Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

boyfromsi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what happened it is not our coaches job to police the field after a game. That is the job of the administration. I guess what bothered me the most is that our players went running down toward the Clinton team like they were ready to rumble or something. I think it makes us look ridiculous. There were fans of all ages on the field while this was going on.

QUOTE(wildcatcrossing07 @ Oct 1 2007 - 12:10 PM)

bullyrock you truly are an idiot why would stevens be mad with the way his team played THEY WON remember

The fact is that oak ridge got out played friday night and yes stevens did push some students from clinton who had come onto field to support their team. Stevens also called the whole town of Clinton thugs on his radio show. I heard rumor that Stevens called coach Shattuck sunday to say he was sorry for how he acted on the field after game. i seen it all or i saw it all it dont matter how you say it, stevens showed his as% on the field after game. If i was a true oak ridge fan i would be worried about the program and the direction it is going in right now. and calling bullyrock an idot ain't going to change that.

QUOTE(wildcatcrossing07 @ Oct 1 2007 - 12:10 PM)

bullyrock you truly are an idiot why would stevens be mad with the way his team played THEY WON remember

The fact is that oak ridge got out played friday night and yes stevens did push some students from clinton who had come onto field to support their team. Stevens also called the whole town of Clinton thugs on his radio show. I heard rumor that Stevens called coach Shattuck sunday to say he was sorry for how he acted on the field after game. i seen it all or i saw it all it dont matter how you say it, stevens showed his as% on the field after game. If i was a true oak ridge fan i would be worried about the program and the direction it is going in right now. and calling bullyrock an idot ain't going to change that.

It sounds like Clinton felt this was a victory because they were in the lead for awhile and they played a good game without it being a blowout as in previous years. Also, someone gave the kids permission to go on the field. So, you can hardly blame the kids if they had permission. This was obviously not cleared with Coach Stevens. I'm not sure what he was reacting to. I'm surprised by now, the full story hasn't surfaced.

As a Clinton Alumni, that was on the field at the end of the game, I have to disagree with your comments. Protecting your home turf from senseless vandilism was a number one priority last night. When you have a coach/asst. coach tell team members and fans to "go for the goal post" it shows nothing more that ignorance and immaturity in there position. What were we teaching our young men or right and wrong?

Then after that, I was able to hear the speech during the huddle from Coach Shattuck; I was not happy at all with what I heard come from the from Andy Shattucks mouth during there huddle after the game. Clinton should not have any shame in how they played the game. This was the best I have seen them play in several years and was very proud as Alumni of what they brought to the field.

I didn't see the incident. I am not going to condone Stevens' actions as reported, but I am interested in what Blopesmate reports here. Apparently, she heard a Clinton coach telling fans and or players to "go for the goal post." If this is correct, Clinton fans might as well "put down their stones" and look in the mirror. Don't get me wrong, if Stevens was out of line I am ok with any discipline including termination that the OR administration sees fit. But if a Clinton coach told kids to go for the goal post, he too should be disciplined. Also, I am interested in what ever else she heard in the Clinton huddle if it applies to the conduct issue. If it is just coaches and players venting after a tough loss, that is their business. I'll jump out there and say if Stevens was out of line he should be called on it. Do you Clinton fans feel the same way if your coach tried to instigate vandalism?

Good game Clinton. You've got a lot to look forward to over the next few years. By the way, your middle school team is fantastic too. You've got some talent coming up soon too...

But if a Clinton coach told kids to go for the goal post, he too should be disciplined.

I agree if that was the case, but no one said anything about goalpost.Students were running to gather around their team, which was under the goal post. no one said a thing about tearing goal post down. after police got oak ridge fans and coaches away from clinton all i heard shattuck say was for the players to keep their heads up and be proud of how they played. He did not say anything negative about oak ridge like stevens did about clinton on his radio show.

Can you read the post below or just chose to ignore it because it doesn't suit your needs for sensationalism? Evidently blopesmate heard a Clinton coach tell the team and fans to go for the goal posts. I think this whole deal is over and done and just a bunch of hot air.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(blopesmate @ Sep 29 2007 - 01:32 PM)

As a Clinton Alumni, that was on the field at the end of the game, I have to disagree with your comments. Protecting your home turf from senseless vandilism was a number one priority last night. When you have a coach/asst. coach tell team members and fans to "go for the goal post" it shows nothing more that ignorance and immaturity in there position. What were we teaching our young men or right and wrong?

But if a Clinton coach told kids to go for the goal post, he too should be disciplined.

I agree if that was the case, but no one said anything about goalpost.Students were running to gather around their team, which was under the goal post. no one said a thing about tearing goal post down. after police got oak ridge fans and coaches away from clinton all i heard shattuck say was for the players to keep their heads up and be proud of how they played. He did not say anything negative about oak ridge like stevens did about clinton on his radio show.

Last I checked, it's not called Stevens Field. Last I checked, an assistant principal trumps a football coach. Not his field to be asked for permission.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound that way. What I meant was that he may not have been aware that they had permission and thought they were going to cause trouble. I am not saying that would justify pushing the kids or coach, but we haven't yet heard his side.