Silverdale vs. Temple

Green_Acres

I hope that you do not think that this person represents Grace at all. If that is what the problem is then I am sorry, but this person should not allowed to be on here. Are you referring to eaglemaniac's comments as the basis for saying "I find if difficult to believe are pleased with how some things are there."? I sure hope not. I again apologize for any thing he says even though he is not connected to Grace at all.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply that the negative reputation Grace has and continues to build isn't honoring to Christ, which the many good people there (thosse who don't participate or condone it) probably don't like.

The only person I've heard to speak of the "negative reputation of Grace" is you. You throw some pretty serious accusations around, claiming an institution isn't "honoring to Christ", be careful it may come back to bite you (ask Temple).

For what is worth, 51, I think you are primarily referring to Grace's student section when you talk about their negative reputation. From my experience over the years, the students have been allowed to pretty much do whatever they wanted during games, without restraint. Even though their principal has had to at least telephone Temple and apologize for inappropriate stuff, it should never have been allowed to go on in the first place.

Sometimes, there is a fine line between showing school spirit and just simply being rude. The Friendship Christian fans were the ones who surprised me during this last season's sectional in basketball. They were hollering profanities and insults and showed a complete lack of class. If Grace is not careful they will unfortunately be respected in Region 3 about as much as FCS is in Region 4. I can tell from some of the Grace posters on here that they know that is not a fair representation of who they are as a school.

Eagle,

You may want to check out the board rules link at the top of the page. Coacht does not like to ban posters but he is very clear about what he will not allow and you have crossed the line a number of times with some of your posts. I would hate to not be able to laugh at some of your posts anymore. You bring a little bit of life to the threads.

Eagle,

You may want to check out the board rules link at the top of the page. Coacht does not like to ban posters but he is very clear about what he will not allow and you have crossed the line a number of times with some of your posts. I would hate to not be able to laugh at some of your posts anymore. You bring a little bit of life to the threads.

He is on Moderator Preview so he will have to tone it down if he wants to post

Back to the topic....Silverdale vs Temple.

He is on Moderator Preview so he will have to tone it down if he wants to post

Back to the topic....Silverdale vs Temple.

:

He needs to be removed before he causes a real problem. By the way zonepirate congratulations on the MS game with Bledsoe last week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First, thanks for a measure of confirmation. While the student section is generally an issue, its more than that. As I said, some parents, some coaches, some administrators, etc. Their behavior is inconsistent with their name - Grace - which should show in their lives. The result is the reputation gained. Now every school (SBA included) has one or a few folks who get out of line on occasion - that's just life. But that's not the case here - its more pervasive and definitely consistent and perpetuated from year to year.

Also, living in the area, there is a pervading perception of a haughty attitude associated with Grace athletics. Parents inside the school and from competing schools have made numerous comments over the last few years. I know a little more personally since my 2 kids attended Grace for 1 year and of course know several students who still go there. My kids didn't play athletics there, so I don't have a particular bone to pick for that reason either. I can honestly say I have heard less than a handful of complementary comments about Grace athletics in several years which are far outnumbered by the opposite.

I don't know if the school's zeal to quickly have a successful athletic porgram has gotten the best of them or what, but it isn't a good thing.

I noticed that you are a new poster on coacht. It is easy to come on here and change your screen name. I just wonder if your not really eaglemaniac? Because this is the first time I have ever heard comments like this and I go to Silverdale Baptist Church.

Wow, I was thinking you (51sdad) are as bad as Eaglemaniac, but actually you are a whole lot worse. He can use age as an excuse but you get on here and make claims;

“Now a word about class - that would be the act of being gracious, humble, and displaying sportsmanship. Just thought I'd tell you since many of your "fans" and players don't have it.”

“However, you've lost your testimony and respect in the community by the arrogant reputation you've earned, and not just among SBA folks. The same characterizations and behavior have been witnessed by other schools as well. It's sad that people who name the name of Christ consistently shame the name of Christ.”

“I'm just tired of their arrogance which has truly gained them a poor reputation in the community.”

You sure do sling a lot of mud. Then you call a player and his dad out by name. It looks like you’re guilty of some of the same accusations you mentioned.

I got so caught up in the drama I forgot what the thread was about. Oh, Temple vs. Silverdale. The additions will help Temple down the road, I just hope they don’t get hurt before basketball season.