perry county v. Zion Christian

vikingpride

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think PC has an excellent chance of winning this week. I mean look at the MtP game, PChad a 3-0 lead over halfway through the 1st quarter. PC is getting better every week and the hard work is going to pay off soon, hopefully on friday night!!! Go Vikings!!!

p.s.- I read on the MtP/PC psot that PC "ran the the wedge and sweep too much", well guys the old sayin goes: run it till they stop it, and the full back was getting yards on the wedge all night!

I think PC has an excellent chance of winning this week. I mean look at the MtP game, PChad a 3-0 lead over halfway through the 1st quarter. PC is getting better every week and the hard work is going to pay off soon, hopefully on friday night!!! Go Vikings!!!

p.s.- I read on the MtP/PC psot that PC "ran the the wedge and sweep too much", well guys the old sayin goes: run it till they stop it, and the full back was getting yards on the wedge all night!

an old coach once said... "run the wedge until they give you the edge."

pchssupporter that sounds exactly like a quote i heard someone else say friday night after the game......... Anyways as for my prediction PC by as much as they want. I would like to also give props to the new PC helmet decals.

Yes! That is true, but this week also has a great opportunity! The coaches need to use weapons they're not using! We need to open this game up. Put the Boutwell kid uder center and air it out, Not Reed, use Reed for the weapon he is, screens and allow him the running room on the outside! Thats where he is dangerous, look at last year. Get him to the outside and he's unstoppable! Use the accuracy and strength of the Boutwell kids arm, THROW the FOOTBALL! You have some incredible hands and tallent out there, JUST USE IT, YOU WONT BE LET DOWN! Cambell has more receptions then any other player this year in a game situation, Phillips also has a great pair of hands! You have a fullback that never gives up in Qualls, you have the Mercer kid, he's still green, being a freshman, but he can assist with some big plays. If he stays healthy he'll be a force for the team in the years to come. Get on the O-line and make them hold the line, I see the coaches yelling at the backs, when the problem is in the line. There is a huge freshman #73 ( Don't know his name) he's a monster, develop him, use him, make this work! The coach is an ex-lineman, he knows what needs to be done to get the backfield the protection it needs? You'll gain confidence in the players and the fans will gain confidence in you!! You have some kids with lots of talent yet, we keep changing the direction each week! These kids are more confused and nervous then a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Please lets all encourage these coaches to take a chance and allow these kids to make a difference, lets also give these coaches the opportunity to mold this team, it still early! Support our team, I do mean TEAM, on a team there are no individuales!

I beleive it will be Perry Co. 28 - Zion 7

I'll take credit on that mTp post for it was I that said it.

The only reason PC had mTp 3-0 in the middle of the 1st qtr should be credited to your coach for the tricks on kick-offs and running the FB Dive for the first 5-6 minutes of that qtr. SLOWLY moving the ball down far enough to kick a FG. If he would have kicked it to the mTp players instead of the tricks on kick-off then the score would have reflected a lot different. That's something the coach was doing right. Smart move on his part for not allowing mTp to get the ball. Look what happened when mTp did.

49 rushes for only 153 yards, only 10 1st downs, 2 fumbles and 2 punts is what the FB dive and the sweep got PC against mTp. The longest run was on a kick return that put PC in scoring range that got you the only TD while the varsity was in. Doesn't look to me like the Wedge was getting too many yards or TD's all night. So why run it since it was getting stopped?

Look.... PC has some problems with out me getting on here and mouthin off, so I won't. I'm only responding to set things a little more in order for what I stated. I do agree that it will take some time for things to come together for PC, but it won't only running pretty much 2 plays that the o-line gets some push on. That's why I stated I didn't like what PC was doing Offensively. That's all.

Good luck to PC against Zion. Don't take these guys to lightly. Zion has improved somewhat since you've played last. It just might turn out to be a good ballgame. But I believe PC can win just because the line PC has will move the ball better on Zion.

Perry Co...........28

Zion..................21

Good luck to both teams Fri.nite. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll take credit on that mTp post for it was I that said it.

The only reason PC had mTp 3-0 in the middle of the 1st qtr should be credited to your coach for the tricks on kick-offs and running the FB Dive for the first 5-6 minutes of that qtr. SLOWLY moving the ball down far enough to kick a FG. If he would have kicked it to the mTp players instead of the tricks on kick-off then the score would have reflected a lot different. That's something the coach was doing right. Smart move on his part for not allowing mTp to get the ball. Look what happened when mTp did.

49 rushes for only 153 yards, only 10 1st downs, 2 fumbles and 2 punts is what the FB dive and the sweep got PC against mTp. The longest run was on a kick return that put PC in scoring range that got you the only TD while the varsity was in. Doesn't look to me like the Wedge was getting too many yards or TD's all night. So why run it since it was getting stopped?

Look.... PC has some problems with out me getting on here and mouthin off, so I won't. I'm only responding to set things a little more in order for what I stated. I do agree that it will take some time for things to come together for PC, but it won't only running pretty much 2 plays that the o-line gets some push on. That's why I stated I didn't like what PC was doing Offensively. That's all.

Good luck to PC against Zion. Don't take these guys to lightly. Zion has improved somewhat since you've played last. It just might turn out to be a good ballgame. But I believe PC can win just because the line PC has will move the ball better on Zion.

Perry Co...........28

Zion..................21

Good luck to both teams Fri.nite. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

no offense taken big bigby, i agree with you that the PC-Zion game will be a good game