Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

boyfromsi

While there is parents on here worrying about what names there kids are being called on the practice field. when they are 10X worse inside the school walls by other class mates. the coaches just say the simplest things they can, to get int he kids heads, to make them play. to make them get an attitude.. it's not a personal derogatory statement. it's just part of the mental aspect of the game. it's to get them to get some fire in the pants.

How the Clinton coaches address their team would seem to be an internal Clinton issue. I will say there is alot of cussing all around in football. It really doesn't set the kind of example that you would want to set. No one would probably fault the occasional slip, but when it's a steady diet, then it's wrong.

What I was wondering was, who gave the Clinton kids permission to go on the field. If it was an OR person then they didn't do anything wrong by going. Tank saw a security guard or policeman taking them toward the field. Was it an OR person leading them?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think that in today's world there are 20 people with a video of the whole mess. I'm surprised it's not all over Utube by now. Then we could see what really happened. Otherwise it's just a bunch of rumors of who said and did what, depending on what side of the field you sat on.

Ole Dad

How the Clinton coaches address their team would seem to be an internal Clinton issue. I will say there is alot of cussing all around in football. It really doesn't set the kind of example that you would want to set. No one would probably fault the occasional slip, but when it's a steady diet, then it's wrong.

What I was wondering was, who gave the Clinton kids permission to go on the field. If it was an OR person then they didn't do anything wrong by going. Tank saw a security guard or policeman taking them toward the field. Was it an OR person leading them?

What does the future hold for coach Stevens?

I couldn't venture a guess. Football coaching is a tough job. If you have a couple of down years, you are always looking over your shoulder. I also wonder how much control the AD has in coaching decisions. As in, hiring/promoting/firing assistant coaches.

They have a pretty strong team for the next couple of years. We'll see.

Once again you are wrong. There is video of the entire event, with audio. Stand by for the truth because it is all coming out, and not just some misinformation from sore losers.

Ole Dad

to answer earlier ?'s

Yes, Clinton students had permission from OR administration to go onto the field, and there is some video footage of the incident, but only after Coach Stevens physically assaulted the Clinton coach and students.

Oh, for goodness sakes I'm not a sore loser! How did I imply that I was being a sore loser? First off the video footage that I'm talking about is from the press box, I can't comment on others video. Secondly, Ole Dad you can't claim that I have given misinformation when I was on the field and witnessed everything first hand. I have several first hand accounts to go along with my version. I'm very proud of the Clinton Dragons and all that the boys did Friday night! I'm very happy with the way they played. In fact, since the Dragons lost I'm still very hungry for a victory! Keep up the good work Clinton!!!

Once again you are wrong. There is video of the entire event, with audio. Stand by for the truth because it is all coming out, and not just some misinformation from sore losers.

Ole Dad

The truth is , Coach Stevens got on radio after game and said the whole town of Clinton was thugs and some other things. Why was Oak Ridge admin. saying they were sorry for how their coach acted after game. Maybe a meeting first thing monday morning will get to the truth. ole dad bring yor tape with audio, after you see it you might want to hide it so no one else sees it. i was their and saw the whole thing. Stevens was mad about how his team played and took it out on some 17-18 kids from clinton. Then pushed a clinton coach when he tried to talk to him. Then some adults from oak ridge started cussing at Clinton coaches and pointing at score board. oak ridge won but got their as$ out played by clinton. im not a sore loser just stateing the facts as i seen them.

I think the biggest question is, Why did Coach Stevens lay hands on students and also curse them? The kids did have permission from an OR administrator to go on the field. Why did Coach Stevens physically assault a Clinton coach? I was about 30 ft from the whole thing from start to finish, the only thing I wasn't able to hear was the conversation between Stevens and the Clinton coaches, anyone got any input?

I know in the heat of the moment, often actions are made out of adrenaline, but Stevens came very close to starting a very ugly incident. There were numerous OR and Anderson County police officers on the field already, let them do their job and take care of any "unruly" students alledgely going to vandilize "The 'Ship". The players on any team are going to follow the lead of their headcoach, up to that point, things were very calm. Until Stevens ran accross the field, cursed and layed hands on HighSchool kids and then pushed another coach, then the players reacted.

We're all lucky that calmer heads prevailed and the rest of the OR and Clinton coaches understood the dynamics of the effects of a hot-headed coach coulda had and did a good job of getting their respectives players back and off the field.

its hard to swallow that these actions are taking away from an amazing game. as an OR graduate i must say that im impressed with the showing from clinton. i would really like to see this rivalry grow through stiffer competition. i know that most people would like to see a blow out but i think most others would like to see a hard fought contest between 2 programs. clinton good luck from here on out and oak ridge the same to you.

on another note now that OR is in their region games how does the rest of the year look?

TC