a clue what your talking about, profane names what are you talking about . the team is playing well right now. maybe you are a ex player who didnt want to work hard and is now throwing stones at coaches becuse they wouldnt let you play.

You will have to explain the word INTEGRITY to the Clinton Head Coach and AD....they do not know what that word means...who cares if you almost win a game if you are going to act like thugs afterwards....

I was their and the only thug i seen was the oak ridge head coach, pushing kids and pushing the coach from clinton.

Yes, they are "That Good",& could be much better if they were encouraged by ALL their coaches

instead of being called the worst profane names you can think of!

ATownDown, you don't have a clue what your talking about, profane names what are you talking about . the team is playing well right now. maybe you are a ex player who didnt want to work hard and is now throwing stones at coaches becuse they wouldnt let you play.

Bullrock you are the ONLY one that has no clue...ask the players about the names that they have been called..there are lots to pick from...all we are saying is there is more to coaching...we are proud of the players and they deserve to win every game, but the coaches have to grow up and teach the kids what is important....

You folks over in Clinton need to make up your minds what you want. You are finally winning some games and now you're worrying about people calling people names. Have any of you ever been to football practice? I'd say the players curse more than the coaches, I'm sure that's the case in Oak Ridge. Maybe we need to start a church league.

I have to agree with you about the language. That has been an issue in the past at Oak Ridge also. I am PROUD to say that this year Coach Stevens, starting with himself, has taken that up with the other coach's and even the team. To the point of challenging the seniors to lead by example the rest of the team.

For the last 4 years I have been involved with the Oak Ridge football program. I can't say that I have always been proud of what I have seen or heard. But.....standing at the goal post last night I was able to hear what was said in the Clinton huddle. The Booster Club of Oak Ridge High School football has a vested interest in our "house" or better word would be our "ship".

I was appalled and lost respect for Clinton's program. One of my questions would be; what exactly is the coaching staff teaching? Are we teaching respect for others or disrespect for others? I will not repeat what was said, you can ask the man himself. It will be up to speak the truth. I can tell you I was not impressed.

In the past several years it had seemed that Clinton had several obstacles that had taken the wind out of there sails. I was very happy to see them win last week over South-Doyle and thought they played very well last night.

There was 1 exception, I was extremely proud of a player from Clinton (I think it was No. 88) for the mature way in which he handled another team member. When his fellow team mate was loosing his dignity, he took control of the situation explaining to him why you don't act the embarrassing way he was. It is one thing for a coach to do that, but a completely different story when coming from someone your own age. Then this morning talking I had the pleasure to talk with No. 32 from Clinton. We were extremely impressed with this young man they way he carried himself and talked about last nights game and Clinton's future seasons. The family's of the these 2 young men should be very proud. There attitudes had to come from family influence because I can assure you it didn't come from the coach's.

Well, I can tell you that there is no point in asking Coach Shattuck to repeat what he said, because he will just lie about it....He does not know what SPEAKING THE TRUTH means....I hate that our coach is giving this program a bad reputation..the kids deserve much better...they are working hard! Great Job #88 and #32 for showing class in spite of what you are being taught.....

You folks over in Clinton need to make up your minds what you want. You are finally winning some games and now you're worrying about people calling people names. Have any of you ever been to football practice? I'd say the players curse more than the coaches, I'm sure that's the case in Oak Ridge. Maybe we need to start a church league.

I personally think that church leagues are good....You can win and still have CLASS, that is the point...Just look at Maryville...The players probably do curse, but they are not the ones who are supposed to be the role models....

SORRY, MOST CHURCH LEAGUES ARE WORSE

While there is parents on here worrying about what names there kids are being called on the practice field. when they are 10X worse inside the school walls by other class mates. the coaches just say the simplest things they can, to get int he kids heads, to make them play. to make them get an attitude.. it's not a personal derogatory statement. it's just part of the mental aspect of the game. it's to get them to get some fire in the pants.